we stayed at the altamar last july but felt had to give it a review on here.
we were on all inclusive and couldnt fault the food,good variety,enjoyed every meal we had,although one night we went to the europa for a meal just for a change of surroundings.
the room was great,although the first nights sleep for me was broken due to a very tired and lumpy mattress....asked at reception the next morning if it could be changed,a brand new matress still in its wrapping was at apartment by the time we came back from the shops.everything was clean and tidy and adequate for the price of this aparthotel,although the view from the terrace was priceless,i still miss it now,stunning.
i had read reviews on various websites telling of grumpy bar staff insisting on the 'one drink per person'policy,which it seems would mean we would all have to go up to get our individual drinks...this wasnt the case at all.also read that the lift was forever breaking down,well the week we were there it never failed us.
i wasnt keen on the pool area,everyone seemed to have taken on the german mantra of getting up at the crack of dawn to reserve there beds (i know this as out apartment was directly below the main pool)we headed for the beach or stayed on the glorious terrace!
cant comment on the entertainment as we headed out most evenings to the europa centre which is a short walk away.
we walked down to amadores beach one day,which was hard enough on that steep hill,and ended up walking back up to altamar after our day sunbathing,Not recommended,our 13 yr old daughter powered up the hill but our lungs were fit to burst at the top haha.
would highly recommend puerto rico and the altamar,i would love to come back here in the future.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This emblematic Hotel is located in the high area of Puerto Rico Gran Canaria, it offers 257 fully rebuilt Apartments with wide terrace and impressive views to the sea. We also offer a great variety of services and great equipment for all kind of guest (families, couples, groups, etc...). All that you may require to enjoy an unforgettable holiday. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., Travel Republic (UK), HotelQuickly and Agoda so you can book your Hotel Altamar reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Altamar Aparthotel Hotel Puerto Rico
- Hotel Altamar Puerto Rico, Gran Canaria