Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Booking.comUS$118
Hotels.comUS$106
PricelineUS$124
eDreamsUS$118
CheapTicketsUS$106
TravelocityUS$106
All reviews hummingbird feeders cloud forest hiking trails original canopy zip line humming birds costa rica night walk nature lovers night tour canopy walk extra blankets hotel grounds rooms are basic large bathroom stayed here for nights hanging bridges
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 February 2021 via mobile

We booked this for one night. It is in middle of the jungle. We wanted to have feel of the cloud forest and planned to see wildlife in the area. Unfortunately, it rained cats and dogs during our entrire stay.

Still, we did night tour and saw more birds than we saw during our other stays combined. The lodge consist of 16 seperate room structures. Rooms were cosy and had all the amenities. Just make sure to check windows before turning on lights since.being in middle of the forest has its disadvantages.

Night tour was.perfect mixture of excitement, fear and wonder (rain too). We saw Taranatula, waiting for a prey, a toucan sleeping under its wings and a lizard.

In the morning during our breakfast saw Toucans, Hummingbirds.

Overall, we loved our sray at the lodge. Definetly would recommend.

Date of stay: January 2021
1  Thank jayeshup
Gerencia CFL, Director General at Monteverde Cloud Forest Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 5 February 2021

Thank you very much for your comment, we are very happy to know that you enjoyed it, we hope that one day you can return

Reviewed 20 January 2021

We arrived in the evening to Monteverde- beautiful area high up in the mountains. Stayed in the primitive cabins with bathroom and lots of room - no tv. Had a delicious breakfast and got to see zip lining right across the lodge and the forest! This hotel has multiple hiking trails and provide night tour as well. Highly recommended.

Date of stay: January 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Gerencia CFL, Director General at Monteverde Cloud Forest Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 21 January 2021

Thank you very much for your visit and comment, we are glad to know that you had a good time, all the staff do appreciate it and we hope you will visit us again in the future

Reviewed 1 January 2021

I loved this place. I was amazed right when we drove up-- it sits literally at the intersection of the cloud forest ecosystem. There was a constant, amazing rain that descended from the mountains above and quickly faded once it hit the warmth of the hills below the lodge. A rare sight.

This hotel is straight-forward, comfortable, and slightly rural. I speak spanish fluently and everyone who works here was very kind, super hospitable, and very happy to be working again after this very hard year for tourism in Costa Rica.

The Monteverde region is chilly compared to most of Costa Rica-- bring a jacket and long pants. There's plenty of blankets on the beds and extra in the closet for sleeping warm and comfortably. This isn't the Ritz, but for lovers of nature and birding, it's a slice of Jurassic Park just for you.

Room tip: If you sleep lightly, you may wish to ask for a room NOT under the trees, since the rain can dump from tree limbs onto the metal roofs.
Date of stay: December 2020
Gerencia CFL, Director General at Monteverde Cloud Forest Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 2 January 2021

Hello, thank you `for your comment we are happy to know that you had a good time and really thank you very much for staying with us, as you say well cloud forest lodge, it is a simple hotel where we care about giving our guests the best of each one of us, we are a biological corridor which we take great care of, the ideal hotel for true nature lovers.

Wilberth Parajeles Villegas
Manager

Reviewed 24 December 2020 via mobile

Do yourself a favor and don’t bother with this place unless you’re looking for a rough cabin in the woods. No heat, just a wood shack with rough beds and little else. The beds are not inviting and not a place I wanted to sleep. I tried to get my prepayment for 3 nights immediately ($385 for 3 nights) but the owner refused. I ended up getting another place ( a real hotel) at additional cost. Don’t make the same mistake I did - I certainly didn’t save money booking this one.

Date of stay: December 2020
Trip type: Travelled with family
Gerencia CFL, Director General at Monteverde Cloud Forest Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 25 December 2020

Tipos de traducción
Traducción de texto
Texto original
1221 / 5000
Resultados de traducción
Your comment is very regrettable, since from the moment you arrived at the reception you were a bit upset, we gave you all the information, they gave you the key and they went to your room, a few minutes later I received a call at the Which one informs me that he is not comfortable, I went to his room, I asked him what the problem was and you told me that everything with the hotel was fine and that you expected a higher standard, I replied that I was sorry for that, but that we were giving you what we offer, that at no time would we give you something different from what is on the internet pages, I told you that if there was anything we could do to make your stay enjoyable, tell us, you She replied that she was going to talk with her family, a few minutes later her husband returned to the reception, left the key and told us that he was really sorry, that he liked the hotel and that everything was fine, but that they were going to leave. I said that unfortunately n or we could return the money, as it was not a problem with the hotel. You are right to say that we are a simple and humble hotel, but we always give the best to our guests and we are very responsible.
Wilberth Parajeles Villegas.
Gerente

Reviewed 26 August 2020

This lodge is a great place to rest and enjoy the time with your loved ones. The hospitality is incredible, you truly feel like home. The staff is great they truly care to make you feel comfortable, thank you!

Date of stay: August 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Gerencia CFL, Director General at Monteverde Cloud Forest Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 26 August 2020

Thank you very much for your words, it is very good to know that we achieved our goal and above all that people value our work and dedication, really thank you very much and here we are waiting for you again.