“Excellent food, service and atmosphere ”

Erik's Gyros & International Deli
Ranked #7 of 87 Restaurants in Luquillo
Price range: US$8 - US$25
Cuisines: Deli, Greek, International
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner
Description: Great Greek Breakfast deal + cubanos+gyros+pasta+paellas
Reviewed 6 July 2017 via mobile

This little bistro type eatery has a lot going for itself. A large wine selection to choose from to start your meal off, or a fantastic cup of coffee. The place is quite small but seating was plentiful as we enjoyed an early dinner before returning to our vacation house. The AC in the place is huge -- there's definitely no way you will be too hot there!

While our order was not delivered quickly, it was wonderful when it arrived, and was made with fresh ingredients. Hungry people in a hurry to eat fast food here and get on with their day won't enjoy this place. People without a full agenda, time to enjoy conversation with their eating companions, won't regret the time spent here.

I ordered the gyro and my granddaughter ordered the turkey club pita. The pita bread is fantastic. It's warm, thick and brushed with butter. I could have made a meal with just the pita. The gyro was awesome, all the right ingredients and balanced to perfection. Plenty of the flavorful meat too. My granddaughter ordered fries with hers, and as the picture illustrates, she had to eat her way through the stack to get to her delicious sandwich. No complaints from a picky 21 year old?! She loved the homemade hot sauce provided as well. Neither of us could finish our meals.

I highly recommend Erik's to the target individual described above, and look forward to my next visit there.

Reviewed 29 June 2017 via mobile

One of the best breakfast I have had. Price is according to the plate size. Accessible from the highway. And great service.

Reviewed 24 June 2017 via mobile

Ate here for a late lunch to escape the overpriced crap food at our resort. It was worth the trip into Luquillo. We were greeted warmly and relaxed while waiting for our gyro & shawarma. Like many places in PR, staff seems to be on "island time" but if you can slow yourself down and settle in, the food is worth the wait. Soak up some cold AC and try the truqueo gyro, which is a regular gyro made special with the addition of hummus and feta.

Reviewed 23 May 2017

Nice portions, good food, great coffee, and expresso drinks by bi-lingual servers. Quaint, a nice place for families and friends. Good choice of bottled beer and respectable moderately priced wine.
The lamb is a processed lamb loaf like at Disney World but I enjoy their use of it in great gyros and a great Greek breakfast. Go!

Reviewed 16 May 2017 via mobile

Nice little place. Friendly staff...initially. We sat down ordered food quickly and then waited for over an hr. Watching people come and go. When I questioned the completion of our gyros, remember it's a gyro place , I was told they are just about to put them together. Blew my mind. We paid and took them to go.

Fortunately the food was great.

Call ahead or prepare to sit for a long time.