All reviews juan carlos birding tour scarlet macaws costa rica pura vida expeditions guide nick continental breakfast yogurt los delfines staff were exceptional guests staying watch the sunrise low key rest and relaxation small village own fault fresh flowers
Reviewed 21 July 2018 via mobile

There’s is no way I can possibly explain how wonderful this resort and staff truly are, but I will do my best!
My fiancée used to live in Tambor and was very familiar with this gorgeous resort. From the moment I saw pictures of the grounds, I knew we were booking our wedding here. Once the planning started Juan Carlos was more than delightful and attentive to any need and question we had. We had 30+ people traveling from The US to accommodate and every single one of the we’re in awe when we arrived. Juan Carlos and staff welcomed everyone with open arms and no hesitation in helping us with what ever we needed. Including the night time security that helped a friend that couldn’t remember where his room was the first night! Every single morning we woke up to the beauty of macaws flying and waves crashing outside of our rooms. We enjoyed continental breakfast with amazing fruit and fresh squeezed OJ, with a delicious breakfast menu we could order from. Every day as we left for excursions and sight seeing the grounds were being maintained, you could tell it was an art to the workers. Everyday the staff asked how our trip was and made sure to ask if we needed anything. Those that ordered dinner said it was excellent and nothing like the food they were used to. Christina and Fatima were the most amazing and helpful! They even helped us learn words in Spanish we didn’t know! They kept up
With 30+ people and bar tabs for 5 days, I can’t thank them enough for the amazing hospitality!
The wedding day completely blew me away. When I woke up I could See the staff setting up the altar, and the tears started! It was more beautiful than I could ever imagined my wedding looking! The day went on and it got even prettier than the last time I had looked. They had fresh flowers that were ordered from all over town, along with bamboo my mom saw them cut the day before. I’m not kidding when I say I never could have imagined this, being for me! They truly put their hearts into making this perfect!! The staff had all of the chairs setup on the beach for our guests and they were just as amazed! After the ceremony they had their Signature CocoLoco for all of my wedding guests, served in real coconuts! Once food was served, all I heard about was the ceviche! Then the real meal came! Which was even better! Chicken, potatoes and vegetables, all cooked to perfection. We danced and drank and had the best of time! Even got some of the staff on the dance floor!!
Needless to say, this will be something I nor my guests, will EVER forget! Like told Juan Carlos 100 times, this was more than I could have ever dreamed of. We will be back every time we visit Tambor!!

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank cnslone90
CruiserII, General Manager at Tambor Tropical Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2018

Thank you, thank you. What a beautiful, heartfelt review!. We are honored that got to participate on such important / amazing day. We look forward to your visits, send our warmest regards to your entire family. Gracias!!

Reviewed 15 May 2018

We discovered this place two years when we stopped in twice for lunch. When deciding to go back to the Nicoya Peninsula, I knew this would be the place we would stay and we were NOT disappointed. We didn't want to leave. The rooms are spacious, clean and have fabulous views and amazing sunrises. The staff and the GM, Juan Carlos, were all very friendly and welcoming. If you don't leave this place totally relaxed, it's you own fault. We were able to book some activities right from the hotel grounds which was very convenient even though we had a car. The restaurant is very good. The fish burgers are amazing! Even if you don't stay at the hotel...go for lunch or dinner for the food, great service and beautiful views. I highly recommend this hotel & restaurant!

Date of stay: May 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank kalabundy
CruiserII, General Manager at Tambor Tropical Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 16 May 2018

Muchas gracias! Thanks for coming back and we hope for another visit. You've captured the essence of this wonderful place. We appreciate your kind review and wish you the best.

Reviewed 30 April 2018

I recently spent a week at this resort. If you want a very nice relaxing place, look no further. The rooms are very nice and the grounds are gorgeous. The beach is very nice and the waves were great. We walked over 50 miles during our six days. Tambor is a great little town. Looking forward to returning one day.

Date of stay: April 2018
CruiserII, General Manager at Tambor Tropical Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 1 May 2018

Thanks for your recent visit. It's great that you enjoyed the multiple hiking trails available. We look forward to your return. Gracias!!!

Reviewed 20 April 2018 via mobile

I’ve traveled to a number of tropical destinations in my time, and find this resort constitutes the best of what I’ve experienced to date. Set mere yards from a wonderful beach, Tambor Tropical does all the things you’d hope for from such a place in a very low key and professional manner.

Our food and room were top notch and we’ll conceived. The layout of the resort is nicely done. The staff all very helpful.

If I ever come back to this area I’ll definitely consider staying here again.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
CruiserII, General Manager at Tambor Tropical Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 21 April 2018

Wow! Thanks for this very kind review that captures the essence of this wonderful bay and place. We hope you do come back! GRACIAS!!!

Reviewed 13 April 2018 via mobile

Best place to stay in Tambor!

Had an amazing stay at Tambor Tropical! Beach is literally a stones throw away, perfectly located in between 2 national Parks Cabo Blanco and Curu each well worth a visit.

Food was delicious. Room was incredible, sea views, absolutely huge suite with balcony, kitchen, sofas could almost get lost in it!

Definitely opt for the first floor rooms with Balcony if you have a choice

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
CruiserII, General Manager at Tambor Tropical Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 14 April 2018

Hola and thanks for this nice review that well captures the essence of Tambor Tropical. We are blessed to be located in such a beautiful bay full of amazing nature and spectacular views. Again thanks for sharing your experience and we look forward to a return visit. Pura vida!!!