All reviews aqua park shuttle bus animation team cuban bar main restaurant for making our holiday three children the main lobby bar small water park self service indoor pool water slides sea view mini bar in the room great fun large hotel lifeguard on duty
Reviewed 14 June 2015

I was first in the hotel Obzor on 5 June 2015, I was pleasantly surprised by the cleanliness and discipline in this resort.
The rooms are very spacious, we had one with partial sea view, very clean, towels changed and cleaning is done every day.
The table is very diverse, fresh products served very tasty, and the drinks at the hotel bar and beach bar are highly concentrated and diversified.
The staff is very helpful, from reception, waiters, janitors and cleaning staff, discipline and kindness German.
We strongly recommend this resort especially for families with children, guaranteed children will not get bored at all, have the means to fill their time, the animation is excellent and the water park near the hotel and a strength.
Note 10 .....

• Trip type: Travelled with family
10  Thank ciobanu_costel
Evgeniy G, Deputy General Manager at Sol Luna Bay, responded to this reviewResponded 20 July 2015

Dear guest "Ciobanu_costel",

I would like to thank you for choosing to stay at our hotel and taking the time to write us a review in TripAdvisor. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed our hotel and level of service so much. It is really rewarding to hear such positive feedback. We hope to see you again soon and offer you another wonderful experience.

Yours sincerely,

Reviewed 14 June 2015 via mobile

My partner and I have just returned from a relaxing holiday here. We stayed for 10 days.
I'll be honest in my review!

Good points........
Almost everything
Hotel is well managed
Staff are helpful and friendly
Place is VERY clean
Our room was cleaned daily
It's on the beach
Beach is clean, lovely sand
Aqua park is free and fun
Food is tasty, with a wide selection daily
The walk to Obzor town is so nice (the beach way)
I was expecting the Bedrock Bar to be run down but it was like it had just been built, really nice, in fact the whole town centre was well kept.
We travelled at the end of May and the weather was perfect, in fact maybe a tad too hot.
I had 3 treatments at the spa, all 3 were fabulous.
The water temperature in the pool was fine, we went in almost everyday. The temp in the sea was a little colder but still ok. The water looks murky in the photos but once you're in it you can see to the bottom, it's clear.
We have good sun tans :D

Negative points:
The wine is watered down
The yogurt is watered down
We were there for 10 days, so near the end the food did get repetitive for us. But we ate out in Obzor town a couple of times and the food was lovely and very cheap; 2 mains and 2 drinks for £8.
The locals in Obzor town were quite pushy when selling their goods and there wasn't much to buy. There just seemed to be fake Adidas, Hugo Boss and Hollister in almost every store.
I felt perfectly safe in Obzor town with my partner but if I'm honest I would have felt a bit uneasy and intimidated walking alone.

Summary.....
You will be hard pushed to spend any money.
If we had have stayed for 2 weeks I think we would have been bored. I think 7 days in Obzor would be perfect.
All in all it was a lovely holiday, I would definitely recommend it to others. Truly relaxing, our batteries have definitely been recharged. Thank you to all the staff at the Sol Luna Bay :)

Note to restaurant staff: Please put a bowl with butter in next to the bread!

Date of stay: June 2015
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
3  Thank ripley1977

Dear guest "Ripley1977",

On behalf of the entire team of Sol Luna Bay I would like to thank you for choosing to stay with us and for your kind words. I’ll make sure to pass on your thanks to the whole team. We are so delighted to hear that you were so pleased with our hotel and services. I am sorry to hear the wine and yoghurt was not to your complete satisfaction, but I would like to assure you we do not water them down. However, we will explore alternatives. Regarding the butter - of course, it will be done.
Again, thank you for staying with us and for providing your feedback. It is always good to receive it in order to make our services even greater and more diverse.
We will be delighted to welcome you back and offer you an even more delightful holiday.

Reviewed 11 June 2015

My friend and I have just recently returned from holiday. The hotel is very very good for families but as two older ladies we found it too big and realise we should have done more research before we went. English people were in a very small minority (13) but the staff and animators/entertainers were very friendly and made us feel very welcome and that nothing was too much trouble. We were particularly well looked after by Nadya (I think she is the catering manager) and can't speak highly enough of her. She does a marvellous job in an extremely busy environment. We would certainly recommend the hotel to young families and younger people; there is always some sport or entertainment going on throughout the day and we enjoyed watching the activities but I think overall we would prefer a smaller hotel with. This hotel is, as others have said, very clean and well furnished but for us there wasn't enough quiet areas on an evening to sit and relax. Well done to all the staff, they are doing a marvellous job. Rene W and Sandra D ("the two English Ladies")

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
3  Thank Rene W

Dear Rene W,

I would like to thank you on behalf of the entire team of Sol Luna Bay for choosing our hotel and taking the time to comment us on TripAdvisor. We are very happy to know that you found our hotel and services very good. Of course I will pass on all your kind words to Nadya, she is doing a great job indeed, and to the entire animation team.
At the same time we are very sorry to hear that the size of our resort didn't match your expectations. Let me just recommend you our beach bar Paellador Levante, just across the river, where you can enjoy the evenings with sangria or a cocktail in a very quiet and cozy surrounding.

We will be delighted to welcome you soon again in our hotel.

Reviewed 10 June 2015

This Hotel really lives up to expectations, it is so clean it sparkles! The sandy beach is amazing, and a few paces from the pool, bar, etc. The pool is large and again, so clean, be aware there is no shallow end! The food was of very good quality and very varied, was not always served piping hot as dishes had no covers. Staff all very efficient, hard working and friendly. Vasil on reception and Alexs on Animation team especially good. We went with Thomas Cook, and paid extra for a sea view, were not disappointed, room on 5th floor,huge corner balcony, overlooking sea and river.
Seemed to be excellent facilities for children (we didn't have any with us!)
The village of Obzor is a 30 minute walk from the hotel, is small and relatively unspoilt. We did 2 trips through Thomas Cook, the first to Verna was excellent, the second to Nessebar and Sozepol was disappointing as there was no English Speaking Guide, we complained and got a 10 0/0 refund. This did not really compensate for the fact that we had no detailed information.

Room tip: High floor great, sea view, sun in the morning.
Date of stay: May 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
3  Thank JoyD238

Dear guest "JoyD238",

I am delighted to hear that you liked the hotel and the surroundings so much.
I would like to thank you for choosing our hotel. Your kind words will be passed on to Vasil and Alex. Indeed, there is plenty of entertainment for kids and our animation team is really great with them.
We hope to welcome you back in the future and make your stay another joyful experience.

Reviewed 6 June 2015

myself husband and 2 teenage children have just returned from hols at sol luna bay. loads to do, fab food,kids kept entertained, thanks to animation team.very clean beach and hotel. would love to go back next year.

Room tip: if you like the sea, book a family suit on the front. if you want the sun after six book a room at the back also quiter at the back
Date of stay: May 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Tracey C

Dear Tracey C,

We are very happy to hear that you were delighted with your stay.
On behalf of the entire team of Sol Luna Bay I would like to thank you for choosing us.
We will be delighted to welcome you back next year.