All reviews italian restaurant aqua park shuttle bus animation team cuban bar main restaurant water slides self service three children the main lobby bar for making our holiday small water park sea view indoor pool great fun mini bar in the room cleaning staff
Reviewed 18 June 2015

Had a wonderful holiday in this superbly run hotel. First visit to Bulgaria and was a little uncertain what to expect due to the relatively low cost of our break. Need not have had a worry at all, the food was very good overall the wine acceptable at meal times and the drinks although not international brands were fine. I would not bother with the "specialty" restaurants and stick with the excellent food in the main buffet. The cleanliness of the place has to be seen to be believed with staff working constantly throughout the day, well done all. As with many such places not that much to do in the evening apart from drink and chill (like that's a problem) unless you are not into the animation teams productions but that is not uncommon among many package holiday hotels outside the major towns and cities. Overall I would say the perfect place fr a week to relax and recharge.

Room Tip: The sun onto your balcony at the rear of the hotel can extend your sunbathing by a couple of hours.
  • Stayed: June 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank David H
Evgeniy G, Deputy General Manager at Sol Luna Bay, responded to this reviewResponded 20 July 2015

Dear David H,

I am delighted to hear that you were so pleased with your stay at our hotel and that you had a great first taste of Bulgaria. I would like to thank you on behalf of our entire team for choosing our hotel and taking the time to share your experience on TripAdvisor.
We will be delighted to welcome you back in the future and hope that you will get to experience even more of Bulgaria, as it has so much to offer.

Best wishes,

Reviewed 18 June 2015

A very, very clean hotel. Outstanding housekeeping. Cleaness and hygiene are at the very top. I would like to say Thank you to our housekeeper Vanya. I was really feeling that someone is doing something just for me. Thank you for folding the blankets to look like a ribbon and putting my hair clip on it to finish the ribbon look. That always made me smile. Thank to Emo, the bartender, delicious cocktails, made with such a passion and enthusiasm. Thank to the bellboys that are giving that first impression and explaing the basics that the guest should know at the very beginning. Beautiful resort, beautiful beach, sand, large rooms, huge public areas, huge restaurants, bars, at your service personnel. What more should a person need for his brilliant vacation.

Room Tip: Definitely a sea view. Big balconies, beautiful view.
  • Stayed: June 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Kozludzhova

Dear guest "Kozludzhanova",

Thank you so much for such warm and kind words. On behalf of the entire team of Sol Luna Bay I would like to thank you for choosing our hotel. I will make sure to pass on your thanks to our team and to Vanya and Emo in particular.
It will be our pleasure to welcome you back and provide you with another wonderful experience.

Reviewed 17 June 2015 via mobile

This was my first trip to Bulgaria and it was booked as a last minute break. The hotel was spotlessly clean and nothing was too much trouble for any staff member. The rooms were very nice and the bathroom was excellent. I would say the chairs on the room balcony were very flimsy but this is a minor point.
The restaurant was very clean but I would suggest the meals were more suited to the German and Russian guests. I was very disappointed with the Italian restaurant. The pizzas were no different to those offered in the main restaurant and there were one or two additional pasta dishes offered. This restaurant was self service just like the main restaurant.
The water park was great as was the pool.
There was nothing at all in the area regarding bars or alternative restaurants.Obzo town was a disappointment unless you are looking for fake designer sports clothes or sunglasses.

Stayed: June 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank Ian W

Dear Ian W,

I would like to thank you for staying with us and taking the time to share your experience on TripAdvisor. I am glad to hear that you were pleased with the hotel and our staff, however, I am sorry to hear that you were not pleased with the Italian restaurant and the entertainment in the area.
I am sorry to hear that our hotel is not for you. Indeed, we are more oriented on providing quiet and relaxing holidays. However, if you are looking for a busier area with various bars and other entertainment establishments within easy reach, I would like to recommend you to visit Sol Nessebar Resort next time. It consists of three hotels of 4* (Bay and Mare) and 5* (Palace) categories. It also has a large aqua park and a variety of restaurants on site. It is not very far from the diversity of entertainment of Sunny Beach, but far enough to avoid all it’s noise and clamour.
I hope my recommendation will lead you to find all that you desire from a hotel and the vicinities on your holiday and that you will have a wonderful time at Sol Nessebar Resort.

Reviewed 17 June 2015

we stayed at this hotel for 12 days and i'd say they were fantastic. We traveled with 2 children (4 and 1,5year) and during all vacation biggest problem was were to have our coffee :) animation team works for guests, there are plenty of activities both for adults and kids. Food was good and different - we counted 10 -12 species of fruit every day. As for bad things: activities are just on day -no disco or smth similar for adults (there is a program every evening but if you want to move not just sit and watch, then nothing is suggested by hotel). More over, house keeping is not acurate,i'd say - during all holiday no vacuuming, no new sheets. But in total, i really would go there next time.

Room Tip: Rooms in new block are bigger and brighter.
  • Stayed: June 2015, travelled with family
2  Thank ausra d

Dear Ausra D,

I am delighted to hear that you and your family had a wonderful holiday with us. Although I am sorry to hear that the cleaning in your room was not up to standards. If you could write us a short e-mail to evgeniy.genov@lunabay.solmelia-bg.com with the room number and dates of your stay we will look into the situation and host additional staff training. With regards to the adults-oriented animation, we are exploring the options for more activities and entertainment options and have come up with a few interesting ideas that are being reviewed. So for example every second Friday in the high season we have our chill out beach party which is very well accepted by the adult guests.
We will be delighted to welcome you back and offer you an even better holiday experience.

Best wishes,

Reviewed 14 June 2015

I was first in the hotel Obzor on 5 June 2015, I was pleasantly surprised by the cleanliness and discipline in this resort.
The rooms are very spacious, we had one with partial sea view, very clean, towels changed and cleaning is done every day.
The table is very diverse, fresh products served very tasty, and the drinks at the hotel bar and beach bar are highly concentrated and diversified.
The staff is very helpful, from reception, waiters, janitors and cleaning staff, discipline and kindness German.
We strongly recommend this resort especially for families with children, guaranteed children will not get bored at all, have the means to fill their time, the animation is excellent and the water park near the hotel and a strength.
Note 10 .....

• Stayed: June 2015, travelled with family
10  Thank ciobanu_costel

Dear guest "Ciobanu_costel",

I would like to thank you for choosing to stay at our hotel and taking the time to write us a review in TripAdvisor. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed our hotel and level of service so much. It is really rewarding to hear such positive feedback. We hope to see you again soon and offer you another wonderful experience.