See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 21 May 2016

We felt an instant connection with Johan and Clara as their love of travel and of meeting people was instantly apparent. The house is gorgeous, the breakfast delicious, and our room comfortable. We enjoyed picnics in the garden and chatting with them about everything from travel experiences to what to see in the area to the best Belgian beers. Every detail is perfect, even the quiet music at breakfast and their wonderful collections of travel art around the house. The location is great for exploring Bruges, Ghent, or the Belgian coast without the chaos and expense of actually staying in a city, and their tips make it easy to get to destinations. We LOVED staying here and hated to say goodbye. We hope to see them again one of these days....

Date of stay: May 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Johan C, Owner at Bed & Breakfast De Passant, responded to this reviewResponded 23 May 2016

Dear Janet-Craig,

Thank You for sending us this review. It was really a pleasure to have You as our Guests, to share to passion of exploring the world. We keep in contact and ... sure You cannot visit Belgium without exploring the Belgian beers !! We are so happy that You enjoyed Your holiday in Belgium ! Maybe we meet in the US !
All the best for You,
Johan & Clara

Reviewed 3 January 2016

Our stay was short but we really felt like we were home. The house is lovely, Clara and Johan were so nice and helpful with us. The room and toilet were very clean and comfortable. The breakfast was unbelievably delicious and made with love :)
We definitely recommend this place if you want to go to Brugge (20 min by car) or to the coast (like 15 min).

Date of stay: December 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Johan C, Owner at Bed & Breakfast De Passant, responded to this reviewResponded 5 January 2016

Dear Gabriela and Rodrigo,

We are happy to read that You had a nice holiday in Belgium and that You loved Your stay in our B&B. It was the first time we had Bolivian Guests in our Bed & Breakfast and it was a pleasure to welcome You.
Thank You for this review ! We hope to see You again !
Always welcome in Bed & Breakfast 'De Passant' in Jabbeke near Bruges.
Clara & Johan.

Reviewed 5 October 2013

The entire experience at B&B De Passant was truly wonderful. However, the best part of the experience was the caring and kindness of the lady of the house. I was having a problem contacting my bank, and when no one else would help me she took me under her wing and we got things straightened out! On the last night of my stay I needed to leave early in the morning, and she had a picnic meal all ready for me to take along. She is just a very kind, sweet, motherly person. I would highly recommend this B&B to anyone. - Dean, St. Paul, MN, USA

Date of stay: October 2013
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank Dean H
Reviewed 2 April 2013

We were placed in a different room then reserved, without any consultation !!
There was no space to relax, no toilet . Things we had booked !!
So we left the next morning. The receit was a very quick one.
We won't go back there......

Room tip: the small room is just acceptable when you requier no toilet on the room and you are just "passing by" for one night. So make sure you get the right room !!!
Date of stay: February 2013
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
3  Thank Schagen-Betsy
Johan C, Owner at Bed & Breakfast De Passant, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2013

Dear Mr & Ms,
We would like to thank you for your stay in our Bed & Breakfast and for the delivery of your review. We regret that despite the high demands we place on our service delivered, we could not meet your expectations.

Reviewed 1 November 2012

Although the meaning of De Passant is for come-and-go travelers, the atmosphere here is full of warm. I am a backpacker, traveling in Europe for two months. Therefore, I would like to say that traveler can stay here like home, trying to relax so to enjoy the beauty of Brugge. The weather in October is unstable. I met many raining days. However, I could receive the warm care and greetings from Johan and Clara everyday. And, the breakfast is perfect to become the energy of a day! If I have chances to go back to Brugge, I will meet them again!

Date of stay: October 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank Lanny_14
Johan C, Owner at Bed & Breakfast De Passant, responded to this reviewResponded 4 November 2012

Dear Lanny,

It was a pleasure to have You and Your sister as our Guests. We like to thank You for posting Your rievew. I am glad that Brugge and Belgium in geral were able to provide you the beauty and history of our small country. Your kind and positive words are much appreciated by us. We whish You al best at Your World travels. Johan & Clara.