“Excellent food. Friendly atmosphere”
Review of Soda La Amistad

Soda La Amistad
Ranked #11 of 52 Restaurants in Santa Elena
Price range: US$3 - US$6
Cuisines: Costa Rican, Fast food
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: The best traditional and typical. Fast food: Veggie burgers and fries, hamburgers with meat, chicken sandwich, meat, cheese and ham, Nachos and more. Casado with Chicken, Bistek, meat sauce, fish. Spaghetti with meat and garlic bread and spaghetti with vegetables and garlic bread. Shrimp with garlic and fish with garlic and served with rice SALAD. There are also more delicious meals and breakfast with gallo pinto juevo, ham, meat. Omelettes with ham and cheese. Pancakes with strawberry, banana and pineapple. House Specia: Rice mixed (cantones) with Salad. Jam and more delicious food.
Reviewed 9 February 2018 via mobile

Excellent food, outsourcing the chicken. I had arroz con pollo. Very delicious. I had two cups of coffee and a slice of cake for $7. So not be worried by the outside. The soda (family restaurant) is spotless inside. Great place to eat real Costa Rican food.

Date of visit: February 2018

Reviewed 7 February 2018

When it was time for supper, it was raining and the wind had picked up. So instead of walking a good distance to a preplanned restaurant, my wife and I choose to go to Soda La Armistad, which was only a few steps next to our hotel. This restaurant felt like a genuine Costa Rica experience! Soda La Armistad is a small family run restaurant and it turned out to be the perfect place to go on a rainy night. My wife and both had the typical “casado” meal which was wonderful!. We enjoyed it so much that we returned the next day for more!

Reviewed 31 January 2018 via mobile

Try the casados. Very yummy and good price. Situated on s small street away from the main drag. Owner only speaks Spanish. It is fun to practice your Spanish if you know a few words.

Date of visit: February 2018
Reviewed 28 January 2018 via mobile

Good food, pleasant vibe. We ate here twice during our three-day stay. The price is right, the atmosphere friendly, and it’s a local family-run spot for typical Costa Rican food. I had the Sopa de polla the first night, as I was recovering from a touch of an upset stomach. It was perfect. My husband had the pork Casado, which was plentiful and good. The second night I had the chicken fajitas, and he had the fish (my guess is tilapia) Casado. Both fine. They offer a few selections of beer and wine in addition to non-alcoholic beverages including smoothies and pop.

They also bring you a tiny portion of dessert with your meal.

Reviewed 24 January 2018 via mobile

We both got the bistec (beef/steak) different ways and they were thin and very dry rubbery. The worst bistec I have had in Costa Rica.