All reviews carol ann rooms are spacious every morning location is great gazebo hostess village cleanliness studio dominica cottage hurricane comfort coast hike locals
Reviewed 12 September 2017

My husband and I arrived at Jacoway for a two night stay but ended up staying an extra two nights. The rooms were like studios with all you could want for comfort. We are travelers and are very particular about cleanliness and bedding. The sheets were fresh and cleaned I suspect they were just freshly taken off the line before our arrival. The bed itself was nice and firm and we could tell Carolann took pride in her bedding. Another reason we decided to stay a few extra nights was the location. Jacoway is located just above the village of Calabishi. Where they have a Saturday fruit and vegetable market in the morning. There is a couple of real fun bars and the locals are so welcoming. The restaurant they call Austries or Coral Reef is a great little store to shop but if you walk out back they have a great restaurant that serves fresh local fish right from the sea. They also have a bar there. This place is open 7 days a week for shopping breakfast, lunch and dinner or a local rum.. The location is great because it offers everything and is very close to Spanny Falls. Carolann even made us some sandwiches for the hike. My husband and I felt that we had great value for our money especially with the complimentary hot breakfast every morning under the Gazebo.
Our studio was very affordable and extremely comfortable.

Room tip: We stayed in Skylark and could see the lights of Guadaloupe at night from the patio.
Date of stay: August 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank daynamcquire
Reviewed 18 April 2017 via mobile

Had a lovely time staying in the cottage. Carol-Ann is very hospitable and will go above and beyond for her guests.

The cottage is a small, separate building just beside Carol-Ann's own house. It has a living/dining space, a bedroom, an outdoor kitchen and a bathroom. I would classify the cottage as up-scale "glamping" - the space is clean and comfortable. You do have to keep toilet paper out of the toilet, and turn on the hot water when needed. If you're looking for something a bit more luxurious, Carol-Ann does have two other apartment style rooms. The cottage however is extremely affordable and a great value for the money.

The optional breakfast for $15 American per person is AMAZING and I highly recommend it.

Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank zenaritten
Reviewed 11 April 2017

Carol Ann was a very welcoming host. She kindly drove us to town for supplies and took us and our luggage to the bus stop when we checked out.
We stayed in the ground floor of the yellow cottage and it was the perfect size, very clean and had the right equipment for us to do simple meals.
The location was great, partway up a hill and very close to the village. Very quiet and peaceful for sleeping.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 March 2017

Spent a week here at the end of February. As regards the inn itself there is nothing really to add to the excellent reviews, do remember it is a B&B and not a hotel. People rave about the breakfasts, they are more like brunches generally something cooked, then something sweet - fresh fruit or similar all served with the excellent homemade breads. Two things I would like to focus to:

Where it is in location to the village itself. Is it up a hill off the main road. It is a gentle ten minute walk. Immediately at the bottom of the hill is one of the two supermarkets in the village - it is well stocked. Its location means that it is very peaceful.

Getting round the island. I was a single traveller without transport, and getting round the island was part of the fun of my stay. If you stand by the side of the road somebody will soon stop for you - either one of the 'buses' - generally a minivan - pile in and pay EC$5, or a passing driver. perfectly safe and a great way to meet the locals or a visiting foreigner.

If you want a peaceful beach go to Escape a bar which is on a beach 20 minutes walk away - awesome.

Room tip: I had the room on the top floor - wonderful
Date of stay: February 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 12 March 2017 via mobile

I booked Jacoway Inn our last night in Dominica because it is near the airport. Unfortunately we were not able to explore more the Calibishie area before sunset because it took us a long time to get to the north part of the island from South/center due to blocked highways (mudslides & flooding main highways). We also had early morning flight so missed breakfast.

The room was comfortable and has full kitchen - great to prepare meals for longer stays. It was very clean and the towels/linens smelled fresh and clean.

The only negatives were that there was no hot water (apparently house uses solar heat but the island had not had much sunshine in many days) and the window shades are very thin/transparent lacking for privacy or ability to sleep in if desired.

Overall a great option for lodging in the area and good value.

Date of stay: March 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
jacowayinn, Owner at Jacoway Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 14 March 2017

Hi Tam,
Thank you for the positive review. We have new curtains on order, should be installed soon.
Sorry about no hot water as it is solar and it had been raining for 4 days! We cannot get hot water storage tanks here so I guess I will have to install a hot water heater. Hope this won't put the room rate up!
Next trip, spend a few days in our area, you will love it and I would like to treat you to breakfast, on me!
All the best