All reviews aqua park shuttle bus animation team cuban bar main restaurant for making our holiday three children the main lobby bar small water park self service indoor pool water slides sea view mini bar in the room great fun large hotel lifeguard on duty
Reviewed 18 June 2015

A very, very clean hotel. Outstanding housekeeping. Cleaness and hygiene are at the very top. I would like to say Thank you to our housekeeper Vanya. I was really feeling that someone is doing something just for me. Thank you for folding the blankets to look like a ribbon and putting my hair clip on it to finish the ribbon look. That always made me smile. Thank to Emo, the bartender, delicious cocktails, made with such a passion and enthusiasm. Thank to the bellboys that are giving that first impression and explaing the basics that the guest should know at the very beginning. Beautiful resort, beautiful beach, sand, large rooms, huge public areas, huge restaurants, bars, at your service personnel. What more should a person need for his brilliant vacation.

Room tip: Definitely a sea view. Big balconies, beautiful view.
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Kozludzhova
Evgeniy G, Deputy General Manager at Sol Luna Bay, responded to this reviewResponded 20 July 2015

Dear guest "Kozludzhanova",

Thank you so much for such warm and kind words. On behalf of the entire team of Sol Luna Bay I would like to thank you for choosing our hotel. I will make sure to pass on your thanks to our team and to Vanya and Emo in particular.
It will be our pleasure to welcome you back and provide you with another wonderful experience.

Reviewed 17 June 2015 via mobile

This was my first trip to Bulgaria and it was booked as a last minute break. The hotel was spotlessly clean and nothing was too much trouble for any staff member. The rooms were very nice and the bathroom was excellent. I would say the chairs on the room balcony were very flimsy but this is a minor point.
The restaurant was very clean but I would suggest the meals were more suited to the German and Russian guests. I was very disappointed with the Italian restaurant. The pizzas were no different to those offered in the main restaurant and there were one or two additional pasta dishes offered. This restaurant was self service just like the main restaurant.
The water park was great as was the pool.
There was nothing at all in the area regarding bars or alternative restaurants.Obzo town was a disappointment unless you are looking for fake designer sports clothes or sunglasses.

Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Ian W

Dear Ian W,

I would like to thank you for staying with us and taking the time to share your experience on TripAdvisor. I am glad to hear that you were pleased with the hotel and our staff, however, I am sorry to hear that you were not pleased with the Italian restaurant and the entertainment in the area.
I am sorry to hear that our hotel is not for you. Indeed, we are more oriented on providing quiet and relaxing holidays. However, if you are looking for a busier area with various bars and other entertainment establishments within easy reach, I would like to recommend you to visit Sol Nessebar Resort next time. It consists of three hotels of 4* (Bay and Mare) and 5* (Palace) categories. It also has a large aqua park and a variety of restaurants on site. It is not very far from the diversity of entertainment of Sunny Beach, but far enough to avoid all it’s noise and clamour.
I hope my recommendation will lead you to find all that you desire from a hotel and the vicinities on your holiday and that you will have a wonderful time at Sol Nessebar Resort.

Reviewed 17 June 2015

we stayed at this hotel for 12 days and i'd say they were fantastic. We traveled with 2 children (4 and 1,5year) and during all vacation biggest problem was were to have our coffee :) animation team works for guests, there are plenty of activities both for adults and kids. Food was good and different - we counted 10 -12 species of fruit every day. As for bad things: activities are just on day -no disco or smth similar for adults (there is a program every evening but if you want to move not just sit and watch, then nothing is suggested by hotel). More over, house keeping is not acurate,i'd say - during all holiday no vacuuming, no new sheets. But in total, i really would go there next time.

Room tip: Rooms in new block are bigger and brighter.
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank ausra d

Dear Ausra D,

I am delighted to hear that you and your family had a wonderful holiday with us. Although I am sorry to hear that the cleaning in your room was not up to standards. If you could write us a short e-mail to evgeniy.genov@lunabay.solmelia-bg.com with the room number and dates of your stay we will look into the situation and host additional staff training. With regards to the adults-oriented animation, we are exploring the options for more activities and entertainment options and have come up with a few interesting ideas that are being reviewed. So for example every second Friday in the high season we have our chill out beach party which is very well accepted by the adult guests.
We will be delighted to welcome you back and offer you an even better holiday experience.

Best wishes,

Reviewed 14 June 2015

I was first in the hotel Obzor on 5 June 2015, I was pleasantly surprised by the cleanliness and discipline in this resort.
The rooms are very spacious, we had one with partial sea view, very clean, towels changed and cleaning is done every day.
The table is very diverse, fresh products served very tasty, and the drinks at the hotel bar and beach bar are highly concentrated and diversified.
The staff is very helpful, from reception, waiters, janitors and cleaning staff, discipline and kindness German.
We strongly recommend this resort especially for families with children, guaranteed children will not get bored at all, have the means to fill their time, the animation is excellent and the water park near the hotel and a strength.
Note 10 .....

• Trip type: Travelled with family
10  Thank ciobanu_costel

Dear guest "Ciobanu_costel",

I would like to thank you for choosing to stay at our hotel and taking the time to write us a review in TripAdvisor. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed our hotel and level of service so much. It is really rewarding to hear such positive feedback. We hope to see you again soon and offer you another wonderful experience.

Reviewed 14 June 2015 via mobile

My partner and I have just returned from a relaxing holiday here. We stayed for 10 days.
I'll be honest in my review!

Good points........
Almost everything
Hotel is well managed
Staff are helpful and friendly
Place is VERY clean
Our room was cleaned daily
It's on the beach
Beach is clean, lovely sand
Aqua park is free and fun
Food is tasty, with a wide selection daily
The walk to Obzor town is so nice (the beach way)
I was expecting the Bedrock Bar to be run down but it was like it had just been built, really nice, in fact the whole town centre was well kept.
We travelled at the end of May and the weather was perfect, in fact maybe a tad too hot.
I had 3 treatments at the spa, all 3 were fabulous.
The water temperature in the pool was fine, we went in almost everyday. The temp in the sea was a little colder but still ok. The water looks murky in the photos but once you're in it you can see to the bottom, it's clear.
We have good sun tans :D

Negative points:
The wine is watered down
The yogurt is watered down
We were there for 10 days, so near the end the food did get repetitive for us. But we ate out in Obzor town a couple of times and the food was lovely and very cheap; 2 mains and 2 drinks for £8.
The locals in Obzor town were quite pushy when selling their goods and there wasn't much to buy. There just seemed to be fake Adidas, Hugo Boss and Hollister in almost every store.
I felt perfectly safe in Obzor town with my partner but if I'm honest I would have felt a bit uneasy and intimidated walking alone.

Summary.....
You will be hard pushed to spend any money.
If we had have stayed for 2 weeks I think we would have been bored. I think 7 days in Obzor would be perfect.
All in all it was a lovely holiday, I would definitely recommend it to others. Truly relaxing, our batteries have definitely been recharged. Thank you to all the staff at the Sol Luna Bay :)

Note to restaurant staff: Please put a bowl with butter in next to the bread!

Date of stay: June 2015
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
3  Thank ripley1977

Dear guest "Ripley1977",

On behalf of the entire team of Sol Luna Bay I would like to thank you for choosing to stay with us and for your kind words. I’ll make sure to pass on your thanks to the whole team. We are so delighted to hear that you were so pleased with our hotel and services. I am sorry to hear the wine and yoghurt was not to your complete satisfaction, but I would like to assure you we do not water them down. However, we will explore alternatives. Regarding the butter - of course, it will be done.
Again, thank you for staying with us and for providing your feedback. It is always good to receive it in order to make our services even greater and more diverse.
We will be delighted to welcome you back and offer you an even more delightful holiday.

Warmest regards,