We have recently returned from this hotel in Gran Canaria , the food was very good,the staff are excellent, and we had a relaxing time. However the cleanliness of the bedrooms and some of the public areas could have been better, we often saw bits of paper, tissues and bits of food in the corridors and on the flights of stairs between floors. These were left for days and the cleaners past these, every day. The first day we arrived, our room had small beetles, we told reception and they sent the cleaner up, who left us an insecticied spray. In retrospect, we should have asked for another room there and then, but we had unpacked the cases and thought they would disappear after spraying. Unfortunately I spent nearly the whole fortnight spraying every other day. There also appeared to be a sickness bug going around the hotel and the island, my husband had a virus for 48 hours but wasn't sick, though we did speak to three other people who had had sickness and diarrhoea. We had to fill out a form with the Rep who said that if people don;t tell her she can't report it. I also spoke to a receptionist who told me that some staff had been off sick with a bug and that there had been a virus on the island recently. The hotel is a little shabby in parts and could do with some updating, the staff were great, but sometimes lacked initiative at times, especially when we hired a kettle and built up a selection of teabags, sugar etc and one day when a cleaner removed it all except for the kettle the receptionist said I had to get a note from them in Spanish so that the cleaner left our teabags etc alone. This was ok, but they never once offered to have replacements sent up to the room, I had to go to the communal areas to replenish our stock.
Finally if you are unfit or old this is not the hotel for you, it is on top of a hill, there is a courtesy bus which stops outside the hotel regularly, to take you to the beach, but if you want to go to the local shops you have to climb a steep hill to get to them. I am giving this hotel four stars only because three stars is Average and despite the problems I think the hotel is slightly better than Average, however I do not think we will return and it has not put me off Riu hotels and we have been in a number of them and they are normally very good.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The All Inclusive ClubHotel Riu Vistamar is completely refurbished in 2017, is located in the south of Gran Canaria on a cliff above the ocean and affords fantastic panoramic views. Amadores Beach is located 2 km away (complimentary hotel bus to the beach during the day). The 5-storey main building features 475 rooms and a pool for babies and two outdoor swimming pools for luxuriating in the warm climate of the Canary Islands on your holiday. Our entertainment programs include activities and live shows that will assure you plenty of fun during your stay and kids will be able to enjoy the RiuLand kids’ club, which organizes special activities. Our hotel has a gym, a volley ball court and the RiuFit program for our more athletic guests. In the Amadores restaurant, we offer breakfasts at the buffet with live cooking stations; at the Kai restaurant, delicious Asian dishes; and at Sea Breeze, the best recipes from Canarian cuisine. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Alpha Holidays Limited, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, LoveHolidays, TravelUp, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK) and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your ClubHotel Riu Vistamar reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- ClubHotel Riu Vistamar Puerto Rico, Gran Canaria
- Club Hotel Riu Vistamar
- Clubhotel Riu Vistamar Hotel