Villa Rosa di Boscorotondo(Panzano in Chianti)
US$119
US$106
Villa Sangiovese(Panzano in Chianti)(Great Value!)
US$102
US$99
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$112/night.

Little B&B Della Pieve(Panzano in Chianti)(Great Value!)
US$57
Panzanino(Panzano in Chianti)
US$86
B&B Rosso del Chianti(Panzano in Chianti)
US$140
US$137
Casa Volpini(Panzano in Chianti)
US$86
Agriturismo Podere Felceto(Panzano in Chianti)
US$125
B&B.it
Damario Panorama(Panzano in Chianti)
US$56
B&B La Piazzetta(Panzano in Chianti)(Great Value!)
US$81
Priceline
All reviewshonor barhonesty barantipastimain buildingother guestsrose gardensmagical placefruit treescooking classchianti regioneach eveningmanor houseold worldinfinity poolbeautiful groundsfood is excellentbreakfast and dinner
Reviewed 6 August 2017

Such a beautiful hotel in an amazing setting. The rooms and surroundings were full of character dating back a few hundred years. Staff were very kind and the food was really excellent. Reception also very helpful with organizing trips to the local vinyards.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
CAloisiDeLarderel, Proprietario at Villa Le Barone, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2017

Dear RGZurich,

many thanks for having taken the time to review our hotel ... and given us good marks!

Thank you for highlighting the service offered by our Staff ... many of which have been at Villa le Barone for countless years ... and part of the family! Even younger recruits get quickly in the spirit of making Guests happy and my wife and I are very proud of this.

We look very much forward to hosting you again soon.

Reviewed 5 August 2017

We retuned to this beautiful villa boutique hotel for about the fifteenth time and each year things only get better! The owners told us last summer of their plans to put in a new heated salt water pool during the winter. They managed to do so without ruining the view and surrounding gardens. Everyone raved about it! The small snack cottage was updated with cold drinks, ice cream, and a coffee & cream ice machine. The daily changing dinner menu was improved. The antipasto table items seemed to double with so many now eating dinner on the patio, The desserts choices also expanded making a choice difficult. The wonderful staff return every year so it is like going to see our friends in Chianti each year. We knew this was a special place when we first discovered it! It keeps getting better, if that is possible!

Room Tip: Email or call hotel direct to choose a room as all are different!

Dear Alice,

the only thing I am sorry about your last stay at Villa le Barone is that Jacqueline and I had to head for the farm and saw so little of you and Ben. We are very happy you liked and enjoyed the new infinity pool. We were afraid, while having it built, that it would spoil the charm that the old pool had, but quite the contrary it fits in quite well with the landscape and our Guests spend hours in and around it. The only one unhappy is the bank account of Villa le Barone that has gone significantly down .... but as long as our Guests are happy ... ! Our cold coffee cream machine, we had to have it! ... after having tasted the coffee mousse in a bar in Florence .... and many Guests have also fallen for it!

Thank you also for noticing the improvements on our restaurant where Alessio and Tommaso do their best to offer quality, taste and pleasure.

Jacqueline and I look forward to hosting you a sixteenth time and many more.

All the best,

Corso

Reviewed 31 July 2017

We stayed at Le Barone about twenty years ago and loved it, and we had always hankered for a chance to return. Last week we managed to stay for just two nights and I have to report that it is a delightful place.
The hotel is a beautifully converted old manor house with ancient features retained, comfortable rooms and innumerable public spaces, all with great character. The gardens are extensive and well maintained. There are terraces, lawns, a tennis court (we woke to the distant plink-plonk of hearty Eurofolk exercising), covered parking and a new infinity pool.
Staff are Anglophone, charming and helpful. A generous range of breakfast is offered and the Td’H dinner is better-than-OK if you don’t fancy a trip out into town. The surrounding Chiantishire scenery is lovely.
I have a slight worry that the internal stairs are rather dark and the tread nosings are not well-delineated. A little design input or better lighting might save someone from doing a “Laura Ashley” from top to bottom one day. To quibble bit more, the shower cubicle was really small – I suspect your average Yank wouldn’t fit in!
However, if heaven is half as good as Le Barone, then I will have to start mending my ways! We certainly hope to return again without waiting another couple of decades.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
CAloisiDeLarderel, Proprietario at Villa Le Barone, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2017

Dear Lundydog,

many thanks for reviewing Villa le Barone ater a two decades absence. My wife and I would have loved to speak to you and hear your firdthand remarks. Many people returno to Villa le Barone, some every year, some a bit more infrequently and apparently some 20 years after. I am very glad you saw us still attractive with a character and with several new features.
To readers: we are an old manor conveted into a "family home open to Friends" rather than a hotel and all rooms are well appointed but different, some with larger, some with smaller bathrooms ... so - instead of booking directly- book with us exchanging with our staff at the Reception who is eager to please you in helping you select the room adapted to your needs.
Thank you for your input on the staircase ... we shall have it lighted a bit more efficiently since safety is a must. Thank you for reviewing our restaurant also and - had you stayed a bit longer than just two days- you would have loved the daily changes in the menu without needing to go elsewhere.

My wife and I look forward to meeting you again sometimes soon ... unless you want to meet our heirs twenty years from now!

Reviewed 20 July 2017

Our overall experience at Villa Le Barone was excellent. The service was impeccable and the entire staff was very friendly. The room and bathroom were very clean and pretty. The grounds were gorgeous with amazing views. We loved all of the trees and plants on the property, especially the lemon trees.
We ate at the villa restaurant practically each night that we were there, and the food was delicious. We loved that each day, the chef, Ale, prepared something new and fresh, using home grown foods. I was particularly impressed with how Ale and the entire staff understood my dietary needs as a person with Celiac disease. Ale happily came out of the kitchen to answer any questions that I had. My husband and I also did a cooking class with Ale, which we absolutely loved. We had our own private lesson right inside the kitchen where all of the meals are prepared. We learned so much about the home grown and raised food of the area and we learned a great deal about how to cook properly. The meals were delicious!!! The tiramisu was the best in Italy.
Villa Ale Barone also recommended a local tour guide for our tour of Siena. We had such a great experience that we asked him to come to Florence with us the following day to give us a tour. He was fantastic. We learned so much about those cities, and about how it is to live in Italy.
My husband and I cannot wait to return to Villa Le Barone and spend more time there. Laying in the back of the property with all of the nature around us, and in the infinity pool was heavenly. We had an incredible honeymoon in Italy, and our favorite part was our stay at Villa Le Barone in Chianti.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
CAloisiDeLarderel, Proprietario at Villa Le Barone, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2017

Dear nathaliehernandez04,

I simply don't know how to cope with this review ... I know I should be happy, happy, happy ... but I'm jealous, jealous, jealous!!!! Jokes apart, I am extremely proud of all our staff and of Alessio (Ale) in this case both for his cooking performance together with Tommaso and for his enthusiasm and availability in making you discover Tuscan cooking and Tuscan sights! Bravissimo!!!

I am also very happy you liked our grounds, the sights surrounding our brand new infinity pool and all the rest. I am only sorry that my wife and I did not have a chance to meet you since we have been out this past week.

Please remember that many people come to Villa Le Barone for anniversaries and I wish you a great many in your long happy life! All this being said I kindly forbid you - in spite of your appreciation for Ale - to re christen Villa Le Barone into Villa Ale Barone :=)))

All the best and we hope to see you soon again,

Reviewed 17 July 2017

We were a party of four made up of three adults and one 12-year old and stayed for five nights. We were hoping for a quiet stretch, in beautiful surroundings, and we were not in the least bit disappointed. Even our 12-year old enjoyed just relaxing and reading by the beautiful new infinity pool, going on photo-shoot walks and venturing into town. The owners and staff are as gracious and accommodating as they can possibly be, the guest rooms, public rooms and dining areas are lovely, and the food delicious. We took a private cooking class with Chef Alessio which was a lot of fun, instructive and yummy! In the interest of truly relaxing, we decided not to deal with a rental car in Florence and arranged transportation with the Villa, which all went just perfectly - probably somewhat more costly in the end, including some taxi excursions, but we felt was well worth it. As an aside to foodies passionate about beef, an unexpected and very unique treat was The Butcher Shop (shop and restaurant) in Panzano, a short walk from the Villa, where we had a fun afternoon sharing a meal and wine, family style, with other diners from lots of other places.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
CAloisiDeLarderel, Proprietario at Villa Le Barone, responded to this reviewResponded 19 July 2017

Dear Carol A,

it was great to host you and your party at Villa le Barone and we are very happy you enjoyed it. I am somewhat sorry, though, you did not rent a car, because -even if you resorted to taxis- there are plenty of things to discover around Villa le Barone and the Chianti region and driving yourself gives you lots of flexibility. For those scared to drive in Italy and Chianti ... I assure you it's not that terrible: rent a small car with automatic gear shifting ... then give priority to cars coming from your right or to cars already in a roundabout when you are entering one. Italians are much tamer drivers now than in their former reputation and roads are safe ... save for wild boars and deer crossing the roads at dusk ... so drive slowly with no more than a couple of Chianti glasses during your day ... you can make that up at dinner in Villa le Barone.
Glad you also enjoyed Dario Cecchini, the butcher of Panzano who contributes happiness and happy life to Panzano. Please tell us if you are practising what you learned from your cooking lesson and we shall be happy to host you again next year with new recipes.

Corso Aloisi de Laderel