Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Priceline
StayForLong
eDreams
All reviews seafood unawatuna beach sri lanka triple room curry small pool sunbeds colombo
Selected filters
Reviewed 16 February 2020

This beachside restaurant is among many others along the seafront in Unawatuna. They served a whole variety of food but the Sri Lankan rice and curry was delicious. The curry side dishes served with the main curry were excellent. The quantity of food was enormous. The service was very good and there was no time pressure when eating.

Date of stay: February 2020
Reviewed 30 January 2020

We only visited via the beach to the restaurant. The menu looked horribly westernised (pizza and pasta) but the fresh fish counter was its salvation in terms of taste and value.
This is a buzzy beach so be prepared for music.

1  Thank Richard C
Reviewed 21 January 2020

This is my second time to Sri Lanka and my second time at the Tartaruga. Great location and great rooms. Food is delicious. Love the pool. Even though I prefer and spend more time in the ocean, the pool is my go to after I'm ready to be out of the sand. The staff that work there are amazingly friendly. I really enjoyed my stay and will definitely stay there again when I return.

Room tip: I like the units out on the beach, but the rooms in the hotel might be nicer?
2  Thank dgould944
Reviewed 12 January 2020 via mobile

Very animated hotel, in bad sense.... a lot of staff but zero service. They care only about move bottles, make a lot of noise at 7Am until 00:00, clean garden and again MAKE A NOISE.
If you have a room next to resto -you are become a part of their preparations!!!
You are obliged to have a breakfast upstairs in resto without view and no fresh air. Food has ZERO taste and as result you have NO breakfast.
If you want your espresso, they don’t know how to do it, cook from breakfast has to leave his post (normally he does eggs staff, omelets, gaufres (which are burned because he went away for you coffee).
Rooms are very dark and you care hear you neighbors, works around... plus smell in bathroom, horrible, like in public toilette. As “beautiful present “ in the morning in bathroom you see 2 body’s of cockroach, they nicely take place next to you.:(((((

I would prefer to to pay same price for small and cozy hotel next door, such a mistake to book this hotel

Worse it’s when you are saying that we going to write comments at Booking.com, google ect. they DONT CARE, smiling in your face and saying, not a problem for us.
Is it service for tourist ? I think it’s more that WE ARE working for them, to bring our money.

Date of stay: January 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 January 2020

The staff were very attentive especially Milan and the other guys at the bar. Great food and fish curry. Rooms are stylish and clean. Great central location and the beach and water are very clean. Will definitely be back.

Trip type: Travelled solo