US$128
Free cancellation until 27/07
US$126
US$122
Savings alert! 15% below average rates

The price you found is 15% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$144/night.

Free cancellation until 26/07
US$119
US$115
De Twentse Nar(De Lutte)(Great Value!)
US$89
Free cancellation until 28/07
US$107
US$104
Hotels.com
Hotel De Schout(Denekamp)(Great Value!)
US$113
US$98
Free cancellation until 29/07
US$116
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 2 February 2017

When I went here with my boyfriend we used a deal done by our local drugstore Kruidvat. It was just 10 euro's per person per night excluding administration and breakfast. So in total it cost us around 50 euro's for one night, which I found a pretty good deal. The room was clean, the location ideal for a nice wintery walk and Oldenzaal is at a walkable distance if you want to go to the cafe 'De Engel' with 120 different beers and have missed the last bus into town.

The breakfast was plentiful and nice as well, and the staff were friendly.

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 October 2016

This hotel has clean simple accommodations designed from an era gone, but without feeling too dated. The rooms are good sized with a desk, a table and chairs, a flat screen tv, and plenty of storage in the closet and headboard behind the bed. There are lights directly over the bed which is nice for reading. The location is really pretty, surrounded by green grassy farms interrupted only by seemingly untouched forests.

Room Tip: Relaxing countryside, bike paths directly out front, quiet surroundings.
  • Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 October 2015 via mobile

I have stayed in this hotel eight times over the last twenty-five years when visiting friends, and the reason I keep coming back is that it is a quality hotel with great helpful staff and it is value for money.
My latest stay I booked two rooms for five nights bed and breakfast and I had change from £450. Bargain.
Yes it needs renovating and it has no tea and coffee making facilities in the room but the all you can eat continental breakfast with bacon and eggs and the usual cheeses and cold meats is very good.
The hotel is in a quiet area in the countryside that is great for cycling holidays and running and is within easy reach of the lovely towns of Hengelo and Oldenzaal and only an hour's drive to Munster in Germany.
I will definitely be staying here again

Stayed: October 2015, travelled with friends
Reviewed 21 May 2015

The comments of several visitors are not overdone: this hotel is like an old lady that keeps up her old socks and hopes people will love her looks. I booked a single room, the TV didn't work and I was upgraded to a comfort room (#8). The walls, well, yes, poor. The bathroom is what my mother considered modern in the 60-ies. The matresses, ready to be replaced. But the TV worked. Compared to other rooms and other breakfasts in other hotels in the Hengelo-region, the price/quality ratio is poor. Hence I give 2 stars for the first time. My heart bleeds, but some people have to be honest and tell it like it is.

• Stayed: May 2015, travelled on business
Reviewed 3 October 2012

we chose this because the web site makes a big play about the old hotel, which we thought was great. That doesn't exist. The hotel is more like a campanile. Pretty basic, I even had to ask for a hair dryer- I thought they were pretty standard these days.
Really poor meal in the restarant.
Pity really, as the staff were great, and it is in a lovely location.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business