Lowest prices for your stay
Hotels.com
US$250
View deal
Free cancellation until 20/06/21
Reserve now, pay at stay
Destinia.com
Expedia.comUS$240
Orbitz.comUS$240
TravelocityUS$240
1,030 results
All reviews tiki suite the owner beach front tropical suite costa rica golf course swim up bar private beach sound of the waves san jose horse riding main restaurant view of the ocean nearest town boat ride pura vida wet bar
Selected filters
Reviewed 10 January 2021

THE POSSITIVE.
We were greeted with a delicious welcoming drink. The location is amazing. The beach was absolutely a paradise!!!! Absolutely breathtaking! The room, although a bit outdated, was very comfortable. The shower had a low faucet to rinse our feet, very convenient, and there was also a retractable line to hang wet clothes. Our room had a huge oceanfront terrace with glass railing. It felt like our own little private roof top. At the entrance to our building, there was an outdoor shower and a low faucet to rinse the sand off our feet. The staff is very polite and friendly.

THE NEGATIVE.I am taking two stars off, just because of the extremely frustrating Wi-Fi set up they have there. You must log in to a website, enter your room number + a 3 letter code and a passcode EACH TIME you move about the hotel, and gets interrupted frequently. It was like the dial-up days all over again. If Wi-Fi is not as important to you, then ignore this note. If you work remotely, don't go to this hotel.

Date of stay: December 2020
Hilde Cloet, General Manager at Tango Mar Beachfront Boutique Hotel & Villas, responded to this reviewResponded 11 January 2021

Dear Roamifiwant2,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us and bringing the wifi deficiency to our attention. Summer volume brought an unprecedented usage and slowed down internet connectivity. We are working (as we speak) on boosting the bandwidth and performance of our wifi by adding nodes and changing their placement, and should see improved quality very soon. I can certainly appreciate how frustrating it can be to not be able to connect quickly and consistently.
I am happy to hear you enjoyed Tango Mar and look forward to offering an improved internet experience should you stay with us again. Please feel free to contact me directly when booking your next visit and I will look after your booking personally.

Pura vida!

Reviewed 26 December 2020

My husband and I visited Tango Mar in July of 2019 and we have not stopped talking about it since! I will admit, the tiny plane we had to take from San Jose to get there was a little scary at first, but well worth it once we arrived at Tango Mar.

We were treated phenomenally from the moment we arrived at the small airport to the moment we left. We were greeted upon our arrival at Tango Mar with a refreshing tropical drink and Hilda, the owner. We cannot say enough kind words and praise for Hilda and her entire staff at Tango Mar. My husband and I have never felt so welcome and like we were family on any other trip we have taken. Hilda and her staff truly take pride in what they do and making sure every guest feels welcome.

We loved our room which was in the Deluxe Beach Front as we could hear the waves crashing from the comfort of our bed. The room was clean with a big bathroom making it easy for my blind husband to navigate. I also enjoyed the balcony and looking out at the ocean and watching nature.

I had thought I would be upset not being able to go in the ocean due to the strong currents, but we truly loved walking the beach each day, dipping our toes in the water and just exploring the big stretch of private beach. And having the swimming pools and swim up bar right there next to the beach was perfect! And the drinks were absolutely amazing as were the bartenders.

My husband and I thought the food was delicious and didn't mind one bit that we ate every meal either at the poolside restaurant or the main restaurant. I have read some reviews complaining about the price of food here, but honestly, we were thrilled with the pricing and the quality.

I cannot say enough great things about our overall experience at Tango Mar. From the staff, the food, the tropical atmosphere, to the tours we took right from the hotel...everything was just amazing and we left this vacation feeling completely relaxed and rejuvenated! We cannot wait for life to get back to normal so we can visit Tango Mar and our friends there again!

Date of stay: July 2020
Hilde Cloet, General Manager at Tango Mar Beachfront Boutique Hotel & Villas, responded to this reviewResponded 29 December 2020

Dear lwig1099,

We are delighted to hear that you received such wonderful service while with us and found that all details were tended to during your stay.

We thrive off of reviews such as yours and it is our guests that keep our brand what it is today. We will make sure to share it with the entire hotel team.

We do hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back again soon.

Pura Vida!

Reviewed 23 November 2020

The hotel is nice, in great condition, the decor and rooms are a little dated but nice enough so it's not an issue, the gardens and the property are super nice and it feels like a paradise, The ocean is not suitable for swimming, it has strong currents but the hotel is just in the ocean so that's wonderful.

We stayed at the Beach Front rooms, you can't be closer to the ocean than that!

The service was really friendly but really slow, and the food is overpriced (about $17 for a simple pasta dish up to $40 for a seafood plate), a really simple menu and a super average taste and presentation. Also, the property is a little secluded so if you want to go out you have to drive about 45 min each way.

The owner is a nice Belgian, she is really nice and was trying to make our stay great.

If they change the food quality (without changing the prices) and improve the service times it will be an amazing place to stay. Also, I would think about changing the soap in the rooms, it's really strong and has a not so good smell.

Date of stay: November 2020
3  Thank iledav
Hilde Cloet, General Manager at Tango Mar Beachfront Boutique Hotel & Villas, responded to this reviewResponded 22 December 2020

Dear Iledav,

Thanks for selecting Tango Mar Beach Hotel as your vacation destination in Costa Rica.
We are happy to read that you enjoyed the accommodations, the property, our facilities and our servicies.

We greatly appreciate you spending the time to write this review and regret that your experience has not been entirely satisfactory.
We are always trying to keep the hotel in optimal conditions for our grateful customers. The issues in wich you have discussed will be promptly addresed.
We are glad you have enjoyed your time with us, we look forward to having you here with us again.

Sunny regards!

Reviewed 27 August 2020

Beautiful rooms that make you feel like you are literally "above" the ocean, wide beaches with hammocks and ranchos, amazing pool that contains three smaller pools, swim-up bar and Jacuzzi-like section with jets. Restaurant with fine-dining and Spa. The sense of arrival is also quite stunning as they have private horse stables, ranch and well manicured 9 hole golf course. How I haven't visited this gem sooner is a mystery to me LOL. This price is an amazing value and the wonderful and attentive staff is very strict with Covid19 protocols -we felt very safe. We were with our 12 year old girl and she did not want to leave. If you are in Guanacaste I can't recommend this place enough! Tips - the rooms right on the ocean are the best - request a coffee maker. Restaurant is pricey but good and the current special they have makes dining on site more affordable. Service in restaurants and poolside is outstanding. The Owner is from Belgium and she is very attentive and eager talk with with guests at dinner - she was so nice and humble in fact we didn't realize she was the owner ;) . 100% Pura Vida

Date of stay: August 2020
2  Thank WillBInCostaRica
Hilde Cloet, Owner at Tango Mar Beachfront Boutique Hotel & Villas, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2020

Thanks a lot for your beautiful and nice comments ! I am very happy to read that ! Yes I have very good emplyes and everybody here are trying to make our guests to be happy and enjoy their holidays ! Thanks thanks thanks and hope you can visit us again
and thanks for recomending our hotel to your famely and friends. Very warm and sunny greetings from our little paradise on earht Tango Mar ! Hilde

Reviewed 4 August 2020

We had a fantastic stay at Tango Mar. What a great find ! Great service, very good food and al fresco dining (what else did you expect from a Belgian owner !), large and clean rooms, good recommendations for day trips (the hike in Curu wildlife reserve was really beautiful with a lot of wildlife all around), good surfing closeby in Santa Teresa, a very beautiful waterfall that drops into the sea at sunset, a nice beach in front of the hotel; and overall a very relaxing atmosphere in the hotel. We also enjoyed the drive through Nicoya peninsula to get there. We hope to be back !

Date of stay: December 2019

Thanks for your beautiful and nice revue ! We our doing our best to make our clients happy ! Yes we have a good kitchen and around Tango Mar and also in our property their are so many things to do ! Very warm and sunny greetings from our little paradise on earth Tango Mar and hope to see you back one day ! Thanks for making publicity to your famely and friends. !
Hilde