1,091 results
All reviews market square function room friendly hotel coaching inn the pub large room superior room short break cleveland way lovely town lovely food salmon evening meal a lovely stay sunday lunch visiting helmsley lovely room
Reviewed 15 January 2018

Excellent location, lovely room with everything you need for a short break. The bar and restaurant were very welcoming and excellent service provided. We will definitely return in the future and would recommend

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Feathers H, Manager at The Feathers Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 January 2018

Thank you for your recent review. We look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 15 January 2018

Enjoyed a 2 night break with my wife last Thursday & Friday.
Stayed in classic room which was cosy and vey clean.
The bar and bar staff were welcoming and we positioned ourselves to take full advantage of the roaring open fire! The locals in the bar were also very friendly.
We used the restaurant on both nights and the food was excellent.
Special mention to Matty who (with the help of reception) surprised us both with a glass of fizz to help celebrate my wife's birthday, totally unexpected and a nice touch.
We will be returning during the summer months.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you for your recent review and we are happy to hear you had a lovely stay and birthday with us. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future. Many thanks, Tracy

Reviewed 13 January 2018

Had an excellent short break. Couldn't fault anything. The staff were really helpful and friendly. The room was comfortable and everywhere was spotlessly clean. Food was delicious. Would definitely be going back.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you for your recent review.
We look forward to welcoming you back soon :)

Reviewed 11 January 2018

We would definitely recommend the Feathers. It has a friendly, cozy feel to it. All the staff who served us were efficient and very friendly, our room had a view straight over the square (No 11) and the bed was lovely and big and very comfortable. We were booked in bed and breakfast and chose to eat our evening meal here too - we were not disappointed; the belly pork was the best I've ever tasted!

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Feathers H, Manager at The Feathers Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 January 2018

Thank you for your recent review for The Feathers, Helmsley.
We are happy to hear you had a lovely stay with us. Look forward to seeing you in the future. Best wishes, Tracy

Reviewed 11 January 2018

Fantastic night away before Christmas with the hubby!
The location of the hotel is brilliant, right in the main square, I have visited Helmsley many times but never stayed, but I would definitely stay at the Feathers again.
Room was lovely, having been newly redecorated I believe, I was a big fan of the décor, so much so that I may decorate my own bedroom in the same theme (Stag print & cosy furs). I also loved the special touches of the diffusers and toiletries!
We had a few drinks in the bar, which has a lovely, homely and cosy atmosphere, although not too many people in when we were there (20 December).
We booked a meal in the restaurant and again, could not fault the food, it was delicious and reasonably priced.
All of the staff we dealt with were very friendly and helpful and a special mention to Mary who phoned me after we had left the hotel to let me know that we had left something behind, she arranged straight away for this to be sent on to me at home which I thought was a lovely gesture.
I would definitely stay again at the Feathers, might give it a try in Summer next time!

Date of stay: December 2017
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you for your lovely review. We are very happy to hear you had a lovely stay with us and like to new décor.
We look forward to welcoming you back to The Feathers.