“I wish I had a fine linen suit”
Review of Ama Lur

Ama Lur
Price range: US$0 - US$13
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 2 July 2016

I wish I had a fine linen suit and a pair of hand made Italian loafers to wear to this beautiful restaurant...then I would have added to the quality of the experience, but unfortunately, hiking boots, cycling shoes and other practical matters stood in the way of me bringing such things. Therefore all the positives belong to the staff and the owners.
I thank them for accommodating me in not quite appropriate attire.
We enjoyed the design and detail of the room so much, the understated elegance of the whole package..
The food was superb. The mushroom risotto would in itself be a fine meal, let alone a starter. The cod was perfection. And the orange souffle.
Highly recommended.

Reviewed 24 June 2016 via mobile

Waited way too long between dishes. The couple next to us even sent the main dishes back because they weren't hungry anymore after all the time they had to wait.
The ensalada de txangurro is definitely not worth it. Octopus was ok. And the Torrija dessert was excellent.
When we complained about the service their excuse was that everybody arrived at the same time (!!!!)
Not worth the 140€ we paid for dinner. Overrated, stiff, rude and slow. Food, average.

Reviewed 5 June 2016 via mobile

Beautiful place but the staff (stiff) was not so happy with our company while the place was emtpy. The lamb (12 u cooked) was white so not cooked 12 btw. And they where watching us like a doorman (Garcia civil) so not relaxing even the owner didn't want to suggest us a wine from the wine menu. So many years to Ibiza never never and again never going back... Sometimes you think it has a bad day for the chef but this time they all where evil ((llll)

Reviewed 24 May 2016

In Ibiza it is not easy to eat well!!! it is all overpriced and touristy!! I am Italian, I live in Ibiza and I am very demanding about eating out!
Ama Lur is a very fine restaurant. Perfect for special occasions or dinners with friends.
The delicious food is accompanied by a very special atmosphere in the typical country house of Ibiza.

I had the Crab salad with tomato jelly, slow-cooked lamb with cous cous and the white chocolate soup for dessert... Oh my god!! that was heaven. i strongly recommend you to pay a visit when you are here... to get out from the noisy part of Ibiza and find peace and real quality!!

Reviewed 24 April 2016

We passed Ama Lur dozens of times but never actually stopped to have lunch or dinner. However they open quite early in the season so now we did. Expectations were high given some of the other reviews.
First impression; great building, friendly welcome but slightly outdated interior. Unfortuntely the great looking covered terrace was not open yet.
Some free snacks from the house, decent but not great starters (scallops and foie grass) however the best juicy steaks we have ever had on the island (and, not like many other restaurants, prepared exactly to our liking (after being asked before). Steaks came on cold plates though so cooled off pretty quick which was a pity (and they came at a price: €25). Great wine list with plenty to chose in all price ranges. Cava came from a freshly opened bottle, so not from a bottle thist had been opened a previous evening as we encounter in some other restaurants. One negative: after paying our change was never returned to us, we would have left it as tip but to assume it was, is a bit bold. Benefit of the doubt, we assume it was a misunderstanding. Overall: good food, attentative staff but no where near Michelin star level as some have suggested, there are other restaurants on the island that are getting to that level but not Ama Lur. And do change some of the wall decorations, stuffy and outdated, there must be lots of artists on the island who would love putting their work up on display for free.