“Amazing food ”

Restaurante Ruccula
Ranked #6 of 163 Restaurants in Alvor
Good for: Groups, Local cuisine, Child-friendly, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 29 October 2022 via mobile

We were back in Alvor after a 3 year absence so we had to visit what was our favourite restaurant. It was great to see that the friendliness of the staff and the quality of the food was still excellent. I started with fishcakes followed by the Lamb shank which was great and tasty. My wife had the Pork medallions and again it was excellent. We enjoyed it so much we have booked two more visits before we return home.

Reviewed 27 October 2022

Ruccula was recommended to us and it did not disappoint. We booked prior to flying to Portugal as this is one busy restaurant. The menu has something for everyone with a large selection of fish, meat, and some vegetarian options. The service and standard of the food were amazing. Ruccula is reasonably priced and I would highly recommend it as a place to eat when in Alvor.

Date of visit: September 2022
Reviewed 22 October 2022

This was our first time back in Portugal since COVID and we booked Ruccula prior to leaving for two nights.
we were not disappointed - the food was excellent as usual the friendliness of the staff once again was second to none and the whole atmosphere on both nights was very relaxed with no rush just enjoy the evening with good food and wine and company - simply the best restaurant in Alvor by far - they don't need to change a thing
Can't wait to return again next year!

Reviewed 17 October 2022 via mobile

This restaurant is one of my all time favourites in Alvor.
The staff are amazing and they look after their customers with total care and respect- whether you have visited their restaurant for a number of years or if it is your first time.
One thing I must say (as a frequent visitor over a number of years) it is so easy to order what you know will be 5* quality food, because you have had it before and don’t want to choose something different for fear of being disappointed This time my husband and I decided we were going to order something different- I had the pork fillet and my husband the prawn curry and OMG we were definitely not disappointed, the pork was delicious and so tender and the sauce was so tasty, the prawns in the curry were beautifully cooked and tasted absolutely amazing. Oh and the side dishes were perfect as always
Thank you so much Richard and the team for giving us an absolutely fantastic evening- again!

Reviewed 9 October 2022 via mobile

Had a really fab meal here. Shared the chicken liver with puff pastry starter. My husband had the lamb shank & said it was the best he had ever had. I had the sea bream with a pesto crust which was top class. We shared a dessert...cannot remember the name of it... chocolate based ... fantastic. The service was excellent & the good news is we have another evening booked here before we head home.