“Great moussaka”

Ranked #6 of 40 Restaurants in Lassi
Price range: US$8 - US$22
Cuisines: Greek
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Welcome to Phaedra Restaurant. The restaurant ''Phaedra'' opened its doors in 1997 and it is located in Lassi, the tourist area of Argostoli, which is also one of the lovliest areas in Kefalonia. In Lassi are located two of the most well-known beaches on the island, namely, Makrys Gialos and Platys Gialos, which are chosen not only by the tourists but also by the local residents of Kefalonia. And of course, some of the most beautiful places for sight-seeing, for example Fanari, Saint Gerasimo's cave and just a few kilometers away, the heart of Argostoli. In our restaurant you will find a variety of delicious traditional dishes. Many of our dishes are based on kefalonian cusine, but it also has dishes from all over Greece. We always cook with fresh ingredients and we have a large variety of Kefalonian wines, including the well-known Robola as well as many others.
Reviewed 28 June 2016 via mobile

Both my wife and I had the moussaka. Was fantastic. Service was excellent too. We've tried most of the restaurants in the area and thought that this was one of out favourites. Free liqueur as well after the meal.

1  Thank john d

Reviewed 26 June 2016 via mobile

We ate here on our last night and it divided us in opinion. I had Sagnaki but had better elsewhere. I then ordered beef kokkiniko and didn't read the menu correctly as it was served with pasta. It was edible and the flavour was nice, but does it go with pasta? Not in my opinion. The sauce was too gravy like and very rich. The house wine was lovely. Service was slow, much slower than other places. It was so hot and we had to keep asking for ice to cool the drinks. My husband had a pasta dish which he said was possibly the best meal he'd had whilst there and the others enjoyed theirs. Starters were pricey. Two of the others ordered aubergine rolls which were stuffed with cheese and pesto but served with a very rich, sticky balsamic vinegar which they thought was odd. The surroundings are nice.

Reviewed 26 June 2016

We dined here on recommendation of a local barman and it was a decent meal. Menus across Lassi are similar but the quality here was excellent - baked feta and a ceasar salad in particular were awesome. The service was faultless - warm, helpful and accommodating.

1  Thank Digby98
Reviewed 25 June 2016 via mobile

We went there yesterday and we had to wait 50min for our starters, and more than 1h for the main. The service was bad. So we left..

Reviewed 24 June 2016

I went to Phaedra twice in my weeks stay in Lassi. The First time - I loved the food, very tasty, very well presented. So as my last night treat for the holiday I decided to go back and was very disappointed. I ordered the Chicken Souvlaki, The chicken was very rubbery - so much so it make a squeaking noise as I was eating it. This really put me off and I couldn't continue eating it. Such a shame as I had an excellent meal there days before. Don't be put off by what I said as I really did enjoy the ambience of this restaurant and the service was just exceptional! Give it a try! Just stay away from the chicken!