US$195
Orbitz.com
US$196
Orbitz.com
  • Pool
Bahari Pori Bandas(Pangani)(Great Value!)
US$70
US$137
  • Pool
Beach Crab Resort(Pangani)(Great Value!)
US$43
US$40
US$100
US$50
Sunrise Lodge(Pangani)
US$7
TripAdvisor
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsfishing tripperfect placecourse dinnerthe food is greathot waterboatzanzibarbeachlucytripswakesnorkelbungalowcoastlodge
Reviewed 17 August 2017

From the moment i entered Mike's Beach Cottages i knew i was going to have an amazing time. The beach was beautiful. The staff were very friendly, and the rooms were nice, spacious, and had AC. Room service is amazing as they clean your floors, bedsheets, and take care of the mosquito nets. Tanning, swimming, eating fresh seafood, playing pool, taking long walks on the beach, how could you go wrong? Mike is a very friendly man, and if you get a chance to go to Pangani, you need to stay here!

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 15 August 2017

We spent on night here, our bungalow was spacious and equipped with AC and mosquito nets. All the staff members were so welcoming and helpful throughout our whole stay and the manager Lucy was always checking up on us to see if there was anything we needed. When we weren't relaxing in the hammocks we were enjoying the beach for ourselves. We were also lucky enough to go on a fishing trip with Mike and in the evening they set up a dinner table for us right on the beach where we had the fish that we had caught. If you would like to fall asleep to the sea breeze and wake up right on the beach then Mike's Beach Cottages is definitely the perfect place!

Room Tip: All the cottages are a stone throw away from the beach!
  • Stayed: September 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 15 August 2017

An unforgettable week in Pangani at Mikes Fishing Lodge. Beautiful beach, accompanied by amazing seafood and friendly staff. Rooms are very nice as they are private and air-conditioned. Thank you Mike and the crew for an amazing week!

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 16 March 2017

I stayed at Mike's for 3 days and it was just amazing! Very nice rooms with aircondition, good prices, the most beautiful spot right on the beach. I am definitely going back! Mike is the best, takes very good care of his lodge and we enjoyed every moment with him. Don't miss out on going with Mike on his boat - fishing, snorkling, Zanzibar etc. It is wonderful! My friend and I stayed at a shared bedroom/dorm for 4-5 people as we were backpacking on the coast and the price was good. Food is included in the price (breakfast and a 3-course dinner) and it was the best food I ever had in Africa! Overall the best experience!

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 8 January 2017

I went there as a part of a trip along the coastline of Tanzania. Pangani town is a sleepy, little town where the colonial influence is just as visible as in towns like Tanga or Bagamoyo (I went there, too). Just, it is way less touristic. Pangani Beach is about 15 minutes away from town and for me it was how I actually had imagined Zanzibar to be like. I went there at the beginning of December and literally I had the whole beach for myself.
Staying at Mike's Beach Cottages made my Pangani visit a faultless experience. The service was great, the staff is very nice and welcoming and the food is awesome. Further, it is a well-led and affordable place which offers accomodation fitting right into the natural potential of the place.
If you are lucky, Mike might invite you to join him on a fishing and snorkeling trip.

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled solo
Mike F, Owner at Mike's Beach Cottages, responded to this reviewResponded 11 January 2017

Dear Timkrombach,

Thank you so much for your review, thank you for the time you have taken to do so! Im so glad you enjoyed my place and also the time spent of Sea Wolf my sports fisher. I think you are right, Pangani is still one of the last gems along the northern coast. Most other places are becoming very overfilled (Pangani was also very alive around two weeks after your visti).

Well Tim, ahsante sana for your compliments and karibu tena!

Best,