“Excellent Service, Food and Reasonable Prices”

Restaurante Dom Joao
Ranked #6 of 164 Restaurants in Alvor
Cuisines: European, French, Portuguese
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 10 November 2022

We visit Alvor often but we only came across this place about three years ago. It's on the very edge of the town up by the camp site so it does not have a high profile. We eat here at least once every visit now.
They have an extensive menu and we have never been disappointed with our choice. The family who own it are really nice, genuinely friendly and they always remember us.

Service is laid back but first class. Prices are very fair and lower than the village centre. Try it. you'll love it!

Reviewed 14 October 2022

We visited Restaurante Dom Joao 4 times during our 14 day holiday to Alvor. It is one of my favourite restaurants in Alvor having been there often over the years. The restaurant is quite spacious and is family run and very clean. The standard of food is excellent with the fish being particularly and the service is excellent. It is located about 15 mins walk from the town centre but is well worth the walk. We will return.

Reviewed 6 October 2022 via mobile

Lovely family run restaurant.We have just returned from Alvor and visited this restaurant on a few occasions. The food was lovely and the lemon meringue pie is to die for . From the moment you enter until the time you leave you are looked after. Highly recommend.

Reviewed 4 October 2022

While staying in Lagos, I did a day trip to Alvor to see the marina, peaceful boardwalk & beach. With all that walking, I worked up quite an appetite and stopped at Restaurante Dom Joao for a late lunch. One of my favorite dishes in Portugal is Dourada Grelhada or grilled sea bream. Luckily, this was the fish of the day and I enjoyed every succulent morsel of my dourada grelhada that day along with the fresh vegetables! Restaurant was spotless and service was excellent from one of the owners, Jose. This is a family run restaurant and I really appreciated the quick & friendly service (did I mention I was ravenous?) . While my food came out quickly, I was not rushed even as they were closing for the lunch period. I really appreciate that. Thank you to all at Restaurant Dom Joao!

Date of visit: September 2022
Reviewed 4 October 2022 via mobile

Great restaurant,I had peri peri chicken and it was lovely,my wife had seafood spaghetti and she said it was beautiful.
Sangria was spot on.
The staff and owner are very nice people