“Dinner at Franzinis”
Review of FRANZINIS

FRANZINIS
Ranked #4 of 38 Restaurants in Trim
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Reastaurant set in a beautiful location ,beside the river at the steps of the majestic castle . Serving a varied menu of high quality local produce .Family friendly yet has a good buzz at weekends and later in the evening .full bar available
Reviewed 15 February 2013

The staff were excellent, so friendly and attentive. The food was delicious. The wine list was great with a lovely range of wines. The price was reasonable and I will be back. Well worth a visit...

1  Thank nursie40

Reviewed 13 February 2013

Went here to celebrate a birthday and from the moment we walked in the door we felt very welcome and comfortable! Having never eaten here before I did not know what to expect!

One of our party is heavily pregnant and the waiter pulled out the table to let her get into her seat and ensured she had cushions behind her back if she wanted them. Not many places or people would be so efficient I taking care of their guests.

Eating during the week we had the early bird and the value for the size of the portions is fantastic!!! Definitely would not be hungry after leaving here.

One final thing... Their panoffee... Absolutely divine!! Have never had desert like it before and we were raving about it the whole way home! Three course meal had by us and every plate was emptied going back to the kitchen. Couldn't fault the food or service in any way and would gladly go back again in future.

1  Thank mfinnmalteser
Reviewed 5 February 2013

No where near the way it used to be. Extremely noisy, sloppy service and too expensive for mediocre food

Reviewed 18 November 2012

I live in North County Dublin and had occasion to visit Franzini O'Briens with a group of six friends for dinner. This restaurant proved to be a very good choice. There was a lively atmosphere, and even thought it was busy on the night, service provision was excellent.
I had Smokies fish starter, a main course of chicken teriyaki served on a bed of noodles, followed by a selection of deserts.Wine tea and coffee was enjoyed by all. All members of the party were extremely satisfied with their food. In comparison to Dublin prices we received value for money. I would recommend this restaurant to anyone. Well done to the staff on the night..

1  Thank Rita G
Reviewed 11 November 2012

Thought we would try Franzini O'Briens after visiting Trim Castle today, the restaurant is conveniently located right next to Trim Castle and has a great ambience.

Well this is where it ends, we ordered the “Buffalo Chicken Wings” starters – according to the menu they are supposed to be grilled – they were definitely deep fried, dried out like leather. As for the service its shocking - waiters just walked right past our table about 8 times after we had finished our starters, they could see we were finished but decided to ignore the fact that we had finished our starter and left the plates in front of us until we had to ask to have them cleared.. They never once us how our meal, we were totally ignored and “We did not feel the love”. Further to this we noticed all the other tables had water, this only arrived after we asked. Before leaving I decided to order a double macchiato, when the bill arrived I noticed I was charged for 2 single Espresso's, when I queried this with who I would describe as the "manager / owner" he just said "Well, that’s the way it is, accept it!". Well I don’t accept it, a double macchiato should only cost slightly more than an espresso, I felt ripped off and we definitely will not be returning to this restaurant.