All reviews jack sprat abalone pelican bar pizza mussels ys falls the salt water pool laid back yoga retreat outdoor shower black river hope house seafood captain joseph rum punch hour drive honeymoon suite
Reviewed 8 February 2018

This place feels good as soon as you go in. It must be a nice place to work as the staff are very positive and cheerful. The position is terrific on a secluded rocky bay. Wonderful for pelican watching. Swimming from the pier is good and safe with a ng insulation in attendance. The restaurant has a limited menu but we had several excellent meals. Great cocktails also. But there is little ceiling insulation in the downstairs rooms, so you need good neighbours. And. Our room Cowrie4 had some noisy electrical equipment very close by. Quiet at night but irritating during the day.

But we would happily go back.

Date of stay: February 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
3  Thank Oliverjulian
Reviewed 31 January 2018

We, I and my wife Carla, spent two weeks at Jake's. It was a dream, really. The site is fantastic, the room is a boat inside the sea that arrives under the terrace, with a family of Pelicans that flies over the sea from dawn to sunset. All the Personnel is kind and nice, and the food is quite fantastic. GM David is a very nice person, and we wish to thank him for his speech about his father and the habits of Jamaican people. I don't know if we'll go back there, but surely we can't forget these weeks there.
Marco and Carla

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
4  Thank Marco C
Reviewed 30 January 2018

While I visited many years ago, I think Jake's is great. Not typically, not tourist...rustic, naturally beautiful and real. Recommend Jake's if you like off the beaten track, enjoy the quiet and quaint.

Date of stay: February 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
4  Thank sayitlikeitis2013
Reviewed 20 January 2018 via mobile

Jakes is a lovely bohemian/boutique hotel set in a very nice ground. Rooms are nice and our private deck overseen the Caribbean Sea was awesome. Unfortunately the service and the overall welcoming lucked expectations. Jakes is not cheap and for that price I would have expected better: the bed was extremely uncomfortable, the wooden deck had nails sticking out which would be very dangerous for any one plus...you get charged for everything! Which is rather unwelcoming and upsetting knowing what you are paying already. Breakfast is not included and even a glass of milk for my daughter was charged to our room. The cocktails were very bad too. I don’t have a problem paying good money for something is worth it but a place needs to match expectation or at least make you feel welcome. No complementary drinks were offered on our arrival and we felt every opportunity was good to add more to our bill. All of this left ya with a slightly bitter taste about the place. Would breakfast being included, would they offer a welcoming drink or a juice/milk for my baby and took care of nails sticking out ...our stay would have been fine. Sure, we enjoyed the tranquillity of the place and the bohemian settings but when also you show me a price for a massage and then at the end of it you had almost double the amount due to taxes etc....well, yes I get pissed off and I feel miss lead. Not sure I would go back.

Trip type: Travelled with family
5  Thank loretta m
Reviewed 19 January 2018

Jake's is beautifully and thoughtfully created, a joy to stay here. We quickly realised that by staying here it was well away from many of the big tourist attractions of Jamaica and made a conscious decision to stay put at Treasure Beach and completely relax. We stayed for 10 nights and loved every single minute, the seafront at Jakes was perfect for swimming, snorkelling and watching the sunset from the pier with a Rum n'Ting! A short walk to the West took us past Jack Sprats, the achingly gorgeous Buttonwood Tree, over crab filled rocks to Frenchman's Reef and an amazing beach for swimming and sunbathing. Driftwood Spa was a delight and Yoga with Empress Thandi looking out across the Caribbean sea from the lofty studio with Pelicans flying past is a never to be forgotten experience. The team at Jake's were warm, helpful and always ready with a smile and helpful advice. The local people were so friendly and we left knowing that this was a place we'd one day return to as it felt like home.

4  Thank nemg2014