“Best of my 3 massages!”
Review of The Sanctuary Spa

The Sanctuary Spa
More attraction details
Owner description: A massage spa offering relaxing treatments e.g. Swedish massage, Ayurvedic massage, Face massage, Shirodara treatment, Herbal steam bath etc set in a tranquil lush tropical garden down a small lane off the beach road. Booking is essential - Please book with Ranga +94 (0) 77 307 8583 to avoid disappointment.
Reviewed 30 October 2016 via mobile

I've now had three massages in three days and this one was hands down the best one. The spa is just off a "busy" street but you're transported to an oasis as you walk down the path to the back of the buildings.

I was served a king coconut water after the treatment, which was just the icing on he cake!

3  Thank Mareena K

Reviewed 29 October 2016 via mobile

I've had a lot of massages! Carrying children and a large handbag doesn't help BUT the Sanctuary Spa is the only place I've been to that actually works through your problem areas and focuses on where you need it versus giving your tough spots a quick rub and moving on. Their deep tissue pressure was spot on! The team are truly wonderful there and every time I go I feel super relaxed and recharged. An absolute MUST if you're in the area.

3  Thank Pippa S
Reviewed 29 October 2016 via mobile

Maybe it was the humidity that made my experience just about ok.

I entered a nice garden area, where the reception desk is situated, and was accompanied by the masseuse to the first floor to the treatment room.

The massage itself was good but given that the treatment rooms are not air conditioned and the day was very humid I was unable to relax and enjoy my treatment.

Another downside was the bathroom, which is right next to the reception desk and is no more than a small section with a rickety separation panel.

I paid RS4,800 for a 90 min deep tissue massage, about USD 35, which is great value.

Reviewed 18 October 2016

I had two massages here and after the first one my massuse remarked on my sore arm and asked me to come back the next day for a 15 minute treatment which I did tentatively - however although it was sore it felt so much better when she had finished(she would not charge me for this) and I went back some days later and did both the massage and treatment again - my arm was substantially better after this second treatment. The massages were great too - so thank you very much.

2  Thank flemingHawkesBay
Reviewed 16 October 2016 via mobile

There are a lot of different spa's in unawatuna. But there is none like the sanctuary spa! Very friendly people! Great place! And most important; they know what they are doing. These people are professionals!

2  Thank Anke O