“Excellent Sri Lankan Buffet”
Review of Hamilton's

Hamilton's
Ranked #5 of 52 Restaurants in Chertsey
Price range: US$25 - US$32
Cuisines: European
Dining options: Reservations
Description: At Hamilton’s, we have pleasure in offering our native cuisine, authentic Sri Lankan Food. Sri Lanka, the beautiful spice island once known as Ceylon, is a rich melting pot of cuisines. To bring out the true flavour of Sri Lankan curries, at Hamilton’s we use home-made curry powders for burst of flavour and fresh aroma to awaken your taste buds. Freshness in the key factor and whatever you choose to eat at Hamilton’s, our food will tantalise your taste buds making your dining experience a memorable one! Explore our menus that are changed regularly for details to enjoy a Home Cooked Sri Lankan Meal in Chertsey! Our much valued patrons have motivated us to go from strength to strength over the past two years, expanding our services to outside catering, buffet service for private and office functions for large gatherings at chosen venues, catering for charity and fundraising events, take-away and delivery services.
Reviewed 24 September 2018

On Friday and Saturday nights the Sri Lankan buffet is served. Having visited with family who have travelled around Sri Lanka they have confirmed that this is an authentic experience. The food is excellent, freshly cooked and delicious. This small and intimate restaurant is family run, the service is attentive and you have the opportunity to talk to the chef. I would highly recommend a visit.

1  Thank Purplemoya
Hamiltons S, Owner at Hamilton's, responded to this reviewResponded 25 September 2018

Thank you for your review and comments.

Reviewed 23 July 2018 via mobile

I just returned from a trip to London where I stayed at the Hamilton's in Chertsey, Surrey owned and run by a lovely Sri Lankan couple. My room and attached washroom was very clean and well appointed with all amenities. The bed was the most comfortable I had slept in a long time. I wanted an authentic English breakfast and what a great spread it was! Orange juice, toast. Eggs, bacon, grilled mushrooms etc. Dinner was done the Sri Lankan way and I enjoyed it to the utmost. I truly cannot recommend a better place for anyone wanting a peaceful place for a holiday. True, it's bit away from the City but transport is available by train and by bus and there's a very good shopping mall close by where you can shop to your hearts content while Aldies is just a hop step and jump from the hotel. I would definitely be returning to Hamilton's when I make my next visit to London.

1  Thank suekirt
Reviewed 7 April 2018

On the positive side great and friendly service. The restaurant is small and has a nice atmosphere and very clean and tastefully decorated.
We were first served a small hors d'oeuvre and then shown the buffet which had a good selection of curries and side dishes. We did not have wine but had Sri Lankan beer and other drinks which were reasonably priced.

The hors d'oeuvre were poor, I would assume straight out of a freezer packet. None of or party had a good thing to say. The curries were OK, one of our party loved the chicken. We all agreed that the star of the show had to be the side dishes, the beans and the salads were outstanding.
Would I go back? probably not.

4  Thank Schuby47
Reviewed 17 March 2018 via mobile

I can’t recommend Hamilton’s highly enough. We had a family birthday celebration, and it was made very special by our wonderful hosts, superb food, and attentive service. As we are mostly vegetarian we had a fully vegetarian buffet prepared especially for us. The various flavours and tastes were excellent, and different from most restaurant fare. Eating at Hamilton’s is like dining with friends.
Thanks so much to you both for a super family get together.

2  Thank 932HelenC
Reviewed 13 January 2018 via mobile

A joy to dine in this established restaurant every time for authentic Sri Lankan cuisine.
The food is only surpassed by the owners whom go to every length to to ensure your visit is a pleasing one.
Worth a return visit every time.

1  Thank Sharpdressman