“Great fresh seafood. Nice terrace, delicous seafood.”

The Fisherman's Bar
Ranked #3 of 7 Restaurants in Portmagee
Cuisines: Seafood
Description: The Fisherman’s bar and Restaurant Portmagee. We are known as a lively traditional Irish pub with some of the best Sea food you are likely to eat. We are located at the pier in the heart of the fishing village of Portmagee.
Reviewed 27 September 2021 via mobile

Had the fish cakes for starters and the sea food platter for mainncourse. Portions were More than enough for two and very very tasty. Service was friendly and courteous. We were sitting on th terrace enjoying Pune dinner and the sunset. A Special evening.
Prices absolutley ok.
We‘ll come back

Date of visit: September 2021
Write a reviewReviews (340)

Reviewed 23 September 2021 via mobile

We came for early/light dinner. We ordered fishcakes starters and main size calamari rings.
When dishes were served, we surprised the size, both dishes were quite big! As well as taste was excellent! Fishcakes containing a lots of fish/seafoods, it was really tasty. The calamari batter was so crispy and calamari was very soft not chewy at all.
We would love to come back for indoor dining.

Date of visit: August 2021
Reviewed 8 September 2021 via mobile

We had a beautiful lunch at The Fisherman’s Bar, the seafood platter was the best ever. I left my raincoat behind and they kindly posted it to me without charge. Thank you so much. I highly recommend it for food, friendliness & honesty. Will definitely be back when next in Kerry.

Date of visit: August 2021
Reviewed 6 September 2021

I went here for a bite after returning from the Skellig Landing Tour (go with Casey's Adventures). Be aware there are actually two entrances to the location - one for the Bar and one for the Grill - look above the door. If you sit outside, it doesn't really matter but I was looking for take away (fish and chips). The staff was friendly and very helpful - they quickly took my order and I was on my way pretty quickly. I didn't look at the food until I got back to my Airbnb and was pleased when I saw the large portions of fish, plenty of fries and a bit of salad. The salad was bit off because it was in the take away box with the heat of the fish and chips. But, the food was very good and definitely hit the spot. There are ample tables outside if you want to sit and eat and look over the bay -although many of the tables have an obscured view. But, a very good place to grab a bit while in Portmagee. The general areas has many places to eat, good parking and some quaint shops. Enjoy!

1  Thank DvrDawg
Reviewed 2 September 2021 via mobile

Beautiful fish and chips. Really fresh fish and light breadcrumbs. Huge portion. Nice setting outside. Friendly staff.