“Shocked and very dissapointed with the so called Manager's attitute!!!”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of FRANZINIS

FRANZINIS
Ranked #3 of 29 Restaurants in Trim
Cuisines: Italian, American, European
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Child-friendly, Kids, Groups, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Reastaurant set in a beautiful location ,beside the river at the steps of the majestic castle . Serving a varied menu of high quality local produce .Family friendly yet has a good buzz at weekends and later in the evening .full bar available
Dubin
“Shocked and very dissapointed with the so called Manager's attitute!!!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 January 2012

My husband and our 3 young children drove from Dublin to meet friends and colleagues for dinner. On arrival we were greated by a sour faced manager whom we told we were waiting for friends to arrive. Our 3 yr old son said he was feeling unwell from the journey so we rushed him outside where he vomited. I was rudely told by the manager we were giving the restaurant a bad name and when I tried to apolagise for a sick 3 yr old been ill I was totally ignored. If it was'nt for our company I would have told the manager who obviously has no children to stick his reservation!! Our friends who are regulars at this restaurant were totally embarressed and apolagised for inviting us there. Other then the manager the staff and food were quite good. We would not reccommend this restaurant or return as long as that manager is there.

• Visited January 2012

Westmeath
“Funky restaurant and tasty menu.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 January 2012

Gorgeous meal, had a great night here. This is a well run restaurant, staff are friendly and efficient and the food was delicious. I would recommend.

1 Thank dkt2010
Navan
“Good Food, good value!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 January 2012

Went here last night with and really enjoyed it. My self and my partner have eaten here before and when the whole family wanted to go out for a bite to eat i had to recommend it.
You really cant get better value for money, 3 courses for €25, all night, you really wont get better value than that and the food is really good. If the early bird isn't available it is quite pricey though. I would recommend calling and checking if it is still available first!
The only complaint that was said at the table was that a steak was slightly over cooked for his liking(wanted Medium, slightly bloody, and it came Medium to Well) but after eating the whole thing he remarked it was a very tasty steak!
Will be going back...again!

• Visited January 2012
Dublin, Ireland
“Very good service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 December 2011

We go to this restaurant every few months and generally enjoy it. The staff are very professional, service is excellent it's good value for money.
We have been going here for years, and I don't think the menu has changed in all the years and I must have tried most dishes at this stage loads of times. Don't get me wrong- the food is excellent, but I feel they could jazz up the menu a little so it's not a case of "same old"! That's the only complaint I have about Franzini's.
Otherwise excellent.

• Visited October 2011
Newry, Co.Down
“Not what we expected.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 November 2011

Visited this restaurant on recommendation of hotel. When we first arrived we almost went elsewhere because we thought it was closed! They have a wonderful frontage but had pulled great heavy curtains right across the two windows so that the only sign of life inside was through the front door at close inspection. Presumably this is to retain heat.
Their early 2/3 course special is good value when compared to what you would pay full price!! We sampled 3 courses and got off to a good start with starters. Mains were a little frustrating with the fajitas having plenty of flavour but absolutely overwhelmed with onions (enough to provide husband plenty for his steak) and the meat either precooked or seriously overcooked.
Tiramisu was pleasant but more sponge than moist.

Service was almost too efficient with staff leaving table to rush off to their next task before you had even finished speaking. Perhaps they have got a little used to tourist trade and save their charm for the regulars?!