“Old World Charm with contemporary amenities”
Review of Villa Le Barone

Villa Le Barone
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 12 August 2017

Villa Le Barone is such a lovely property that we didn't want to leave, even for day trips. My colleague and I took a break from working with American college students abroad, and our stay at Villa Le Barone was like discovering an exquisite oasis. Our rooms were beautifully furnished, and we adored having breakfast and dinner on the outdoor patio. We took full advantage of the gorgeous pool area and honor bar, as well as the many rooms for relaxation and reading. As the property is well situated in the Chianti region, we did manage to leave for some relaxing walks in the countryside and some wine tastings in nearby Panzano. Barbara and Magali at the reception were particularly helpful. Gulia provided excellent dinner service in the evening; she was absolutely delightful, and made ideal recommendations for our dinner selections and wines to accompany them. We left Villa Le Barone feeling relaxed and restored.

Room Tip: There are room options for guests with disabilities. We stayed in two different rooms, and both wer...
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled with friends
CAloisiDeLarderel, Proprietario at Villa Le Barone, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2017

Dear ATS251,

thank you for your review which is complete, elegant and scholarly ... as it's fit for an educator! Villa le Barone is for "connoisseurs" who can appeciate the simple pleasures of life: an elegantly furnished room, a beautiful landscape, an outdoor dinner under the moon, gentle help from another person, ... and apparently you and your colleague are this type of person.

No need for a lengthy answer, but just the assurance that we would with great pleasure host you again hoping to meet you on that occasion.

Yours sincerely,

Reviewed 6 August 2017

Such a beautiful hotel in an amazing setting. The rooms and surroundings were full of character dating back a few hundred years. Staff were very kind and the food was really excellent. Reception also very helpful with organizing trips to the local vinyards.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
CAloisiDeLarderel, Proprietario at Villa Le Barone, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2017

Dear RGZurich,

many thanks for having taken the time to review our hotel ... and given us good marks!

Thank you for highlighting the service offered by our Staff ... many of which have been at Villa le Barone for countless years ... and part of the family! Even younger recruits get quickly in the spirit of making Guests happy and my wife and I are very proud of this.

We look very much forward to hosting you again soon.

Reviewed 5 August 2017

We retuned to this beautiful villa boutique hotel for about the fifteenth time and each year things only get better! The owners told us last summer of their plans to put in a new heated salt water pool during the winter. They managed to do so without ruining the view and surrounding gardens. Everyone raved about it! The small snack cottage was updated with cold drinks, ice cream, and a coffee & cream ice machine. The daily changing dinner menu was improved. The antipasto table items seemed to double with so many now eating dinner on the patio, The desserts choices also expanded making a choice difficult. The wonderful staff return every year so it is like going to see our friends in Chianti each year. We knew this was a special place when we first discovered it! It keeps getting better, if that is possible!

Room Tip: Email or call hotel direct to choose a room as all are different!

Dear Alice,

the only thing I am sorry about your last stay at Villa le Barone is that Jacqueline and I had to head for the farm and saw so little of you and Ben. We are very happy you liked and enjoyed the new infinity pool. We were afraid, while having it built, that it would spoil the charm that the old pool had, but quite the contrary it fits in quite well with the landscape and our Guests spend hours in and around it. The only one unhappy is the bank account of Villa le Barone that has gone significantly down .... but as long as our Guests are happy ... ! Our cold coffee cream machine, we had to have it! ... after having tasted the coffee mousse in a bar in Florence .... and many Guests have also fallen for it!

Thank you also for noticing the improvements on our restaurant where Alessio and Tommaso do their best to offer quality, taste and pleasure.

Jacqueline and I look forward to hosting you a sixteenth time and many more.

All the best,

Corso

Reviewed 31 July 2017

We stayed at Le Barone about twenty years ago and loved it, and we had always hankered for a chance to return. Last week we managed to stay for just two nights and I have to report that it is a delightful place.
The hotel is a beautifully converted old manor house with ancient features retained, comfortable rooms and innumerable public spaces, all with great character. The gardens are extensive and well maintained. There are terraces, lawns, a tennis court (we woke to the distant plink-plonk of hearty Eurofolk exercising), covered parking and a new infinity pool.
Staff are Anglophone, charming and helpful. A generous range of breakfast is offered and the Td’H dinner is better-than-OK if you don’t fancy a trip out into town. The surrounding Chiantishire scenery is lovely.
I have a slight worry that the internal stairs are rather dark and the tread nosings are not well-delineated. A little design input or better lighting might save someone from doing a “Laura Ashley” from top to bottom one day. To quibble bit more, the shower cubicle was really small – I suspect your average Yank wouldn’t fit in!
However, if heaven is half as good as Le Barone, then I will have to start mending my ways! We certainly hope to return again without waiting another couple of decades.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
CAloisiDeLarderel, Proprietario at Villa Le Barone, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2017

Dear Lundydog,

many thanks for reviewing Villa le Barone ater a two decades absence. My wife and I would have loved to speak to you and hear your firdthand remarks. Many people returno to Villa le Barone, some every year, some a bit more infrequently and apparently some 20 years after. I am very glad you saw us still attractive with a character and with several new features.
To readers: we are an old manor conveted into a "family home open to Friends" rather than a hotel and all rooms are well appointed but different, some with larger, some with smaller bathrooms ... so - instead of booking directly- book with us exchanging with our staff at the Reception who is eager to please you in helping you select the room adapted to your needs.
Thank you for your input on the staircase ... we shall have it lighted a bit more efficiently since safety is a must. Thank you for reviewing our restaurant also and - had you stayed a bit longer than just two days- you would have loved the daily changes in the menu without needing to go elsewhere.

My wife and I look forward to meeting you again sometimes soon ... unless you want to meet our heirs twenty years from now!

Reviewed 20 July 2017

Our overall experience at Villa Le Barone was excellent. The service was impeccable and the entire staff was very friendly. The room and bathroom were very clean and pretty. The grounds were gorgeous with amazing views. We loved all of the trees and plants on the property, especially the lemon trees.
We ate at the villa restaurant practically each night that we were there, and the food was delicious. We loved that each day, the chef, Ale, prepared something new and fresh, using home grown foods. I was particularly impressed with how Ale and the entire staff understood my dietary needs as a person with Celiac disease. Ale happily came out of the kitchen to answer any questions that I had. My husband and I also did a cooking class with Ale, which we absolutely loved. We had our own private lesson right inside the kitchen where all of the meals are prepared. We learned so much about the home grown and raised food of the area and we learned a great deal about how to cook properly. The meals were delicious!!! The tiramisu was the best in Italy.
Villa Ale Barone also recommended a local tour guide for our tour of Siena. We had such a great experience that we asked him to come to Florence with us the following day to give us a tour. He was fantastic. We learned so much about those cities, and about how it is to live in Italy.
My husband and I cannot wait to return to Villa Le Barone and spend more time there. Laying in the back of the property with all of the nature around us, and in the infinity pool was heavenly. We had an incredible honeymoon in Italy, and our favorite part was our stay at Villa Le Barone in Chianti.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
CAloisiDeLarderel, Proprietario at Villa Le Barone, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2017

Dear nathaliehernandez04,

I simply don't know how to cope with this review ... I know I should be happy, happy, happy ... but I'm jealous, jealous, jealous!!!! Jokes apart, I am extremely proud of all our staff and of Alessio (Ale) in this case both for his cooking performance together with Tommaso and for his enthusiasm and availability in making you discover Tuscan cooking and Tuscan sights! Bravissimo!!!

I am also very happy you liked our grounds, the sights surrounding our brand new infinity pool and all the rest. I am only sorry that my wife and I did not have a chance to meet you since we have been out this past week.

Please remember that many people come to Villa Le Barone for anniversaries and I wish you a great many in your long happy life! All this being said I kindly forbid you - in spite of your appreciation for Ale - to re christen Villa Le Barone into Villa Ale Barone :=)))

All the best and we hope to see you soon again,

Also consider these accommodations in or near Panzano in Chianti
Castello Vicchiomaggio
#3 of 19 in Greve in Chianti
12.1 km away
Castello di Spaltenna Exclusive Tuscan Resort & Spa
Castello di Spaltenna Exclusive ...
#1 of 8 in Gaiole in Chianti
5.3 km away
Albergo del Chianti
Albergo del Chianti
#6 of 19 in Greve in Chianti

Been to Villa Le Barone? Share your experiences!