“Awesomely Fantastic Restaurant ”
Review of Lochcarron Bistro

Lochcarron Bistro
Ranked #1 of 5 Restaurants in Lochcarron
Price range: US$13 - US$53
Cuisines: Scottish
Good for: Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 15 June 2018 via mobile

This venue was recommended to us, by some other friends..

What a fantastic; relaxed Bistro.

Great assorted menu
Great attentive and knowledgeable staff

Highly recommended to anyone who loves hearty portioned fresh seafood or fresh meat..

A real ‘must do’ if you live in the area, or like us - just staying overnight

Well done to the owner & staff, for providing great food and service too..

1  Thank paulwoolaway

Reviewed 11 June 2018

My wife and I were in Lochcarron saw the bistro was open that night so tried for a table for two - success and a very good decision. Everything was delicious. We both enjoyed the haggis and black pudding fritter - unusual but very tasty. I chose the `Shetland blue shell mussels - it comes with bread and butter to soak up the sauce. The selection contained several smoked mussels - a bit darker and meatier and very strikingly smoked. A new taste for me. My wifes main dish was well received. There were so many mussels I couldn't eat them all and had to forego a dessert. My wife's frangipane was delicious. And all at very reasonable prices for the quality of the food.

1  Thank smudge0806
Reviewed 29 May 2018 via mobile

Ate hear on the final night of a 4 night stay in this glorious part of the UK.

The menu is split equally between seafood and meat with a small vegetarian choice, but as I'm about as far away from a vegetarian as is possible that wasn't a problem for me!

Had a veritable pile of smoked salmon with oatcakes for starter which was lovely followed by Pork loin for main. Both dishes were presented in a stylish but unfussy way and were delicious. My 4 eating companions were equally as pleased with their selections.

Although full after my main the reasonable price tempted me to finish off with a pudding so I went for the relatively light Lemon tart which maintained the high standard set by the previous courses.

The young waiting staff were very friendly and helpful but not good at arithmetic undercharging but around £30 on our bill! However such was the satisfaction with our meal we had no hesitation in pointing out the error and adding on a decent tip.

NB. The restaurant is quite small, seating around 25 people so advance booking strongly recommended.

4  Thank Simon B
Reviewed 9 May 2018 via mobile

We have been in this restaurant about 10 months ago before our recent visit and we where not disappointed it was fantastic before and just as good now
The starters and especially the main course of white fish scallops mussels smoked fish hot and cold herring squid salmon langoustines crab clams and of course home made chips
Washed down with the excellent local craft beer

2  Thank Maclean290
Reviewed 6 May 2018 via mobile

An unremarkable place but where you eat very well.
The beef is very tasty, well cooked and you have plenty of choices between sea food and meat.
Service is pretty quick and it's a good value for money.