All reviews fishing trip rooms are spacious perfect place indian ocean the food is great two nights hot water boat zanzibar beach lucy trips snorkel wake journey bungalow
Reviewed 15 August 2017

An unforgettable week in Pangani at Mikes Fishing Lodge. Beautiful beach, accompanied by amazing seafood and friendly staff. Rooms are very nice as they are private and air-conditioned. Thank you Mike and the crew for an amazing week!

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 16 March 2017

I stayed at Mike's for 3 days and it was just amazing! Very nice rooms with aircondition, good prices, the most beautiful spot right on the beach. I am definitely going back! Mike is the best, takes very good care of his lodge and we enjoyed every moment with him. Don't miss out on going with Mike on his boat - fishing, snorkling, Zanzibar etc. It is wonderful! My friend and I stayed at a shared bedroom/dorm for 4-5 people as we were backpacking on the coast and the price was good. Food is included in the price (breakfast and a 3-course dinner) and it was the best food I ever had in Africa! Overall the best experience!

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 8 January 2017

I went there as a part of a trip along the coastline of Tanzania. Pangani town is a sleepy, little town where the colonial influence is just as visible as in towns like Tanga or Bagamoyo (I went there, too). Just, it is way less touristic. Pangani Beach is about 15 minutes away from town and for me it was how I actually had imagined Zanzibar to be like. I went there at the beginning of December and literally I had the whole beach for myself.
Staying at Mike's Beach Cottages made my Pangani visit a faultless experience. The service was great, the staff is very nice and welcoming and the food is awesome. Further, it is a well-led and affordable place which offers accomodation fitting right into the natural potential of the place.
If you are lucky, Mike might invite you to join him on a fishing and snorkeling trip.

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled solo
Mike F, Owner at Mike's Beach Cottages, responded to this reviewResponded 11 January 2017

Dear Timkrombach,

Thank you so much for your review, thank you for the time you have taken to do so! Im so glad you enjoyed my place and also the time spent of Sea Wolf my sports fisher. I think you are right, Pangani is still one of the last gems along the northern coast. Most other places are becoming very overfilled (Pangani was also very alive around two weeks after your visti).

Well Tim, ahsante sana for your compliments and karibu tena!

Reviewed 4 January 2017

awesome, cheap place stay in Pangani especially if in a group. My friends and I had a wonderful time the staff members are very friendly, and the overall quality of the resort is splendid. I would recommend this resort, based on my experience there

Stayed: February 2016, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear Abdoulaye_dia4,

I hope this response finds you well and the beginning of 2017 is treating you all as it should! Thanks a lot for taking the time to write your review, I know its not the first thing one wants to think about after a lovely holiday season..... so I appreciate it! I do hope to have you around again soon.

Karibu tena

Reviewed 2 January 2017

Our stay at Mikes was amazing, though we only spent a few days there and it took hours to get there, it was all worth it. The room was perfect for our family, the staff were all friendly and always had a smile on their faces. Every meal we had was delicious! The beach was very quiet and relaxing but the highlight of our trip has to be deep sea fishing with Mike! Great place and will definitely come back!

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled with family

Hello there Poppy B,

Thanks so much for your review! "Pole", that you had such a loooooooonnnggg hard journey to reach me....I also hope your return journey was less a problem! I also hope hope it was absolutely worth it in the end and you could wind down and relax for a couple of days! I can only say we were all glad to have you hear and are even more happy to hear, that you all enjoyed the place.

So from your review I see that my passion of deep sea fishing has rubbed off a little.... well karibuni tena sana! Sea Wolf is allways ready to take you out for an adventure.

Ahsanteni sana and see you soon be it as an honored guest, at the restaurant or on Sea Wolf...