All reviews double shower the hotel staff same price la digue daily shuttle pool bar three nights beautiful room sea mahe beaches island paddle yards waves feb chef
Reviewed 20 July 2018

Stayed for three nights with ;This hotel is super amazing..we went to restaurant to reception;very smooth service without any hassle.Restaurant staff is amazing !very humble ,polite & accommodating.We are vegan; Chef took spacial care for our vegan food everyday;Different dishes prepared specially for us.General manager brings food to your table ,,,,what can you ask for more.We felt very pampered.
Keep up the hospitality spirit..

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 June 2018 via mobile

We stayed here for two nights when visiting Praslin. The accommodation was affordable and right on the beach!

The room was spacious, nicely decorated and clean. There were trails of tiny mites which seemed to come through the fixtures and fittings. Slightly off-putting as you could see them on most surfaces. I just accepted these as part of living in somewhere like Praslin white it’s beaches, rainforest and nature all around. Fortunately they weren’t on the bed. The bed also has a tasteful mosquito net around it - which actually looks nice (see pic).

We had a nice big balcony although we didn’t sit on it as it didn’t catch the sun.

A small pool but it was always relatively quiet, so no problem getting a lounger.

The food was pretty good. Sandwiches, salads, burgers etc for lunch. Breakfast was ok, but not a huge amount of choice like you might expect at a breakfast buffet.

The exterior of the hotel needs a coat of paint however I’m sure it takes a beating from the weather!

The beach was literally 20 steps from our room. The hotel back right on to the beach. Beautiful sunsets and the water is ok to paddle in.

The real let down for me was the staff. Some of them were ok. Others were downright rude. As an example, I walked up to the bar at the pool, and a member of staff was standing around the other side of the bar. She didn’t acknowledge me with a ‘hello,’ never mind ‘what can I get for you?’ She lifted her head in a nod as if to say ‘what do you want?’ She didn’t come around to me, and I didn’t want to shout across the bar so I made my way round to ask her for a glass of water (please). She wrote it on a bit of paper, and left it on the bar for someone else to get. Then walked away. During this entire interaction she hadn’t uttered a word to me.

The hotel was pretty quiet when we were there and the main noise was the staff enjoying themselves and chatting away round the bar (I’ve attached a pic of this too). As it was so quiet, it would have been a prefect time for the staff to check on guests, see if they want anything, not just talk and laugh loudly taking up the whole bar, backs turned to the guests.

No one will come up to ask you if you want a drink. If you want a menu to order food, you’ll have to go up and ask for it.

So if you want something affordable and in a quiet secluded beach, with relatively comfortable accommodation - and are willing to put up with rude staff, then this is the place for you!

Stayed: June 2018
Reviewed 17 May 2018

The lodge is beautiful and the beach is stunning (in the right season and if you don't mind sting rays). But if you are expecting smiles or for staff to go out of their way you can think again. The Seychellois are not know for their hospitality but this takes it to another level.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
Nicole S, Public Relations Manager at Indian Ocean Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 18 May 2018

Dear Welmg,
We are very sorry to hear that you experienced this and we are taking your point raised to discuss with our staff. We certainly try our very best in delivering a great service, at times we fall short of this, but we do bounce back very quickly. We are pleased to read that you enjoyed the hotel and the surrounds, we hope to welcome you back again with big smiles.

Reviewed 18 April 2018

We stayed at the Lodge for three nights in April and loved it. Great welcome ( cold flannels and lemon grass cordial) beautiful room with a double shower in the bathroom and really comfy furniture on the balcony, including a day bed. Our room was just yards from the sea..and the lapping of the waves was the backdrop to our stay. The pool is a good size and I swam in it every day. The beach is narrow at high tide, but there’s a good stretch of sand at low tide. Plenty of sun loungers, excellent a la carte lunches and mostly buffet dinners. Cocktails from the pool bar. The gardens are lush and very beautiful, especially at night. The hotel staff were very solicitous and helpful.

Room Tip: First floor rooms offer best views.
Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank 722jennieb
Reviewed 1 March 2018 via mobile

I spent two nights here in Feb 2018. We caught the ferry from Mahe and took a 20 minute cab ride through incredibly beautiful scenery before arriving at the hotel. The Hotel isn’t super modern (WiFi in lobby area only) the rooms were simple but nicely decorated, the dining area is comfortable and the buffet plentiful (try the octopus if available, it was divine!). There is a small but cool pool and chill out area. The adjacent beach is quite simply stunning and offers sensational sunsets. The photos I included show the beach at different times of the day. I think the hotel would be a perfect destination for a relaxed romantic getaway for people who love the sun and the beach. The staff were largely friendly and the house band did an excellent array of cover tunes! I’d definitely recommend this hotel for the location alone!

Stayed: February 2018, travelled on business
2  Thank Nathan H
Nicole S, Public Relations Manager at Indian Ocean Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 22 March 2018

Dear Nathan H,
Thank you for choosing to stay at Indian Ocean Lodge, and most of all thank you for sharing your experience with us. Yes, we agree that we are not a modern hotel but this is also one of ways of bringing the authentic island escape feel to our guests.
Your recommdations on the ocopus and sunsets will surely be appreciate dby other readers, we couldn't agree with you more.
We hope to see you again soon,