All reviews sea view local drinks two weeks main building greek cuisine last minute deal on a daily basis small pool coming back next year little things fussy eater three star lovely holiday couldn't do enough theo hersonissos barman
Reviewed 28 September 2015

Our room was basic but hat we had expected giving the price we paid, had a good view from the balcony, small bathroom but manageable....

Food the same ole same ole, not horrible but again you get what you pay for, good job it was rugby World Cup because the fight for some food resembled it, with people acting as if the food would run out....it didn't....you could tell the difference between rude and politeness by people's actions....

Drinks very sparse Beer Wine Soft drinks Brandy Ouzo, no Vodka....grrrr

If a hotels policy is to remove towels then they should stick with it, as it would of been nice to sit at the nice pool, near the only bar that offers the drinks....

The walk to town is lovely with lots of restaurants which offer value for money, which you should take up.....
DOWNSIDE IF YOUR A NON SMOKER ITS AWFUL! , WE MOVED TABLES BUT MET WITH MORE CIGARETTE SMOKE, no regard to non smokers, I feel they should have a area for smokers, the world is a changing place and smoking is a killer if you want to kill people sit with others who do it, I like my fresh air.....

Room tip: Main building
Date of stay: September 2015
2  Thank NicknDeb
Reviewed 27 September 2015

The Location is great. Means having a beatifull view all day to the sea. In only 3-4 minutes you are at the beach (the sandy beach is ca. 10 minutes away). We always used the direct way. The beach and water is clean. The best was to go for Swimming before breakfast.
The Hotel was at this time full. (sept.2015). The Food was international and there were always a good choice for everyone. Except, the fish, was always the same.
The rooms were cleaned every day. You can hire a car at the Hotel for good Price.
The Hotel is not a luxuary one - but for us it was fully okay.
There are different type of rooms, depending of the building. We had small room but we had therefore a balkony with sea view - what was fully compesating the rest.
There are some interesting excursions to do from there. I recommend to take 2-3 offeres and compare. There are some travel agencies in Stalis (15 min. walk from Hotel) where you can ask.
Recommendation, Knossos Palast (with gaid), Agios Nicolaos, Krassi (the very old trees - more than 2000 years old - very impressive), etc.
WIFI Access only close to reception
Would come again! It was a nice stay for us to be guest in this Hotel.

Date of stay: September 2015
Reviewed 17 September 2015

Spent a week at the hotel and I'd like to share my experiences so others can benefit from it. Where should I start, we arrived at 8 PM to the hotel. I traveled with my girlfriend from Romania, there were also other couples who came to this so called hotel. At the reception we waited patiently to get our room keys and to be guided around the hotel, I saw that the other man from our romanian group handed over 10 euros or something to the receptionist at arrival (I think that he was told that this would bring him some benefits, actually I've read that too on some forum) but it turned at later that it was just a useless gesture because the staff didn't really care. Then, the guy at the reception gave us our keys, took our ID cards (don't know the reason for it, haven't experienced something like that before at any other hotels I've been so far), he told us the we're very privileged: we get air conditioned rooms and safe for free (whohoo!!!). Everything was good so far but the surprises didn't stop there. A young boy was sent to guide us to our room but at half way to it he just told us that we should go here and there and up and we get there. We've spent some time until we finally found our room at the first floor. There were also another couple with kids who were also in the same shoes as we, searching for the room. Now, let's get to the business, what I can I say about the room? It was small and dirty, the furniture were full of dust. We tried to place our baggage on the top of the closet so we could get some free space on the floor and for our surprise we had to witness that it was full of dust, also my girlfriend tried to put the clothes inside the closet but it was dirty as well, so we needed to clean the place a bit. The bathroom was also small, no shower cabin. I don't understand how others had clean rooms because it seemed to me that cleaning was almost non existent during our stay. We saw the cleaning lady for a couple of times, she even broke into the room while we're inside. One good thing was that towels were replaced every other day but the dirty towels were not removed from the room for some reason, we placed them on the floor and we ended up with a big pile of towels when we left.
About the food, well, what can I say? It was the best thing compared to the other aspects of the hotel. It was edible but it wasn't anything special, there we're fruits for each meal but it were the same (melons, apples), also the food was the same but relatively varied so we could at least choose something. Here, I have to mention that there were a single table-napkin for each place at the table, so if you ended up needing more, you had to stole from other tables if you could find one :d
Drinks, those were also a joke for an all inclusive hotel: you won't get a single bottled drink, everything that was included was on tap: there was a strange looking old machine which you could use to fill your glass up with soda. Even the water wasn't drinkable because it was so salty, I think it was tap water so we ended up buying big bottles of water because we couldn't stand that. The beer and wine was also on tap, the beer was okay-ish, I would say, didn't try the wine though. I expected to get better drinks for the money that we gave for this awkward hotel. I also mention here that there were no glasses in the room, so in case you'd need one, I'd advise to bring one with you before going to this hotel :d
As other reviewers said, the placement of the hotel is good. You can get to the beaches in 10 minutes or so.
Ah, I forgot to mention the wifi. It was non existent in the rooms, supposedly it should have worked near the reception but the signal was very weak.
All in all, our holiday was successful, the island is amazing, you have plentiful places to visit, relax and enjoy the superb beaches and views but I won't recommend this hotel to anyone because it's very bad. If it was cheaper I wouldn't blame so much but I think it was not worth the money at all.

Room tip: great views, dirty rooms, average food, cheap drinks, salty tap water
1  Thank Zoliqa01
Reviewed 8 September 2015

I went with my partner (24/28) for a week Aug'15.
Now, the hotel itself is lovely. It looks nice, is a good lay out, the views are amazing, and the staff are fantastic; welcoming and friendly. The room we had was very spacious and with a decent size balcony. Our room was cleaned daily with fresh towels. The beds were quite uncomfortable, though, and myself and my partner woke up with sore necks and backs daily.
The food - was okay-ish. There wasn't much to choose from and it was very repetitive. In fact, for the week I was there, I think I ate at the hotel 6 times in total (1 for breakfast, 3 for lunch, 2 for dinner). The rest of the time I chose to eat out.
All inclusive? Not really. It's a choice of about 4 alcohol drinks, and they don't even have diet pepsi - if you want that with a brandy, you have to buy it from tuck shop yourself. Every other alcoholic drink you had to pay for.
The pool area was nice, not enough beds for the amount of people staying, though. We often gave up and walked down to the beach (which was BEAUTIFUL). There's a nice restaurant down the beach front called Robin Hood, which serves a full English breakfast to anyone missing home cooking (and also a lovely PG Tips brew) - well worth a trip to for breakfast. No entertainment in the hotel, so if you want to enjoy your evening with someone a bit more exiting than the radio, you will need to venture out to one of the many bars down the beach front (again - well worth it). All in all it was a lovely holiday, but if you're one for staying in your hotel for the duration of your holiday, and lapping up the all-in that you paid for, choose a different place. I personally would go back to the same area, but pick a different hotel. The best thing about it was the view from the room.

Room tip: Ask for a sea view room with balcony
4  Thank Emma J
Reviewed 29 August 2015 via mobile

Just home from a week holiday at this hotel. Hotel and rooms very clean. All inclusive is more like full board. Breakfast from 7.30-9.30, lunch 12.30-2.30 and dinner 7.30-9.30. Cakes and biscuits around 4.30 at pool area. The drinks are from 10.30am to 10.30pm. The drinks include soft drinks, ouzo, raki, wine, brandy and beer. Have to pay for any other spirits. Which is a bit disappointing. Food was mostly chips, pizza, chicken nuggets, pasta dishes, rice dishes, salads, fresh meat (pork, chicken, roast beef). The food was tasty. It was much the same each day though. Pool at bar area is nice, but have be early for sun beds.
Stalis is a ten minute walk along coast path. A very quiet village with beaches and lots of bars and restaurants. We went daily for some cocktails. Cocktails were around €5-€8. Very nice village and everyone made you feel welcome and chatty. Meals were very cheap in the village as well. Including a drink (a cocktail) you would be about €20 at the very most. Very good value. Water sports available to do at beach here.
Hersonissos is a another town which isn't far which is worth a visit. Lots of shops and bars and restaurants there. Could easily spend all day there. €7 each way from hotel. Harbour type place there which there's plenty of bars and restaurants to watch over sea.
I would definitely recommend a visit to this area of Crete but if you are looking for an all inclusive holiday to stay mainly at hotel wouldn't recommend. Good basic base to explore area though and if you are open to eat and drink out.

Trip type: Travelled with friends