Hotel Eden
US$190
US$186
Savings alert! 20% below average rates

The price you found is 20% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$233/night.

US$326
US$306
US$253
US$161
  • Breakfast included
TripAdvisor
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 10 July 2015

The management of the hotel knows all there is to know about the sorroundings and its possiblities. Perfect location for trekking in pittoresque surroundings. The food exceeds expectations with respect to quality and quantity for this kind of hotels. The authentic outdoor swimming pool is one of its kind.

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled with friends
1  Thank Norwegian-trekkers
Alexander E, Owner at Hotel Eden, responded to this reviewResponded 12 July 2015

Hello and thank very much for your review. We are pleased that you felt comfortable with us and look forward to seeing you again . Thank you on behalf of the whole team . Alexander

Reviewed 15 November 2013

I spend my winters in hotels. The hotel Eden in Juns has the friendliest and most helpful staff, awesome food, the location is tough to beat, the views are insane and I would recomend this place to everyone.
There is an terrific spa, nice place to swim outside, the bus route is right across the street and a nice walking trail right behind the property.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank J0nCheever
Alexander E, Manager at Hotel Eden, responded to this reviewResponded 16 November 2013

Thank you very much for your commend. Happy that you recomanding us. Wish the very best for the future, hope to welcome you soon. alexander and gerlinde erler

Reviewed 3 October 2013 via mobile

Spacious rooms all seem to have a balcony and well decorated furnished well with a good bed that I can sleep well in. Free WIFI reception is best in bar area and downstairs but still pretty good in my room. I could still watch Internet TV with some buffering best reception on my toilet! Still a family run hotel. The SPA area is unique with a natural unheated pool outside and the usual sauna/jacuzzi, relaxation area. The price is cheaper than most other 4 star hotels too. A 12 minutes free bus ride to the Hintertux glacier for skiing. Plenty of walking trails too. The excellent food and great service of waiter staff is what makes this hotel stand out. The hotel is kept immaculately clean too.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 29 August 2013

We stayed 5 nights in August 2013. Our room on the 3rd floor, south facing, had a lovely view of the glacier, nearby mountains, pool and garden area, and the swift mountain stream. The pool (which is not heated), has a little waterfall, which provided good "white noise" to cover up the usual sounds of other guests. The Zillertal valley is beautiful, lots of fresh air and green, green grass. The narrow valley has very steep walls. It was very crowded during this high season time, the valley bus was always crammed full, like sardines in a can. But the hotel is in a sleepy part of the valley and it was quiet and restful. We walked the trail by the stream every night, it was delightful.

The 5 course dinners were a work of art...very interesting and creative meals with beautiful presentation. We eagerly looked over the menu every morning to make our selection for that night’s dinner, and couldn't wait for the evening meal. Gerlinda is a gracious and kind hostess; and Michael in the dining hall was the best--really friendly, and good at making the guests smile and the kids laugh. Most staff spoke enough English for us to be able to communicate, as we unfortunately do not speak any German.

Ok, now a couple of issues. The main reason Hotel Eden does not get 5 stars is we were terribly disappointed to learn that Alex would not take us on the guided hikes (included in the package) because we did not have the proper footwear: ankle high medium to heavy weight hiking boots. We flew halfway around the world in order to hike in Austria, and we specifically chose THIS hotel because the package included 3 days of guided hikes. (Hotel Eden is part of the "Wander Hotels Tirol".) Although I looked through the website several times before our trip, I never saw the REQUIREMENT that we have ankle-high hiking boots (evidently required by the Austrian guide services). Instead, we brought our sturdy walking shoes (which we have worn on multiple >10 km hikes, and they are perfectly fine.) We would have brought our regular hiking boots if we had known they were required to participate, but were trying to save weight in our luggage. However, even if we had the correct boots, I got the impression that Alex would not want to take us out anyway, as he cited worries that we may have health problems that would prevent us from safely hiking (despite my reassurances that we are in shape and are very experienced hikers. [We are near 60 years old, and I am overweight so I can understand his doubts at first glance, but my reassurances were ignored.]) This refusal to take us on a guided hike was terribly disappointing and upsetting to us...the whole purpose of this portion of our trip was to hike, and we wanted a guided hike. What made it worse is that we could not get any detailed hiking information from Alex in order to plan our own independent hikes. Instead, we had to travel down-valley and talk to the Information center in Tux to figure out WHERE to go hiking, and HOW to get there by bus. (I had not researched hikes in the area before our trip, as I figured we'd go where the hiking guide took us in the hotel's hiking van.) On the day of our major hike, the time needed to figure out where to go and how to get there delayed our hike start, so we didn't get started on the trail until noon, and had to keep a very close eye on the clock to make sure we got back in time to catch the last bus down the valley at 6pm. After that it rained for 2 days, so we didn't go on any other hikes.

The other two odd items are that the WiFi is only available within about 15 feet of the front desk...you cannot access it in your room, at the pool, or the afternoon snack terrance. At least they have a table to sit at in the reception area to check email. The other thing that bothered me is that the hotel is advertised as "100% non-smoking." However, they allow smoking on the room balconies, with ashtrays out on each balcony; and of course, the neighbor's smoke drifted in to our open window. Smoking is also allowed on the outside terrace and pool area; so, you still have cigarette and cigar smoke to cope with.....not exactly a “100% smoke-free hotel!” I would love it if they restricted smoking so that it is truly not allowed on the balconies, pool, or terrace. THAT would be a 100% non-smoking hotel!

Do I recommend Hotel Eden? Yes I do. It was an absolutely wonderful place to stay, with divine food and great staff. But, be very clear about the hiking issue if your intent is to hike. I would also recommend that you consider bringing a doctor’s statement of fitness if you do not appear at first glance to be a fit and young athlete.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank JasperHiker
Reviewed 27 April 2013

Located close to the Gletscher, the hotel is a very good option for families & couples that want to spend some time on Hintertux. Just across the street there is a bus stop that can take us to gletscher. The hotel is decorated as usual in Austria, but it has everything you may need, including a complimentary hi-speed Internet connection,

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family