“Great food.....Great value....Great host”
Review of Cross Street Bistro - CLOSED

Cross Street Bistro
Price range: US$17 - US$32
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 28 July 2013

We have tried the Cross Street Bistro on a number of occasions since its new owner took it over. The food is always excellent and is really great value. The early bird is on offer most of the time and it is refreshing to get a full dinner menu at a reduced price. There is an emphasis on home cooked food. The owner James is very friendly and a wonderful host. Definitely worth trying!

1  Thank BaileyBooEstevas

Reviewed 1 June 2013

Had a beautiful meal in this restaurant. We have been there several time and as always the food is excellent. The service and the atmosphere is wonderful. Looking forward to going back soon. If you are in the Kells area its well worth a visit.

1  Thank NicoComeathIreland
Reviewed 18 April 2013

I have been here a few times and I have to say it is the only place I would eat out in Kells. It's refreshing to be met with decent, helpful and attentive service- something others could learn from. The menu is well priced and you feel you get good quality and good portions. I really hope this restaurant succeeds as it is evident the staff are trying. Only thing was it was a bit cold in the room and sometimes lacking in atmosphere due to empty tables but then again I usually go mid week so bound to be quieter. Best of luck to Cross Street; you have a fan in me!

1  Thank cavanfoodie
Reviewed 12 April 2013

Had a lovely meal in the Cross Street Bistro tonight - they really go to great effort in ensuring everything is home-made and fresh. I had melt-in-the-mouth mushrooms to start with, followed by battered fish and chips. The fish was cooked perfectly and the batter was light and not greasy like some batters that are served up in some pubs & restaurants - it was served with homemade tartar sauce and red cabbage slaw, cut really finely. I loved the thinly sliced cucumber garnish as well, very fresh. The chunky chips are also, needless to say, homemade.

I managed to squeeze in dessert and the tastiest chocolate cream pie dessert I've ever had. To paraphrase Agent Cooper from the cafe in Twin Peaks, this is damn fine chocolate cream pie!! My husband had the April special, chicken wings, a burger and a beer. The sauce on the chicken wings is the best he ever tasted - I think it will become legendary in these parts!! And the service as always was excellent. This place is a hidden gem!

1  Thank Cladonia123
Reviewed 1 February 2013 via mobile

Cold , windy and wet,first day of spring does'nt feel that way , we hadn't booked but no problem to our genial host, we wet seated promptly, menus supplied we both decided to go off early bird menu although not a huge choice 3 starters portobello mushrooms , pork belly , and fish pie. Four mains, pork fillet, pollock, chicken stuffed with black pudding, also steak ( €4 supplement) a goodish selection of wines bread and an interesting amuse bouche

Price € 20 two course €24 three course
Wine €19 to€30 food and service good would recommend , a bit off the beaten track but worth looking for
A la carte menu also