“Hangry no more!”
Review of Good Union

Good Union
Ranked #24 of 58 Restaurants in Cambridge
Reviewed 19 October 2017 via mobile

Good thing my gut told me to go and try this resto. I really think it deserves more than the 3/5 star reviews here. Our trip would have been worse if we have gone somewhere else! I love their cool interiors (instagram worthy I must say!) friendly and accomodating staff and ofcourse, the food! I requested for a non dairy option and they were happy to sub some ingredients in my order. Too bad I am on a strict diet so I wasn't able to try their homebrew ciders. Parking is easy because it's proximal to the Cambridge park/lake.

suzanne H, General Manager at Good Union, responded to this reviewResponded 15 November 2017

Thank you for visiting us here at Good Union! We are glad you enjoyed your experience and that our staff looked after your dietary requirements, the team look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 18 October 2017

Lovely venue for a night out after work. The staff were all lovely and attentive but Sadly the food was distinctly average.

1  Thank faussett1
suzanne H, General Manager at Good Union, responded to this reviewResponded 19 October 2017

Hi, thank you for your review, would you be able to email me on sue@goodunion.co.nz as we would like to know why the food was distinctly average. We strive to make our customers experience the best it can be and we need to have constructive feedback to work on please or otherwise this feedback is pointless.
Kind regards
sue

Reviewed 12 October 2017

Yes we ate at Good Union 2 days in a row. I recommend the beer battered fish and chips, while my partner got the brisket with a side of asparagus. He also got the beer taster set of 6 beers, be careful with this one as they were quite large samples meaning I had to drive but all good.
The waitress were lovely and the service was quick. A bit on the higher end of our budget but it was lovely.

suzanne H, General Manager at Good Union, responded to this reviewResponded 15 October 2017

Thank you for your review, we are glad you had such a great time with us here at Good Union, and visiting us two days in a row that's fantastic! we look forward to seeing you again !

Reviewed 9 October 2017 via mobile

Many of you ladies out there will appreciate what I am about to say......it is not always easy to find a good spot to eat and have a drink when you are a solo woman of "a certain age ".
Well Good Union in Cambridge has ticked all the boxes for me. Great food, nice spot to sample a brew and a place I felt both comfortable and welcome. The hostess and staff on this busy Monday night were great and the food was just yumm. I started with a very tasty Ginger Beer while I waited for my food and then tucked in to a tender juicy rare steak with blue cheese melting into the surface and teamed with beautifully fresh broccolini and chips. They had sadly run out if the potato rosti but the chips were great. I had the recommended IPA with my meal and the two sure worked well together.
I am often in town on family business and many times I call in and enjoy a tasty meal at this charming repurposed church.

suzanne H, Owner at Good Union, responded to this reviewResponded 16 November 2017

Thank you for your review and glad you had such a great experience with us here at Good Union. We look forward to seeing you again and to try our homemade potato rosti!

Reviewed 8 October 2017 via mobile

Myrtle and I love coming here for a leisurely lunch over the weekend and today was not a disappointment.
The staff are caring and when asked will light the gas heaters just to help take the edge off.
Ginger beer is the best I have ever tried and I’m hooked now.
Jerusalem salad with cous cous mighty fine too.

suzanne H, General Manager at Good Union, responded to this reviewResponded 9 October 2017

Hi Viv and Myrtle, thank you so much for your feedback, and we are glad that you love what we do here at Good Union ! We are looking forward to the summer days out in the beer garden, drinking ginger beer .... not long to wait now!