US$28
Dee Village Langkawi Chalet(Pantai Kok)(Great Value!)
US$20
Geopark Hotel(Pantai Kok)
US$27
US$19
Priceline
Shaka Sea Gypsea(Pantai Kok)
Free cancellation until 27/07
Book now, pay at stay
US$144
US$80
3,593 results
All reviewsshoulder massagecolonial stylemarina viewgames roompool staffinfinity poolbeautiful hotelcable carwelcome drinkbest hotel we have ever stayedplanters restaurantour honeymoonmoment you arriveperdana quaymerchant roomluxury hotelpool side
Reviewed 7 December 2017 via mobile

Wow. What a fabulous hotel. Stayed here for 5 nights and wished we had more time. The hotel it self has the wow factor.
Very clean and staff are extremely friendly and helpful. You are made to feel special from the moment you arrive.
Chilled bottled Water handed out during sunbathing at the beach or the pool as-well as little snacks and ice creams are a lovely touch.
Plenty of choice at breakfast couldn’t fault the food at all. Also ate at the Italian and Planters during our stay which were just as good!!
Would definitely return in a heartbeat!!

Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank jilly145
GMDanna, Manager at The Danna Langkawi, responded to this reviewResponded 7 December 2017

Dear jilly145,

Reviewed 6 December 2017

We stayed here for a week, and it was absolutely sublime. Incredible service at all stages, beautiful location, stunning colonial-style hotel. The rooms were spacious and well appointed, the bed was comfortable. The restaurants were classy and food was very special. The breakfast had plenty of choice, and excellent champagne for mimosas. The pool was huge and beautiful, overlooking the beach. The concierge was very helpful in organising activities, and we ended up getting engaged at the hotel. The hotel team set up a beautiful private degustation dinner with matched wines in the library which was absolutely perfect for our special event. The marina area around the hotel was conveniently lined with other dining choices and we ate at most of these as well which was a welcome change from the hotel. The spa provided a beautiful (firm) massage, and the nearby alternative spa was also excellent. We will definitely be back, and thank you so much to the Danna team for a wonderful stay!

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank NeedToSeeItAll
GMDanna, Manager at The Danna Langkawi, responded to this reviewResponded 8 December 2017

Dear KRob147

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on TripAdvisor following your stay with us. It is very rewarding to know that you felt the hotel was outstanding and that you loved your experience. I am pleased that you liked your tranquil room, the location and that your overall experience was memorable. We thank you once again, KRob147. Do contact us directly should you plan to visit us again in the future

Reviewed 6 December 2017

We arrived for five nights at the Danna, from the welcome to departure the entire stay was perfect. The location is outstanding and we were lucky enough to have a top floor suite with views over the sea - it was quite simply breath taking. The staff and service they provided was as good as it gets, they just couldn't do enough for you. From the moment you arrive to your departure they go out of their way to make your holiday special. Our room was beautiful and very well kept, housekeeping do a fantastic job. The area around the swimming pool is stunning and kept very clean with help always at hand to help you if you need anything. The breakfasts are buffet style or, depending on your 'package' you can order from a menu - both are really great and staff work very hard to keep it all running smoothly. We didn't visit the main restaurant, preferring the Terrace where you can sit in or outside, we did both but preferred outside, for no other reason than we don't get to do it often - twice the service was great, sadly on the last evening it wasn't as good which was disappointing - I can only put it down to all the experienced waiters serving at a private function on the beach and we were left with inexperienced ones. Other than that I had absolutely no complaints and would return in a heartbeat - highly recommended

Room Tip: Pay the extra for a sea view - you wont regret it!
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank WestCumbriaClaire

Dear WestCumbriaClaire
Thank you very much for choosing The Danna Langkawi for your visit to the island recently. We are delighted to learn that you were satisfied with most of your experiences here with us except on your last evening dining with us. I regret you had to encounter such experience WestCumbriaClaire, please accept our sincerest apologies.

On a positive note, we are truly happy that you overall enjoyed your stay here at The Danna Langkawi. Should you plan to return in the future, please do not hesitate to contact me directly for an even greater staying experience. Hope to hear from you again.

Reviewed 5 December 2017 via mobile

I guess this is the best hotel I’ve stayed so far in Malaysia which truly deserved it’s 5-star rating. The Grand Viceroy room we stayed in was superb! It was spacious, clean and well maintained. The main pool is huge and kids room was wonderful! Didn’t manage to try the spa though.

The Italian food at the Terrace was fantastic! We attended the hotel’s weekly BBQ buffet on Friday and it was really great with lots of nice food to choose from, lovely ambience, live band and dance performances! However, the food at The Planter’s need improvement.

The staff were very attentive and all smiles when you met them no matter where you go, be it their front desk or F&B staff or even the technician. We had problem with water pressure upon check-in and it was immediately resolved after reported. The extra efforts they put to provide extra services along the stay give you the warmth in the heart and that’s what we’re truly looking for when we are on vacation.

I hope the hotel will be able to maintain it’s fantastic services and experience. Thanks for the memorable stay and we’ll surely return in the future.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family

Dear chyeo

It was our great pleasure looking after you on your recent visit to The Danna Langkawi and thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback on the site. I am delighted that you had a pleasant stay with us and enjoyed all aspects. I appreciate your comment on our food at The Planters restaurant and I am sorry that you were not impressed with our selection of foods, our Executive Chef takes the comment positively, I do hope you will give us the opportunity of looking after you again on a future visit and please do contact me personally so I can take care of your booking and make sure that on this occasion you will have a better experience.

Reviewed 5 December 2017

I chose this hotel on the basis of the TA reviews and can only agree with those who have raved about it. The building is impressive and spacious, the location is beautiful, between a lovely white beach and hills covered in rain forests. The food was wonderful and reasonably priced (for a 5 star hotel!).The most abiding memory is how charming and helpful all the staff were with constant little surprises with the thoughtfulness of the service.

I confess I always read the poor reviews when looking for a hotel to get some balance. They are usually people being silly. I was particularly amused by the chap who recently joined TA to who wanted to cancel his booking because he did not like the beach and then blamed the hotel because he had booked (and paid!) through a third party that would not give refunds. Hardly the hotel fault that he was so stupid. ( the only reason I could imagine you would be disappointed with the beach was if you were hoping to go surfing)

Another suggested that the hotel was only rated so highly was because most guests had not stayed in 5 Star hotels. Well our holiday included 5 days at the Danna, 5 days are Raffles Singapore and 5 in the Intercontinental HK. All were excellent and the Danna wins on quality of personal service and the beach (OK it was the only one with a beach...).

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank quakered

Dear quakered
Firstly, thank you for spending 5 nights stayed at The Danna, Langkawi, I was really pleased to read your recent comments following your visit to The Danna. As you mentioned we take great pride in our wonderful hotel and the service we provide to our guests. My team put a lot of very hard work in to ensure our guests' expectations are met on a consistent basis and I have, like I do with all the comments we receive, passed these on to them. Please do come and see us again soon.

Yours sincerely