“Amazing food & service!!”

A Fuego Bar & Restaurant
Ranked #50 of 91 Restaurants in Luquillo
Price range: US$9 - US$45
Description: Aromatic mix of herbs and spices, used as a base of flavoring and seasoning to the Puerto Rican cuisine.
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We had the pleasure of trying the paella and churrasco on our first visit to A Fuego, the food was simply AMAZING, Jancarlo our server was one of the friendliest/courteous servers we had in our visit, we ended up going back 2 more times for the carrucho and pork chops, every plate was authentic, so tasteful and excellent pricing, wish we would've found this place sooner!! Can't wait to be back!! Thank you A Fuego and Jancarlo!!!

Date of visit: November 2018

Reviewed 14 August 2018

Went to this place on recommendations of good food from #50 kiosk. However we did not know the #50 place had moved. We decided to try the place as my children were hungry after walking the length of the kiosks.

When we entered the place we were seated by the host and two waiters. Nice. However they disappeared after pushing our chairs in. I believe one must have been the cook and the other was the dishwasher.

Several minutes later we received menus and ordered our drinks. My son ordered a hamburger medium and the rest of us ordered salads other simple cooked items.

An hour + later the food arrived. My sons burger was so well done and hard as a rock. It literally looked like a piece of charcoal. When spoke with the waiter he offered to exchange it. My son then decided on something quick (or so he thought) so he ordered rice which took another 30 minutes.

When we received our bill they charged for the burger. I questioned the waiter who said management will NOT remove it from the bill.

Do not waste your time and disappoint your taste buds and wallet, there are WAY to many other restaurants to eat in this area !

1  Thank Nobsopinion
Reviewed 12 August 2018 via mobile

The views from upstairs are great. It's oceanfront and the breeze is awesome. The drinks are great. Service was good and quick. Food was average; nothing to write home about, but no complaints.

Reviewed 12 August 2018

The costumer service is so bad you can not find something worst, it is a mix of bad attitude, we had to wait for more than one hour for our order which was not what we asked for and 2 of us were left with out anythig. The waiters were so rude to say the less and at the end they try to charge for food we never had NO GO there is no fire there

Reviewed 10 August 2018

While visiting Puerto Rico I always try to stay with the local cuisine and not so much the tourist areas. Since I was staying a little ways out of San Juan, I decided to venture even farther east of the island. I traveled out past the Rain Forest access and came to the little town of Luquillo. Off to the left was a small strip area full of restaurants and bars. I traveled further east but decided I want to go back and experience some of the local entertainment. Walking down the strip they had plenty of music. There were a few pool halls present and I would gather by the signage that they had a very busy daytime crown because of the beach behind them. There were signs of Jet ski rentals and ect. In the beginning there were a lot of fried foods. Chicken and pork mostly and of course plantains. That is when I discovered seafood my one weakness.

The waiter was very friendly. He was more than happy to seat us. As we came in there was a large tank in the middle of the floor that you could see a lot of very large Spiny Lobster. This is something we can not get in West Virginia so I had to jump on this. The waiter took me to the tank to chose my dinner. I didn't want to go overboard so I chose a simple 2 pounder. The waiter reached into the tank very carefully with a gloved hand. He grabbed one of the spiny's feelers and began to stroke it and it relaxed. He was able to pull it out of the tank without a battle. He handed it to me to hold for a few minutes so that he could take a picture, and then he showed me back to my table and he went off to the kitchen.

Of course being in a tropical paradise you have to have the Mojitos. Very pleasant and very smooth. Appetizers were brought out and then our dinner. Still the waiter was very pleasant and kept checking back as we were eating to make sure we did not need anything. The food was very nicely done, tasted fantastic, and great atmosphere.

I go to San Juan a few times a year so this will be on my future visits list a place you will want to check out.

Date of visit: June 2018