All reviews knock airport knock shrine lovely hotel lovely meal second to none stayed for one night wonderful stay short drive breakfast room breakfast was excellent claire mayo wedding ireland receptionist castlebar mary
Reviewed 17 August 2018 via mobile

Came here to eat in a few months back. This a great hotel but I didn't expect the food to be frozen cold. It was a very quiet day, no customers. The staff was friendly and kind. Beds were comfortable but the room was very cold. I definitely wouldn't come back to this hotel. I've seen more hotels better than this one.

Date of stay: February 2018
Trip type: Travelled solo
Claire M, Manager at Park Hotel Kiltimagh, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2018

Dear Jess

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel in August for your February stay. Thank you for your lovely comments about our wonderful staff. Our team is very important to us and I am delighted that your found our hospitality to be good.

On the point of our rooms temperature, all our rooms have a thermostat in them to enable you to control your own heat. Most people turn down the thermostat as they feel our rooms are very comfortable. If you called reception which we always ask people to do if they have any queries we would have been delighted to assist you.

We are well known for our hospitality and our food. Our food is cooked to order and served on hot plates. We are not in the habit of serving cold food as we would not enjoy the good reputation we have for food if we did. Our friendly and Kind staff as you stated would have gladly looked after any concerns you had on the temperature of your food if you spoke with them

Thank you for your comments and I am delighted that you commented our hotel was a great hotel

Kind Regards

Reviewed 9 August 2018

Attended a wedding here in July 18 and to be honest it was a joke from the start, 300 people packed into a room that can only hold 250 at best, chairs back to back no room to move at all. A serious health and safety issue the poor waiting staff couldnt get around the tables it was so tight and one guest had a hot starter dropped on them and the service took over 4 hours The sound system wasnt working for the bridal party entrance, the air conditioning system couldnt cope with the heat in the room some guests had to go home and change outfits the heat was that bad, felt so sorry for the bride and groom big changes needed !

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Travelled with friends
5  Thank Mylady211

Dear My Lady211

I was extremely confused upon receiving your review. First of all our ballroom caters for up to and including 350 people. We have catered for this number on many, many occasions and have never received anything other than compliments from our Bride, Grooms and families

The wedding you are reviewing was not for 350 it was for under 300 people. Not only do we state that we hold this amount it is also confirmed and inspected by our local Fire Authority on an annual basis in order for us to receive our dance Licence. To state that we would put anyone in any danger regarding health and safety is a very serious matter for our business. Our customers and staff safety is always a priority and you can ensure that we are completely compliant in these matters.

It is an insult to our team that work hard every day to ensure our guests are looked after, to say that they would drop a hot starter onto someone. We take time to train our staff and customer courtesy is at the very heart of everything we do. We are very lucky to have such a wonderful team.

I normally don't respond to reviews, I just take feedback from them and try to improve on any suggestions, but felt I had to respond to this review as it is so damning to our business, and a review that I strongly contest too. We have been looking after our customers for nearly 12 years. All our business is through word of mouth and our reputation is very important to us. On behalf of myself and my team we are so disappointed on your review of someone very special day.

Reviewed 13 July 2018 via mobile

We had a fabulous meal and overnight stay to celebrate our first wedding anniversary. The food was fabulous and the service was friendly. We stayed in the fabulous honeymoon suite that we had stayed in at our wedding a year before. Breakfast the next day was great, there was a huge amount of choice avaliable. Thank you to all the staff.

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Mel B
Reviewed 3 July 2018

Wasn't to sure what to expect. Exterior of hotel not great but absolutely lovely stay. Decor is lovely and fresh with some lovely and interesting photos and paintings along corridors and waiting areas. Our room was very comfortable and very clean the whole hotel was very well cleaned and maintained. The bar food was lovely and the staff friendly and helpful. What more could you want. Not too far a drive to Westport and just a few minutes from Knock. Seemed to be used alot by business people would be a great couples or family break hotel. Would stay again.

Date of stay: June 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 24 June 2018 via mobile

My husband and I decided to treat ourselves to Sunday lunch we both decided to have roast turkey and ham what a mistake no ham turkey veg and mashed potato all cold only the roast potatoes were hot spoke to manager she asked if we had a table check we said yes but we hadn't started the cold food at that stage manager very unhelpful what a waste of €27 90 we won't b going back Eileen O Connor

Date of stay: June 2017