“Fantastic food & friendly owner!”
Review of The Open Kitchen

The Open Kitchen
Ranked #17 of 52 Restaurants in Santa Elena
Price range: US$10 - US$15
Description: The Open Kitchen is located at the heart of Santa Elena / Monteverde and offers a variety of fresh / farm to table dishes such as: Couscous, Falafel, Sahwarma, Hamburger, Fish and Chips, Hummus, Kebab as long as many Vegi options. At the restaurant tickets are offered to different activities in the area (Zip lines, Coffee and Night Tour etc').
Reviewed 21 November 2017 via mobile

Definitely recommend this place. The shawarma and shakshuka were just amazing. Warm middle-eastern hospitality. Owner is a friendly Israeli man.

Reviewed 11 November 2017 via mobile

We decided to try lunch while stopping in Monteverde. The owner was so nice and the food was definitely one of the best we've had so far on our trip to Costa Rica! We had the fish and chips and cevichi. Definitely stop by if you are in the area.

Reviewed 10 November 2017 via mobile

I chose a beautifully presented ceviche and since I couldn’t decide between prawns or fish I asked if I could have a mix - they very kindly agreed!! So I had the best of both.

I was delighted to find my food sitting on a bed of rocket (arugula) the first I’ve seen in 2 months of travelling in Latin America and dressed with a very subtle dressing of lime juice , hints of chili and something else, accompanied with some local crisp bread and it was all delicious and not too expensive as prices here go.

Since the new menu looks very appetising with some middle eastern touches, i asked for a sample of their tsatsiki which was yummy but lack of time prevented me from going back for more.

It’s located v conveniently on the main touristy road but at one end slightly off the main route for tourists so it’s not as well visited as it deserves to be.

It’s sister restaurant the Tap House where I had a very tasty shwarma alerted me to this modern looking stylish restaurant The Open Kitchen) which is offering welcome alternatives to the standard menus you get in other places.

Reviewed 6 November 2017 via mobile

We were looking for some breakfast and the owner opened up his doors to us. Great looking, nice view and a smiling owner had us already won over. Made us some of the greatest coffee we have had, had a chat with us and gave us tips and suggestions for our trip. The food was so good and affordable. If you are going to Santa Elena this is the place to stop by!

Reviewed 22 October 2017 via mobile

On my visit to Santa Helena I was looking for a nice restaurant and found myself in “The open kitchen”. The place was amazing and the food was fantastic!
The menu contains a lot of dishes from all over the world. I definitely suggest you to try the wonderful Falafel and the Yukka fries.
The staff was great and the owner Uriel welcomes each person and explains about the restaurant and the area with enthusiasm.
The best restaurant in town for sure!!