“Good value”
Review of Hotel Olympia

Hotel Olympia
Ranked #11 of 15 Karteradhos B&B and Inns
Reviewed 29 September 2015

My wife and i stayed 3 nights here after a disappointing experience at Stavros Villas; We were made very welcome by the young lady at reception who throughout our stay was exceptionally pleasant and helpful. When judging a place you need to take into account what you pay and Hotel Olympia is only 40 Euros per night. Our room at the back of the hotel was a reasonable size with balcony and sea view, a little dated but in good order and clean, we were provided with clean linen and towels every day. The bathroom was small but again clean and perfectly adequate, the shower functioned perfectly well and there was plenty of hot water.
Breakfast is 7 Euros, it is a buffet, choice is limited, however there was cereal, fruit salad, yogurt, meat,cheese and as much toast as you wanted, we did not experience any problems of out of date foods as suggested by previous reviews.
There is a good size swimming pool with plenty of space and sunbeds. The hotel is in a quiet area just a couple of minutes away from the very noisy main road. You can walk into Fira comfortably in 10 minutes. The hotel does cater for groups of young travellers and students, there was some noise early evening from talking in the corridors and door banging however there was no unruly behaviour and the hotel was quiet by midnight.

Room Tip: Rooms at the back of the hotel are quiet and overlook open land and the sea
  • Stayed: September 2015, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 25 August 2015 via mobile

All honesty this place was just shocking! Being a young traveller I'm pretty easy going and don't make a huge fuss where I stay but something that is very important to me is cleanliness and this hotel was just not! So much hair in the bathroom and the room had a pretty bad smell. Another couple we were travelling with actually had a pair of underwear left in the bathroom. I'm not sure if less consideration is taken for tour groups (there was 30 of us) as opposed to a small family/couple booking but regardless, it's unacceptable.

I avoided breakfast both days as it just wasn't appealing at all. Mouldy cheese/dry bread - no thanks!

I do wanna give credit to the female staff member at reception - she was lovely and as for a few others, not so much.

Location wise is good. Wasn't too long of a walk to the main bit - about 15 minutes but we hired quaddies which I highly recommend to get around.

Overall I was pretty happy I was only there for 2 days otherwise I would have most definitely left and booked elsewhere.

1  Thank ABarrra
Reviewed 18 August 2015 via mobile

The hotel is located only 10mins walk from the city centre and not far from the beaches. The hotel staff were extremely accomodating and made me feel at home with how nice they treated me. They even helped me to my room at night when i came home drunk.

The rooms were a good size. The bathrooms were okay just be careful not to let the shower leak.

Reviewed 1 August 2015 via mobile

I stayed in this hotel as part of Top Deck tour, I don't understand how this Hotel receive such high rating as it is average at best.

Their room are old and bathrooms are run down. the shower is poor as it has
Very low water pressure. It's about 15 - 20 minutes to walk to town centre.

I strongly suggest to avoid their breakfast if possible as some of the produce they
Serve are either out of date or mouldy. (Few of us got sick due to the tinted food)

Other then this their pool is good and reception staff are friendly.

1  Thank Levileelevi
Reviewed 27 July 2015

Travelled to Santorini and stayed in Hotel Olympia for 2 nights in July. The staff was very friendly and made us feel right at home! The rooms were very clean , even though quite basic, but overall it offers a great option for stay close to the capital of Fira without paying extreme prices. Swimming pool was great to have and very clean!
Well done to Argiris and Family who run this little hotel like their own family home!
Will definately recommend to others and visit again

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled as a couple