See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 21 September 2017

A modern hotel and a little chilling on entry but nice reception staff and a spacious well-appointed room with all mod cons, lockable store room and extremely comfortable beds.
Only problem from the outset was being told the restaurant was closed on Saturday night with no reason so a major rethink of our plans here and it was a real minus point.

Walkable into Darmstadt (~50 mins) and Roβdorf (~15 mins) by footpaths/cycle routes and several buses stopped opposite and it is off the main road.

The wellness centre was closed but the sauna could be booked for heating up.

The restaurant seemed to be an add on (or the hotel added to it) but the food was good with some local wines, good service and it was the mushroom season and so themed menus but the soups, fish dishes were good and a nice veal steak. The breakfast was also good but this is separately priced.

Of note the Messel pit is not too far and this hotel would be good if visiting.

Date of stay: September 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 June 2017 via mobile

I stayed one night in this hotel for business. The good thing to say about the hotel is that the room is big, reasonably clean and the same goes for the bathroom. The breakfast is cheap (4 Euros) and good. However, staying in a room in the ground floor felt like staying in a bunker, and there was no signal coming to my mobile. No wifi. In order to use my mobile and call, I had to go to the reception area. This is poor for a hotel which seems to be mostly occupied with business people, at least the book on the table was about business way of thinking. I recommend the management of the hotel to think about the needs of their customers in 2017!

Date of stay: June 2017
Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 4 February 2016

Can only agree with what others have written, rooms are a strange setup of a large entry room (basically setup to be an office / meeting room), the bedroom is off this with two single beds. Clean and basic but in need of modernisation. Breakfast was ok.

I can't see why anyone would rate this hotel as excellent, average at best

Date of stay: February 2016
Reviewed 21 June 2015

My room was on the ground floor and consisted of a large entry room clearly set up for a meeting, the bedroom was a narrow corridor type affair with two single beds. A further ante room contained a large wardrobe and access to the bathroom. Whilst clean and basically comfortable there was no where to sit in and relax and no facilities for making a drink.

Date of stay: June 2015
Reviewed 18 May 2015

I stayed in this hotel for just one night and had a pleasant experience. The hotel is located near a wooded area but unfortunately I didn't have time to explore due to lack of time.

The next morning when I checked out, I forgot my phone charger in the room. I mentioned this to my associates in the firm that I was visiting in the area. They called the hotel and were able to get the charger back to me very quickly. Apparently, the housekeeping staff at the hotel had found my charger and handed to the reception. I appreciate the honesty and promptness very much. Thanks!

Date of stay: April 2015