“Very good”

Cuisines: Cafe, New Zealand
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 13 September 2017 via mobile

The Food is worth the trip out of town. Great atmosphere, greetings when you arrive, quick service. Perfect poached eggs, very good baked desserts.

Reviewed 9 September 2017 via mobile

We visited here for a Sunday breakfast. Lovely location with good facilities for children. We ordered a full breakfast each but to get an extra side of toast it was $5. We had to ask for butter for the toast as this was not provided. I asked for tomotoe ketchup and when I got the bill I was charged $2 for a tiny bit of sauce after paying $22 per breakfast. We then got take away coffees and I was charge and extra $.50cent per coffee to take it away.

Reviewed 4 September 2017 via mobile

The Lily Pad is just down the road from where I live, which means my mother and I frequent it often, and I must say, I have never been disappointed by the food. They cater for everyone, providing tasty vegan and vegetarian meals as well as dairy and gluten free options - not to mention their expansive range of cabinet delights !

However, if I were to fault The Lily Pad in anyway, it would be the coffee. Rather so so, and never quite the right temperature; so if you're after the Waikato's best cuppa, I would recommend elsewhere. Although, imo, the delicious food and the rustic, vibrant art-filled atmosphere makes up for it tenfold.

Reviewed 26 August 2017

At our recent visit we had a mixed experience. The venue is lovely especially on a beauiful day with a garden to wander and the Garden Art Studio to explore. It wasn't especially busy so we were surprised at how long it took for our order to arrive. We had spent time with staff sorting out food that would be garlic free due to an intolerance. It was disappointing to find that when our meal finally arrived it had to be sent back as the aioli contained garlic. By the time the food was returned the fries were cold & soggy.
On a more positive note the sweet options we had were delicious. It was difficult to choose as everything looked yummy. The coffee was okay but having to pay an extra 80c for soy seemed excessive.

Reviewed 2 August 2017

Today for lunch I had pea and feta soup with toasted sour dough. Delicious! Attractively presented and tasted great. Snug inside on a chilly Waikato day.