All reviews costa rica nicoya peninsula sized bed hamburger wonderful stay each morning air conditioning judy paradise montezuma arbol relaxation howlers nature
Reviewed 2 March 2018

As I traveled through Costa Rica via bicycle, I had my wife book me a room in Tambor. I had no idea that she got me this wonderful stay! My first interaction with Judy was on the phone, as my GPS was giving me bad directions. She had me laughing immediately! Then as I rode in on my bike, I was greeted with two ice cold beers and two ice cold sodas, followed by a freshly made hamburger, salad, and fries. It was a great little spot and I actually had the entire place to myself! Breakfast the next morning was exactly what I needed before heading off on my bike again. Our next trip to CR will definitely include a stay with Judy again!

Date of stay: February 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 15 February 2018

I just wanted to share some thoughts regarding Vista Hermosa and its wonderful owner, Judy.
My wife (Jayne) and I spent 5 days at this lovely accommodation in the Arbol Solitario room, with a very large comfortable bed, quiet air conditioning, en suite and immediate access to the swimming pool. But, it was the service and care offered by Judy that really helps to set this B&B experience above so many others.
Background: We arrrived in Tambor expecting to be flying out 5 days later on Nature Air; the only trouble was that the airline had been grounded following a fatal crash on 31st December 2017 (airline website still taking bookings); within a few hours Judy had personally (a) organised replacement flights on Sansa, and (b) arranged a full refund through Nature Air. In addition to this, Judy was happy to arrange car hire for us, and introduced us to many of her friends during our stay. This really was the most enjoyable part of a wonderful 3 weeks in Costa Rica, and if you are ever considering time in the Southern Nicoya I can sincerely recommend Vista Hermosa.

Date of stay: February 2018
Judy B, Owner at Vista Hermosa Boutique Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 16 February 2018

I miss you already! Thank you so much. Judy, Oreo & Brako

Reviewed 23 January 2018

Five star service!! 5 star ⭐️ menu ! The place is just gorgeous. Our room was huge and very spacious. WiFi outstanding, air conditioning, a tv , big bathroom with with wonderful hot water. Judy is a class act pays attention to every detail . Her staff was so professional so sweet and kind ! The pool was just wonderful! We met such a great friend in Judy so available and helpful. Especially if you are considering to move to the Island she answered all of our questions. Now let’s discuss the menu outstanding/ our breakfast was the best part of waking up!! A different breakfast every morning! Just delicious. Not to mention we are up early 7 the moment we sat down a hot kraft of the best coffe!! Special Special Host who cares about you! We were just so comfortable !!!

Date of stay: January 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 15 December 2017

My wife and I enjoyed a 2-night stay at Vista Hermosa B&B, but I'm sure we could have spent much more time there because it was absolutely wonderful.

Judy is a fantastic host and her staff (Fiona, Alady, and others) are the best! They're there to do their best to help YOU enjoy your stay in the paradise that is Costa Rica, especially the little slice of heaven that is the area of Tambor on the Nicoya Peninsula. This isn't some giant hotel, so don't have expectations that coincide with that thought, but also realize this is a lovingly-run Bed & Breakfast, which means you'll be personally looked after.

There are three rooms, a pool, and a restaurant w/ bar area! You're also not far at all from Playa Tambor, Montezuma/Cobano, the Paquera ferry crossing, or outings to Isla Tortuga. Their little pup, Oreo, is also the cutest dog around.

We don't regret anything about our stay, except it maybe not being longer!

Date of stay: December 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 20 May 2017

Another great evening at Villa Hermosa! Good company, great drinks and delicious food, what more could you ask for?!
Thank you Judy, Jason, Aledy and Bracko, of course, for a really nice time and a great dinner!
Looking forward to the next time

Date of stay: May 2017
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Judy B, Owner at Vista Hermosa Boutique Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 21 May 2017

We ALL want to say a big Thank You for your kind words!