“Club Alvorferias”

Ranked #11 of 24 Hotels in Alvor
Sligo, Sligo, Ireland
“Club Alvorferias”
Reviewed 13 July 2012

Just back from week holiday in Club Alvorferias and cannot fault it all. Travelled with husband and 3 kids 16, 11 and 4. Had fantastic time. Staff were really nice and very helpful. Kids had ball. Definetly going to go back again next year. Alvor is beautiful place with gorgeous food in all restaurants and very reasonable.

16 Thank Gilda M

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (223)
  • Polish first
London, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 July 2012

a bit of a different review!
we are travelling next week to these apartments and I had some questions so I e-mailed them today and they phoned me within the hour and were extremely helpful. So if anyone has any questions or requests for them just drop them an e-mail.
My questions were:
cost of safe €15 euro deposit and €10 euro rental per week so you get €15 back when you return the key
tv remote and air con remote €20 and refunded when you return them
clothes airer 50 cent a day non-refundable but thats only €7 for a 2 week stay
They were also very helpful with our request to be near family that arrive the day after us.
So so far so good and I can't wait to get there. Hope this helps a few people

Room Tip: e-mail in advance with any queries
13 Thank marnellfox
co meath
Reviewed 12 July 2012

I loved these aparments although the blocks are seperated by a main road we staying in the ones furthest away from reception it was perfect for us nice and quite but if you wanted busy head back over other side to main pool. We had lovely pool ourside the kids had a field day... bus to beach handy and the walk into town was just nice. The only thing that bothred me was with having a baby in buggy the bridge had steps so we had to go by the road (and its busy). :0 to get over to evening entertainment,shop,bar,and dinning area ..... but at that time they were doing the road so maybe they put in a crossing...

• Stayed August 2011
3 Thank Karen S
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 July 2012

I have never really felt a need to write a review about a holiday , however this one was so poor i just have to ( even if it saves 1 person from wasting thier precious holiday here )

I d booked 10 whole days here via THE CO OPERATIV TRAVEL and now i know exactly why it was so cheap! They TOTALLY lied saying its in the 'HEART' of a LIVELY town , with bustling nigthlife & close to the beach ETC

ALVOR is a fishing village - in other words GODS WAITING ROOM

On arrival my heart sank as i saw how far it actually was from Faro , to add to injury the reception was Filthy and smelt what i can only describe as a petshop!

The receptionist was extremely UNhelpful , gave NO info about the hotel , cleaning arrangments , attractions , location or that you have to pay a 20euro deposit for the TV & AIR CON

We were put in an apartment miles from the main reception and pool - which i guess was the least of our worries at this point

Arriving to the apartment ( finally ) it was a decent size , but that about the ONLY positive

The bathroom light was dim , the bedroom wardrope door wouldnt even open as it was broken , the kitchen we didnt even touch anything as it looked lie it just had never been cleaned .

The next morning we were covered in bites from bedbugs and im convinced the sheets had most likely not been changed in a while

Long story short we had to pay to spend the remainder of our holiday in a proper hotel in Albufeira as we could not stand another minute there

Also if you are betweeen 18 & 30 DO NOT GO THERE ... Its a town full of the elderly or screaming children !

Totally ruined Portugal for me

Has however taught me to do MUCH more research for my future holidays!

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank RH12_12

Travellers are raving about these Alvor hotels

Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 July 2012

This is my first visit to Clube Alvorferias but it will not be our last. There was myself, my wife and my seven year old child.
We went half board and the food was bland, repetitive and not that good. If you ordered food from the restaurant instead of eating from the half board buffet it look very good indeed, this was the only major problem we had with this place. I would not come back here half board.
I was pleasantly surprised by the size and cleanliness of the apartment, which had a fully fitted kitchen. Our rooms were cleaned every other day.
I would say that all the staff were very polite, helpful and always cheerful. They always went out their way to make sure they could help us, especially the entertainment staff. Bruno who runs the kids club was very good with the kids and he is by far the best person we have had on a kids club. Yes the kids club could be a bit more organised but you could tell that all the staff enjoyed working with the kids and went out their way to make sure the kids had a great time.
All in all I would definitely go back to these apartments.

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the other side of the bridge as the apartments there are more modern.
15 Thank Raymond P