“Exceptional eatery”

Cuisines: Scottish
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 29 May 2018 via mobile

Ate hear on the final night of a 4 night stay in this glorious part of the UK.

The menu is split equally between seafood and meat with a small vegetarian choice, but as I'm about as far away from a vegetarian as is possible that wasn't a problem for me!

Had a veritable pile of smoked salmon with oatcakes for starter which was lovely followed by Pork loin for main. Both dishes were presented in a stylish but unfussy way and were delicious. My 4 eating companions were equally as pleased with their selections.

Although full after my main the reasonable price tempted me to finish off with a pudding so I went for the relatively light Lemon tart which maintained the high standard set by the previous courses.

The young waiting staff were very friendly and helpful but not good at arithmetic undercharging but around £30 on our bill! However such was the satisfaction with our meal we had no hesitation in pointing out the error and adding on a decent tip.

NB. The restaurant is quite small, seating around 25 people so advance booking strongly recommended.

4  Thank Simon B

Reviewed 9 May 2018 via mobile

We have been in this restaurant about 10 months ago before our recent visit and we where not disappointed it was fantastic before and just as good now
The starters and especially the main course of white fish scallops mussels smoked fish hot and cold herring squid salmon langoustines crab clams and of course home made chips
Washed down with the excellent local craft beer

2  Thank Maclean290
Reviewed 6 May 2018 via mobile

An unremarkable place but where you eat very well.
The beef is very tasty, well cooked and you have plenty of choices between sea food and meat.
Service is pretty quick and it's a good value for money.

Reviewed 5 May 2018 via mobile

I had been to the Bistro previously but this time I was organising a group of TVR owners on the North Coast 500 and got in touch with the Bistro to see if he could accommodate 14 of us including 3 vegans for dinner. Stephen and his staff could not have been more welcoming and we had a great evening of fantastic food, wine and merriment. I can’t recommend this place enough not sure which leaves you with the best impression, the welcome or the food, either way pay this little restaurant a visit, you won’t be disappointed.

2  Thank Michael2824
Reviewed 4 May 2018 via mobile

Generous tasty meals. Relatively small menu which always bodes well as doing a few things well always good. Starters of seafood chowder and smoked salmon were great. Main courses of burger and venison went down a treat. Chips really chunky and crisp. Very friendly staff. Busy small concern . Ate here 3 years ago and will definately come back if in the area

3  Thank iainmcleod