See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 12 February 2017 via mobile

So I'll start by saying that very little about this place came as a surprise to me. I did my research prior and I knew not to expect anything luxurious. So the positives first. The Lodges are exactly like the pictures, cute little tropical looking buildings with very nice balconies overlooking the village, mountains in the distance and a bit of sea and palm trees. The Lodges are little apartments with separate bedroom, kitchenette and living room with tv. Ceiling fans only, no AC but in my opinion the fans were more than adequate. Rate we paid on Expedia was reasonable. That's about where the positives end. Pack as light as you can for this trip, lots of steep, often slippery steps to climb, no help. You will hardly see another soul during your stay, so there is a creepiness to that. We were the only guests except for two travelers that spent a night. We never ate dinner at the restaurant and apparently neither did anyone else. Saddest sight ever, one employee just sitting at at a table each night, waiting for someone to show up but nobody ever did. It always shut down early. If you like to enjoy a drink at the bar after your days out you won't enjoy here. There's no ambiance at all, it's a shame. 1st night husband ordered run punches and girl had no idea how to make one. Then he bought water and she had to call someone to find out how much. But to be fair, she could be new. Back to the room. Pull out couch was broken and therefore maybe long enough for a 10 year old to sleep on but not an adult. Dead lizard in the window. Toilet is a joke. I'll spare the details but depending on what you need to do you might just want to wait til you reach a public restroom because the flush is a joke. Shower water pressure is awful, this is common throughout the Caribbean but this might have been the worst I've seen and I've been to a lot of islands. It's manageable but you will be grateful to get home to your shower. As for the pool, it kinda grossed me out. Green, stagnant water, very un-inviting. My husband went in and had an ok time but I couldn't bring myself to. Last but not least, breakfast. Odd experience, being the only guests and the owner, Peter, sits right next to you while you eat. Makes you feel like you have to talk low, felt a little self conscious. Not a lot of choices on menu. It was ok, very basic. Toast was a little chewy and forget the butter, tastes like blue cheese. Good coffee, piping hot too. The Lodges are about a ten minute walk from area restaurants and about 25 minutes walk to the nearest swimming beach at red rocks. Any other beaches and you'll need a car. There's no taxis around unless pre-arranged so u will need to either walk or get a car. Dominica is beautiful but if I ever returned I would stay somewhere else. The Lodges served their purpose but as others have stated, it clearly lost the magic it supposedly once had and there are places nearby trying a lot harder.

Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank kitten11694
Reviewed 7 January 2017

Calibishie welcomes visitors with flowers planted along side the roads. this in itself makes you feel so happy. The Lodge itself makes you even more happy. one thing though, the staff is limited. Looking for a quiet place, then you got it right here at calibishie Lodges

Stayed: August 2016
2  Thank Katie L
Reviewed 5 January 2017

There other places in town trying a lot harder. The staff seemed quiet and unmotivated. My sheets and towels were old and stained. There is no air conditioning and I decided not to use the fan because I genuinely feared that it was going pop off the ceiling and decapitate me.

Stayed: December 2016
Reviewed 19 December 2016 via mobile

Was in Calibishi Lodges for four evenings. The second nigth, during dinner, all cash was stolen. Nobody saw anything and I am still awaiting the police to come that, so said the owner, was called by him. At the end we got a discount, probably because of other complaints we had, too much to mention.

Stayed: December 2016, travelled with friends
2  Thank amjaycourt
Reviewed 29 November 2016

100% relaxing. Great food and very friendly staff / owner. From here it is a short walk to the sea. I was lucky in that this location is close to 2 surf spots. It is very quiet and peaceful with a natural surrounding. A 3 minute stroll will take you to a local market for small items or snacks.
Clean, comfortable, and beautiful!
(travel date was August 2011)

• Stayed: December 2015, travelled on business