See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 17 February 2017

I got a special deal (89 EUR for room Sahara) on booking.com so I cancelled my original booking and stayed one night at the Hotel Ziegelruh in Babenhausen.

What I liked
- unique idea and setup with a four poster bed
- quite large room
- sauna cabin in the room
- friendly staff
- good breakfast
- large free parking
- CD player in the room

What I did not like
- I would rate the hotel a 4 or 5 star trip advisor ranking hotel. However the room I stayed has the worst bed I found in a hotel for a long time. I am really used to soft beds as they are used all across US. But this bed is beyond soft. I sank all the way into the middle of the bed and felt like sleeping in a hammock.
I got up in the middle of the night because of back pain and slept the rest of the night in one of the armchairs. Not really what i expect from a hotel.
- The TV is pretty much not useable since it is not viewable from the bed
- The sauna needs to be switched on centrally and you have to pay extra for it
- Light in the sauna cannot be switched off so the light is shining on the bed throughout the night. I tried to cover it with a towel but failed
- There is a minibar but it was empty. You need to ask the reception to fill it. Strange.
- Room walls are rather thin so noise from other guests are interrupting the sleep during the night.

This hotel is not recommendable until they change the beds - so please do not stay here.

Date of stay: February 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Marie D, Verkaufsleiter at Wellness und Spa Hotel Ziegelruh, responded to this reviewResponded 7 March 2018

Dear teaki,

I would like to thank you for the time that it takes to write a Review.
Please be aware of the fact, that we have waterbeds. They are very soft to make people relax and sometimes you need to re-adjust them.
If you would have mentioned the fact, that it is uncomfortable to you, we would have found a better solution for you.

Best regards,
Miguel Gomes
Guest Relations

Reviewed 14 December 2015

We went there for a romantic wellness weekend. Our room looked out onto the car park and hotel opposite - be careful about having the lights on at night and the large German style full shutters open because everyone can see straight through thin net curtains as you enjoy the "private sauna" etc. Perhaps Hotel could give some thought to obscuring around edge of balcony?
The food was ok - lacked choice and chef seemed to like using a lot of salt.
Surprised how unhealthy it was for a wellness hotel - not much veg and fruit on the set menu. One night the main course was only meat and potatoes :/ followed by a very sweet sugary dessert.
Breakfast was good - choice, quality, presentation. Fruit was tired and old - a little out of reach so we were not sure if it was for eating or decoration.
oh and we laughed to see sekt/prosecco at breakfast! tempted but not exactly a wellness choice.
I wouldn't say we felt the "romantic" claim - didn't stop us from being it but if you're looking for a bit of help from the environment......
Spa and wellness centre: a 2 person sauna, a 2 person IR sauna, a 4 person outside jacuzzi, a 2 person salt grotto, a 6 person steam room, a rest room. We spent a lot of time going between them to see what was free and then waiting outside for the users to come out. Jacuzzi was best.
Would prefer if staff are showing other guests around that they didn't open the sauna door and show it to others while we were in there! Hilarious.
Staff helpful, smiley and friendly. Always nice when hotel staff say a genuine hello in corridors and on stairs etc. Room cleaners good but if you don't put the red tag on the door they will ring the door bell at 9am to "see if you're in or not"!
Would we go back? she said yes...but I'd was thinking not sure.

Date of stay: December 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Hotelziegelruh, Inhaber at Wellness und Spa Hotel Ziegelruh, responded to this reviewResponded 15 December 2015

Hello,

you sure have a right to critizise what you did not like. However please consider : we are a very small hotel with only 24 rooms. The spa is only for our guests. We have no need for a big sauna. Every single room in the hotel hat its own sauna and most of our guests preferr privacy. The curtains are only decoration. Each room has shutters, you only need to shut them. As for the food at the dining room : once more, we have only few rooms and we offer dinner only for hotel guests. You need a large variety ? then you must go to a
public restaurant. The food would not be fresh if we did. Everything you eat was not long in the fridge. You want more vegetables and no meat ? you should order a vegetarian menü. This course will be cooked only for you but naturally on request. Not all of our guests are vegetarians. Your wife would like to come back ? Maybe she likes being alone with you. We have no conference rooms, no party, no families and also no children tolling around and shouting. We never wanted to be everybodys Darling. Our guests are mostly couples and they want to be left alone. Mary

Reviewed 4 August 2015 via mobile

I usually stay in this hotel because travel a lot to Babenhausen.
It's a very calm place, with silence...
I do not really use the services included because I only come for business, buy it looks good.
The restaurant is excellent with a great local beer.

Date of stay: August 2015
Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 25 November 2014

Having the "Romantisch Wust" or "Romantic Desert" as the theme of my room was a bit freaky as a business traveller!
But the huge, comfortable, draped four poster and low lighting would indeed create the right mood for romance. Every room has a private sauna as well. Not too bad at all.
There was a large DVD collection to pick from and players and big screen tv's in every room. Balconies big enough to sit out on, as well.
Although the bar and restaurant both close fairly early, there is a late night restaurant and bar at the hotel opposite, which is just a regular one and doesn't specialise in wellness/spa.
Staff were extremely accommodating and helpful, the boss even picked me up and delivered me to the hotel when I got lost on arrival - Note: check your Map/Navi App CAREFULLY as the same company owns three properties in this town - and the breakfast was positively spectacular. A wide range, many gourmet choices (24 different teas, for goodness' sake) and fabulous quality generally.
Would happily visit again, maybe with my partner to enjoy the full benefits.

Room tip: Ground floor are the coolest rooms, but they're all good.
Date of stay: November 2014
Reviewed 7 November 2013

THE BEST: Free DVD Films & DVD player with a very new TV.
THE WORST: There was no option to have dinner in its Restaurant, but it was open for external customers ;< ... so I went to Hotel Residenz Restaurant (just in front of).

OTHER: Not a very good wellcome when I arrived, the private sauna had an addicional price. At night, the silence of the surrounding was excellence. If you like horses, there are some near the Hotel.

Date of stay: November 2013