All reviews fishing trip perfect place the food is great hot water boat zanzibar beach lucy trips snorkel wake bungalow
Reviewed 13 June 2016

I stayed in the Cottages in Late May of 2016. The accomodations were beautiful and steps from the beach with gorgeous views of the indian ocean. The Cottages were spacious with air conditioning, very nice beds with mosquito netting, and a large bathroom. While the cottages were wonderful, we did not spend much time there as we spent the day enjoying the sand and water. I would highly recommend staying here for a slice of heaven.

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled with friends
Mike F, Inhaber at Mike's Beach Cottages, responded to this reviewResponded 27 December 2016

Dear Danica D

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of my little place, I know to appreciate it as it always takes away precious time for other more fun things so ahsante!

Thanks for all your compliments and I would love to have you around again very soon

Ahsante Sana na heri kwa mwaka mpya!

Reviewed 12 June 2016

After a few weeks in Tanzania, a group of about 15 students and I spent one of our last nights in Tanzania at Mike's place. The food was great and there is fully stocked bar on site that uses bottled water for their ice. For those traveling internationally, this might be an amenity you didn't realize you've missed. The rooms were clean, comfortable, and spacious, equipped with mosquito netted beds, heated water, and storage space. The place is hidden down a small road in Pangani and only a few hour boat road to the island of Zanzibar. The entire staff was extremely hospitable and helped make the end of an amazing trip remarkable. A few of us stayed behind an extra night and would not have had such ease moving forward on our trip without the help of Mike and his staff. You can't get better access to a more beautiful beach...especially for the price!

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled with friends
Mike F, Owner at Mike's Beach Cottages, responded to this reviewResponded 25 August 2016

Dear Mariah,

I hope your trip over to Zanzi was fun! I heard back from the skipper, that all went well!

Im glad you enjoyed my lil place. we all look forward to having you back either in the group or of course on your private trip back to Tanzania.

Best,
Mike

Reviewed 7 June 2016

We arrived with a group of about 15 people and four of us stayed behind an extra day. The rooms were nice and seemingly set up for a family but very suitable for co-travelers. All beds had mosquito netting and there is hot water. The cottages are super cute from the outside with a little sitting area at the front and an exposed outdoor shower for rinsing off salt water and sand which I appreciate.

The food was delicious with a variety of options. What stands out most of all is actually the staff and Mike himself. Mike was very helpful in accommodating in helping us plan our stay and arranged a boat to take us to Zanzibar.

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled solo
Mike F, Owner at Mike's Beach Cottages, responded to this reviewResponded 9 June 2016

Dear Emily,

Thank you so much for your kind review! We too enjoyed having your bubbly group at the lodge! Ill tell my staff, that you enjoyed your stay and the food. They will love to hear that!;0)
I hope the trip on to Zanzibar went well. The Captain called me to tell me it all went well. Im sorry I was not able to take you on sea wolf. Now she is up and running again, would not have been safe on one engine.
I also hope you all enjoyed your hena tatoos while they lasted... I hope to see you again soon.

Karibu tena!
Mike

Reviewed 18 March 2016

We stayed at Mike's for two nights after a long bus ride from Lushoto. First of all, Mike is an incredible host and willing to go beyond what is expected to meet your needs. We were able to stay an extra night because Mike personally drove us to Dar and to the airport via an extra safari at Sadani NP. Thanks again Mike!! Each day we enjoyed breakfast and dinner. Breakfast was so filling with more than enough food and homemade bread, and dinner was some of the freshest and most delicious seafood dinners we have eaten in a long time, The beach is great; very safe and quiet and you can walk forever. The cottage we stayed in was clean and comfortable and steps away from the beach. We were served real, fresh local coffee every morning which was such a great way to wake up. We could not recommend Mike's enough for anyone looking to have a memorable experience off the typical tourist track. Thanks again Mike for everything!!

Room Tip: any cottage is good
  • Stayed: February 2016, travelled as a couple

Dear Kyle,

Thank you so much for your VERY positive review. Im glad you thoroughly enjoyed your stay, and am glad you made the plane in the end;0)
Making your stay as comfortable as it was is of course thanks to my staff, Im glad you enjoyed our hospitality and food so thoroughly.

I do hope to have you around again some time soon.

Karibuni tena!

Reviewed 7 January 2016

Great Hospitality.. The hotel site is all natural and so beautiful.. white sandy beach.. the food is fantastic..

Mike organizes adventourous game fishing.. having fished around various parts of Tanzania, Mike seemed by far the best ...Mike provides attention to details, value for money..
We experienced the best ever Black Marlin Adventure.

Thank you Mike.

Room Tip: All rooms and services are par excellent!
  • Stayed: January 2016, travelled with friends

Dear MustanMusaji,

Thank you so much for your review! Im glad you all enjoyed it, yes for me it was also quite an adventure. I do hope to have you around very soon again on Sea Wolf and of course lodging at our humble cottages.

I wish you only the best for 2017, Ahsante Sana na heri kwa mwaka mpya!