All reviews new building padre pio shrine one night very nice hotel minute walk within walking distance luggage location wifi pilgrimage giovanni group purpose saint
Reviewed 20 October 2018 via mobile

This hotel is within walking distance to the Shrine of Saint Padre Pio. It has a new building with very spacious bathrooms. Don't get a room in the old building. The buildings are connected with a hallway on the basement floor. Very nice place. Excellent dinner and very good location if you are visiting Padre Pio's shrine. I'm here with a group so I don't know the cost. I would stay here again.

Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 29 January 2018

I made a booking at this hotel for one night, due my purpose was to visit the San Padre Pio Shrine, and I can say that it was the best decition, for location, it is 2 minutes walk to the Shrine, for cleanliness it was superb, for comfort it was excellent, only one minute walk to the coach station, and the main reason for the qualities of members of the staff, friendly, empathy, confidence, sociability, attentive, I met two of them, the gentleman of the night shift was an excellent person, however Francisco is the best , he helped me with a problem i had with my luggage. The owners of the company must be very proud to have those two gentlemen as part of the team. if you are travelling to San Giovanni Rotondo, it is your hotel for a wonderful accommodation. Ps. it is 3 stars hotel, but should be 4 starts.

Date of stay: January 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 8 December 2017 via mobile

I spent here a night. I was surprised that 3*** hotel could be such a good place to stay. Rooms are spacious and clean with the modern furniture. The bathrooms are clean and big. There is a sliver service and the food is very tasty. The bar is good located and has reasonable variety of alcohol. The staff is friendly and helpful.

Date of stay: December 2017
Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank PaulTraveller72
Reviewed 26 October 2017

In San Giovanni it is all about location. This hotel has everything. within walking distance to the shrine. Excellent dining room. Will change menu to suit clients. I stay in this hotel every year with my group. It continues to improve and there is always a family member on hand to solve all problems. Breakfast is perfect for Irish clients. Self service and great selection. The staff always facilitate an early departure. Well worth a visit.

Room tip: rooms in the new area
Date of stay: October 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 1 September 2017

This hotel is only a few blocks from the San Padre Pio shrine. It was clean, the staff was friendly, especially the breakfast staff. The breakfast buffet was fabulous - boiled eggs, cold cuts, pastries, fresh fruit. It was the nicest hotel breakfast we had in our month long trip in Italy.

The room is small, but very clean and modern. Overall, a very nice hotel.

As some of the other reviews mentioned, wifi was weak, but we found that in every single hotel in Italy.

Date of stay: August 2017