1,025 results
All reviews the penthouse sister hotel seafood sri lanka superior room sea view tuna fresh fish first floor stayed for nights the ground floor lovely room special thanks prawns four poster bed curry indian ocean
Reviewed 6 December 2016

6 of us were here for a weeks diving and picked what we felt was the best hotel on the beach and having now been there for a week, we were right.

Head and shoulders above anything else (apart from the Pavilion and Retreat all part of the same group but not on the beach)

We had the 2 penthouses and a 1st floor ocean view room, the Penthouses are worth the extra as they have fantastic views and are above the hub bub of the restaurant on the beach. Not that we were disturbed that much on the 1 st floor, the ground floor rooms literally open in to the bar.

The fact that the restaurant was full every night, when nothing else was highlighted that it was clearly the best place on the beach to eat, We were here for a week and had most things all of which were freshly sourced and prepared.

If you want a good hotel and are willing to pay for it in Unawatuna this is the place.

There are limited sun beds and this is a bit of an issue and the towel situation is we understand about to improve, other wise do what we did and raid the store room on the 1st floor and hoard them !

Room Tip: Penthouse or Ocean View, Benefit from a balcony and the breeze
  • Stayed: November 2016, travelled with friends
Thaproban, Front Office Manager at Thaproban Beach House, responded to this reviewResponded 8 December 2016

Dear Guest,
Thank you for recommending Thaproban Beach House, Unawatuna and for sharing your kind thoughts with us.
We are so happy to hear that we were able to delight you with our hospitality and services and provide you with an enjoyable stay at the hotel.
Glad to hear that our service associates the Thaproban team took great care of you during your stay with us.
Glad to know that you relished the culinary delights at our all day dining restaurant - Thaproban on the beach with fresh seafood "catch of the day"and enjoyed the Sea food served and from the menu too.
also unique Thambapanni Leisure Hotels proved real Ayurveda treatments at their sister two Hotels which is closer by.
Your generous comments have been shared with the entire team and we hope to see you again sometime soon.

Kind regards,
Front Office Manager

Reviewed 4 December 2016

We stayed here for 1 night and wish we could have stayed for longer. Amazing hotel, superb location-bang on the beach and very warm host. Another USP of the property is the lip smacking food at the restaurant- must try!!

To sum it up..thumbs up to Thaproban Beach house and a big shout to all you folks who are looking at stay options in Unawatuna...just book this place and enjoy!!

Stayed: November 2016

Dear Neha,
We thank you for choosing our Thaproban beach house for your stay in Unawatuna. We are grateful that you took out the time to review our hotel.
It is our constant endeavor to provide you best of the services while you stay in Thaproban as our guest's satisfaction is our main priority.
We would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your collaboration and we hope to see you again soon at our hotel.
Kind Regards
Front Office Manager

Reviewed 30 November 2016 via mobile

This was our first destination of the trip and we are super glad to say that our stay couldn't have been any better than it was here at Thaproban beach house. The rooms are very spacious and cozy with right amount of amenities. The beach front location of the hotel makes it a best place to relax and unwind yourself.
The food is excellent and the hotel staff is super friendly and cooperative.
We would highly recommend this place for beach and food lovers.

Stayed: November 2016, travelled as a couple
Thaproban, Front Office Manager at Thaproban Beach House, responded to this reviewResponded 4 December 2016

Dear Ruhi,
Thank you for choosing Thaproban Beach House for your recent visit and taking the trouble of sharing your experiences at our resort.
We are delighted to note that you were extremely happy with the resort’s services and products and had memorable stay. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed the food and services .
Thank you ... Our staff members, who always go for an extra mile to please the Guest and fulfil their needs .
Thank you once again for your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back to our resort soon.
Regards..

Reviewed 27 November 2016

I had the great pleasure of staying here for my birthday and it was a fantastic experience. The hotel is really well located with lovely rooms and beach restaurant. The hotel staff were amazing and really went above & beyond to make sure I had a great stay. They specially decorated my room and then my table in the evening and everyone wished me a happy birthday. I really felt special and had the best hotel birthday ever.

The hotel staff were also incredibly accommodating with my dietary requirements too. Being gluten free can be a huge pain when traveling but at the Thaproban Beach House they always made sure what I ordered was gluten free and if not then they made me the dish just for me without gluten - for example on my birthday they made me a gluten free curry. All the food was fantastic including breakfast - some of the best omelette's I have had.

Finally what I loved about this hotel was how they looked after a local little stray dog called Joannie. She was adorable and it really made my holiday to have this little darling greet me every morning when I came to the beach and it was lovely to see how well cared for she was.

It is not the most luxurious hotel I have stayed in but it was beautiful, clean and nicely set up, and with the best hotel staff and management, my experience here was far better than in some more expensive hotels I have stayed in. I am already looking to book my next trip back and I would certainly rank this hotel as one of my all time favourites.

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled with friends
Thaproban, Front Office Manager at Thaproban Beach House, responded to this reviewResponded 28 November 2016

Dear Don,
We are truly delighted to hear from your encouraging feed back.
It gives us immense pleasure to hear that we are able to satisfy you to the best of our ability and delight you with our hospitality and services.
But the beach environment at Unawatuna been change and also now we are make a fantastic wide with more facilitate beach for relaxing to the guest who have come to the Una,.
Pleased that you appreciated our staff's responsiveness and loved the choice of food spreads at our all day dining restaurant- Thaproban.
If given an opportunity we would love to welcome you again at Thaproban Beachouse .

Reviewed 19 November 2016 via mobile

Would highly recommend this hotel.

I spent the week here as my friend was booked into the hotel, and this was part of the chain of hotels I was staying in.

Firstly the staff were amazing.
They made a huge effort to help celebrate my friends birthday. They would always provide a lift back to the other hotel so didn't have to walk back at night in the dark. They were really friendly and focused on providing great customer service.

The wifi on the beach was free and strong enough to actually use.

The food was really great and usually the most popular place on the beach due to the high standards of food. They were able to provide gluten free options too.

Rooms were nice and clean and bathrooms fitted to high standard.

Would definitely return.

Stayed: November 2016
Thaproban, Front Office Manager at Thaproban Beach House, responded to this reviewResponded 20 November 2016

Dear sam,
We are truly delighted to hear from your encouraging feed back.
But the beach environment at Unawatuna not been change and also now we are make a fantastic wide with more facilitate beach for relaxing to the guest who have come to the Una,.