Algotels
Trip.com
Destinia.com
Official Site
1,094 results
All reviews the cottages the main hotel ocean view restaurant shuttle service courtyard suite full kitchen golf links amazing hotel top class from start to finish bar and restaurant fantastic stay spa ireland lodge caddies accommodations
Selected filters
Reviewed 5 September 2022

A must place to visit, dine, relax and play Golf. We had 20 Gents from all over the USA, and really enjoyed the whole experience. The rooms were spacious, the meals were delicious and the grounds and Golf course were in immaculate shape. Take plenty of pics as the scenery & breath taking views are spectacular.If playing golf the caddies were very knowledgable and personable to walk the course with.

Review collected in partnership with Trump Hotel Group
Joe Russell, General Manager at Trump International Golf Links & Hotel Doonbeg, responded to this reviewResponded 9 September 2022

Dear Johnny C

Thank you for your very kind review following your recent visit to Trump Doonbeg. I am very pleased to note how much you and your friends enjoyed your golf and hotel experience overall. I will be pleased to inform all our team members across the board and hopefully, we will have an opportunity to welcome you again next year.
Many thanks again,

Joe Russell

Reviewed 4 September 2022 via mobile

We have just returned from another fantastic stay at Doonbeg. It has been fantastic from start to finish. A heartfelt thanks to the wonderful staff who really make the experience here second to none, their warmth, friendliness and attention to detail makes this place very special. Trudy, thank you for looking after us and all of our bookings, you're a lady.
This stay we dined twice at Trumps Bar, many thanks to Bogdan who is such a gentleman and looked after us so well. We thoroughly enjoyed dining here. We just love the atmosphere, peace and tranquility of the resort, the rooms are exceptional, spotless and so comfortable. The scenery and views are breathtaking. My husband enjoyed a round of golf and is highly complementary of the exceptional conditions of the course and the staff. We love the beach at doonbeg and also recommend a visit to the Kilkee cliffs / cliff walk.

Date of stay: September 2022
Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear WCM1311

Thank you for your very kind review following your and your husband's visit to Trump Doonbeg. I am very pleased to note how much you enjoyed your engagements, the service and the offering provided by the ladies and gentlemen on staff. Our golf course is indeed a challenge but shows some of the most beautiful scenery in Ireland.
I will of course be pleased to pass your compliments to all the team, in particular Trudy and Bogdan.

Hopefully, we will have an opportunity to welcome you again soon.

My thanks again,

Joe Russell

Reviewed 4 September 2022

The hotel is a beautiful looking structure & a nice setting. We attended for a wedding , on arrival not a sign to be seen as to where to go for the wedding. It was a guessing game. On entry eventually in the main door we made our way into the bar , no front of house staff even raised their heads or acknowledged us. In the bar it is a lovely setting , the bar staff , an older man with grey hair served us & was rude & unfriendly.

The food we received was not great & very small portions. At the bar for the wedding they only have one white wine , no Pinot Grigio & only cork dry gin so no Choice ( extremely poor & over priced drink ). When I questioned about the wine , the same older barmen as earlier snapped at me that it was the wedding wine but still charged me for it.

I’ve seen better tiolets in a 3 star hotel.

Food was thrown out as quick as possible & no one came around such as a manger to check how everything was.

The people on the table next to us were next to the door & were cold all night as the doors were opening & closing all night.

I would not recommend this hotel as a guest of a wedding.

Date of stay: September 2022
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Tadhg S

I regret that you did not enjoy yourself at the recent wedding event. Your experience is not consistent with other guests who attended the same wedding and have since then applauded our staff and the resort for the service and hospitality presented throughout the day.

Appreciating that all feedback is an individuals opinion, and Trump Doonbeg is not for everyone, I trust that other visitors to TripAdvisor will consider the wide range of commentary in other reviews and form their own opinions on our staff, our offering, and our standards overall.

With regards,

Reviewed 2 September 2022

My wife and I made Our 30th Anniversary trip and made a lifetime of memories. I would go back every month for a lifetime if I could. superb top shelf experience. Local people were so friendly and accommodating and helpful. Great food was my experience at any place I went.

Review collected in partnership with Trump Hotel Group

Thank you Cahaba244 for your very kind feedback and congratulations once again on your 30th anniversary. I am delighted to read how much you enjoyed your stay which I will share with the team across the resort. Hopefully, we will have an opportunity to welcome you for No 31.

Best regards,

Reviewed 1 September 2022

This resort was very well run and the service was impeccable. The scenery was magnificent! This property is definitely geared towards a golf experience, but as someone who was not there to golf...beautiful and relaxing.

Review collected in partnership with Trump Hotel Group

Thank you Mary Ellen H for your very kind feedback which is most appreciated. We are very pleased to see how much you enjoyed your stay overall while appreciating the natural beauty and surroundings of west Clare.

I hope that we will have an opportunity to welcome you again soon.

Warm regards,